Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I had a handle on deliveries for Ps after reading through the forums. And even though a LR probably makes more sense for my commute/use case, I opted to go Performance right off and placed an order on 6/19 thinking worst case I would get a car in June/July. Was seeing a few others in CA getting cars in a few days to a couple weeks.
Placed my order on 6/19.
Like many others, when configuring the vehicle, delivery estimate defaulted to June to Aug 2022.
Then on 6/22 EDD pushed to Aug 26 to Oct 7. No change since then.
Thinking that when they knew my car would not make the quarter, and with multiple people changing/upgrading to performance to get their cars sooner ahead of me, I don't know where I am in the pecking order now.

13150864-3741-4FC7-8C46-A835F43447E7.jpeg
darn slacker. EQ under achiever

Have you completed all your pre-delivery tasks? If you haven’t completed financing, just check cash for now. You can change it later. Also Trade-in - say now and change it when Tesla asks if you have a trade. I did that night one of my order placement and next day I had a 6-week window.
Yes, all the pre-delivery tasks were done right away.

• Registration - Complete
  • Trade-In - No Trade-In
  • Pay with cash - Complete

Check Back Later
We'll notify you when it's time to
schedule your delivery appointment

Estimated Delivery
Jun-Aug 2022​

Reactions: julit0

On this calculator it has a section in the electric vehicle part that indicates 3.5 miles per kWhr. Does Tesla m3p fall in that range? I’m trying to see what the savings is between my current vehicle and the electric. I know the other info but not what that is. Thanks. Figured May as well focus on something besides ctrl F for a week lol
I’m focusing on this aspect now just to get a good sense on fuel efficiency and cost comparisons…Probably best to use lifetime averages - as trip-to-trip, you may drive more or less conservatively. My work commute is 63 miles round trip 90% highway speeds (75-80 mph) and the rest surface streets. I use TACC and autopilot maybe 50% of the time, more so if roads are empty or flowing. TACC has been amazing in stop and go traffic, too. Averaging 3.57 mi/kWh
38E11F9A-6E45-44FF-B746-7669C57BAC22.jpeg

I’m focusing on this aspect now just to get a good sense on fuel efficiency and cost comparisons…Probably best to use lifetime averages - as trip-to-trip, you may drive more or less conservatively. My work commute is 63 miles round trip 90% highway speeds (75-80 mph) and the rest surface streets. I use TACC and autopilot maybe 50% of the time, more so if roads are empty or flowing. TACC has been amazing in stop and go traffic, too. Averaging 3.57 mi/kWh
View attachment 823609
Thanks. I am about 100 miles round trip. Traffic flows 70-100 in the morning unless a couple nincompoops decide to mix it up. On the way home 50/50 chance unless it’s Thursday or Friday then 100 💯 chance stop and go for 30 of the return

That is an insane amount of Insurance premium, I got my M3P a week back and when I added my car to the existing Progressive insurance which had still 4 months for the next renewal, my insurance went up just by $309. Not a big jump, probably because I am 50+ with no accident history. I have a teenage driver too, though she is not the primary driver on the Tesla. Now I am worried how much it will go up on renewal in October.
Did you check out Tesla insurance?