Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, gone from "assured from the factory that car will be delivered before year end" to "We still don't have your VIN, but we've made you a priority 1 to get you a car ASAP" Looks like next year at the earliest, March if that other Canadian poster was correct. :(

Well, gone from "assured from the factory that car will be delivered before year end" to "We still don't have your VIN, but we've made you a priority 1 to get you a car ASAP" Looks like next year at the earliest, March if that other Canadian poster was correct. :(
Was literally told, just yesterday, that I've been soft matched with a car M3P that is supposed to be arriving in Las Vegas around 12/24. Both cannot be true. We will know soon enough.

The scheduling system knows what cars are being built. The fact that it took away the vague "X to Y weeks" and returned many of us to a specific estimated delivery window is an indication that based on production it has a better idea of when vehicles are going to be delivered to us individually. I'm going to put more faith in that than, "rando SA says stuff that's inconsistent with everything Tesla is telling its customers generally, is I'n direct conflict with its stated goals and is also completely inconsistent with past behavior."

Also, as my SA mentioned yesterday, "obviously it's going to be tight but we're doing the promotion to get additional people to accept deliveries because we have the capacity."

Again, we shall see.

Just circling back to this. Obviously the report that no new MP3s were being produced until March was incorrect. My car I had not been manufactured win that was posted.

At this point, my SA has been completely transparent and accurate. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like all SAs are created equal. I will note again that other folks that I spoke to at Tesla were always quick to redirect me to Jonathan (my SA) noting among other things that he was "tenured" and they pretty much acted like he was the voice of God on these things.

I hope everybody in line is able to get their car before the end of the year. I'm hoping also hoping that everything goes smoothly for my delivery at 2 PM on Wednesday.

Remember to take everything you hear that isn't directly from someone at Tesla, who knows about your exact situation, with several grains of salt.

Just circling back to this. Obviously the report that no new MP3s were being produced until March was incorrect. My car I had not been manufactured win that was posted.

At this point, my SA has been completely transparent and accurate. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like all SAs are created equal. I will note again that other folks that I spoke to at Tesla were always quick to redirect me to Jonathan (my SA) noting among other things that he was "tenured" and they pretty much acted like he was the voice of God on these things.

I hope everybody in line is able to get their car before the end of the year. I'm hoping also hoping that everything goes smoothly for my delivery at 2 PM on Wednesday.

Remember to take everything you hear that isn't directly from someone at Tesla, who knows about your exact situation, with several grains of salt.

Well Canada is a very different market than the U.S, we don't get much inventory at all. In fact, there are no 2021 M3Ps available in Canada at all at the moment, no demos or anything. Methinks all the remaining builds are going to the West Coast U.S to deliver quickly.

Reactions: 4CASTER
Bye waiting room! Picked her up. No issues.
upload_2020-12-26_18-1-15.jpeg

Well Canada is a very different market than the U.S, we don't get much inventory at all. In fact, there are no 2021 M3Ps available in Canada at all at the moment, no demos or anything. Methinks all the remaining builds are going to the West Coast U.S to deliver quickly.

all perhaps true, but this was originally offered as a blanket statement that there would be no more M3Ps >>produced<< until March. Precisely zero cars are produced in Canada.

So, the application was that no additional cars were going to be made for many of us. That turned out not to be true.

I suggested that it wasn't going to be accurate at the time. It was not. That is all.

I don’t know if seeing all the posts here has been better or worse. Definitely illustrates how confusing trying to “understand” the queue for different geographic locations can be. I am happy for everyone who has taken delivery but it’s hard seeing orders placed in late Nov/early Dev getting VINs and leaving the waiting room. Ordered 10/20 Seattle, all docs complete 10/27 still no VIN and no dates anymore as of today. Hoping something changes soon and this still happens by 12/31.

I don’t know if seeing all the posts here has been better or worse. Definitely illustrates how confusing trying to “understand” the queue for different geographic locations can be. I am happy for everyone who has taken delivery but it’s hard seeing orders placed in late Nov/early Dev getting VINs and leaving the waiting room. Ordered 10/20 Seattle, all docs complete 10/27 still no VIN and no dates anymore as of today. Hoping something changes soon and this still happens by 12/31.

This is also where I'm at. No VIN, no dates for my 10/14 Portland order. To this point it has seemed to make sense: orders from locations with longer transit times prioritized to maximize Q4 deliveries. Now, seeing people in California with orders placed in late Nov / Dec taking delivery while my SA is unable to provide anything other than vague, non-answers, is very frustrating.