Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RC10M3P:10/31 - No VIN or estimate. Orange county, CA.
jmbloom_m3P: 11/4 - NO Delivery Date but VINned
Jeffffffffff: 11/11 - VINned
c4Lvin: 12/09 - VINned/Pickup 12/30 - SoCal
avn1284: 12/14 - No VIN/delivery estimate (Central Valley, CA)
Antweezey: 11/22 - No delivery date/No Vin (Bay Area)
BB987777: 10/24 - Got VIN an hour ago (Bay Area)
westernvine: 10/23 - No VIN or estimate. Seattle, WA
royinla: 11/19 - No VIN, No ETA. SoCal
natman316: 12/20- No Vin/ Estimated Delivery 12/29-12/31 (HAHAHHAHAHA) Bay Area

side note I won't be picking the car up even if they give me one end of the year since I am out of town. BTW has anyone driven a Model Y? Is it much different than a 3? I am considering jumping ship to a Y demo car instead. Initially ordered the 3 b/c I want to try track mode and prefer sedan handling. But seems like Y is pretty much a 3 hatch rather than a true SUV, so wonder if the handling is close. I do intend to do skip trips with the car so Y might be better for that.

Other thing that scares me about the Y is no cargo cover and car break ins is rampant in the Bay Area
If you picked up in the last 3 days of the year, Elon came thru on his word! FSD trial just enabled itself on my car tonight. I took delivery yesterday 12/29 and looked around lunch today and it wasn’t there, but was tonight. So I got in on the ‘last 3 days of the year’ promo. Now, how to get in on the city street beta??

Weird how they can instantly add FSD trial but takes until mid Jan to start the free supercharging. I feel bad for those that got pushed to March. Seems he should be like “Sorry for having to wait another quarter, here is free supercharging and a trial of FSD” but instead I got it and had no control over pickup within the timeframe.

For those pondering a headlight-holdout, I too am of the unpopular opinion of liking the old headlights over the new ones. While picking up yesterday I saw a lot of them. The black plastic surround looks cheaper then the complete cohesive looking reflective/chrome housing on old ones. As for functionality, I haven’t seen new ones in action except that YouTube video, but my ‘old headlights’ work great and are super bright. Unless Matrix LED pattern coolness is passed in the US and actually a feature of these new lights and enabled, I won’t be too jealous.

Interesting to hear about the FSD enablement. Good news.

I ordered red/black on 11/25 for a Burbank pickup in 4-6wks and completed everything that day including the insurance card photo that they don't seem impressed by, but I think that's normal(?). Date estimate has been consistently in the 2nd half of Dec but fluctuating slightly.

Got MVPA and VIN 875XXX yesterday and paid in full. Should be the latest headlights, etc. but still my VIN seems a bit low for 12/29 SoCal. Hope it's not one that had to be pulled aside for rework.

This evening the VIN and delivery estimate disappeared. I'm guessing they wiped a bunch of us off the website because tomorrow's going to be too hectic to keep the site in sync anyway. Or maybe the system's just flakey -- the dates have disappeared before.

i never received the MVPA or payment option with my VIN. I think that’s why I’m a bit anxious since it just disappeared but still says I’ll be contacted to sign the contracts and make final payment for delivery.

Picked mine up few hours ago!...only flaw i saw was that hood gap was tiny bit off but no big deal...in and out in 15 minutes...only bummer was I had no idea we dont get universal automatic garage door openers anymore...dang...guess we have to order one for 300 and they send you hardware and then they come out install on your garage door opener and your car??...seems like a hassle...but otherwise car looks great....gotta say, it didnt feel as fast as i thought it would from 50-80 but 0-50 feels abit faster than my previous model 3 AWD LR with acceleration boost.

azmxM5.jpg

Uh...my VIN and estimated delivery date just disappeared...
My delivery notice, that I got today, said that might happen in the course of your drop off process.
But it did not mention the VIN going away --

"Your delivery will happen anytime between 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. You do not need to be present for the delivery.

NOTE On the day of your scheduled delivery, your date in your Tesla account may disappear, please do not be alarmed, this is a normal cadence. "
Question to those who got vin, did you also get a payment request at that same time or did it come later?

My delivery notice, that I got today, said that might happen in the course of your drop off process.

"Your delivery will happen anytime between 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. You do not need to be present for the delivery.

NOTE On the day of your scheduled delivery, your date in your Tesla account may disappear, please do not be alarmed, this is a normal cadence. "
And I got the MVPA and payment stuff later

The Plaid website is super-sketchy and I really didn't want to sign up with some stupid new "startup" banking app and give them access to my *everything* but when the time came I just clicked pay now from the Tesla site and my weird little bank was the 7th one on the list. I entered my banking password and the car was paid for, just like that.
Yeah, Plaid felt iffy too. It actually asks for your bank login and password directly and uses that. It's not doing a Oauth transaction where they don't have your login information. After delivery I'm going to change my password, and I would suggest anyone else to do the same. Otherwise they have full access to your online banking even after this transaction.

Reactions: royinla
Yeah, Plaid felt iffy too. It actually asks for your bank login and password directly and uses that. It's not doing a Oauth transaction where they don't have your login information. After delivery I'm going to change my password, and I would suggest anyone else to do the same. Otherwise they have full access to your online banking even after this transaction.
You could do a wire. They zero out our amount about 30 mins after they received it

Last edited:
You could a wire. They zero out our amount about 30 mins after they received it
In my case, I didn't find out the delivery center wasn't accepting personal checks until a day before they scheduled the delivery, so I decided not to risk wiring (and being SOL on delivery day if it doesn't go through in time), and just did the transaction online. The Plaid transaction zeroed it out immediately (even though ACH takes a few days). It was Christmas holiday when I asked, so it took a while for a rep to get back to me.

The appointment ended up being canceled anyways as apparently the car they received was damaged and they wouldn't be able fix it before year end. They matched me up with another VIN and I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow (it's actually an SR+, but just responded here to the point about Plaid).

12/5 order in Seattle - also got pushed to March via SMS. Delivery advisor did reach out on Monday to offer some 2020 inventory to me but declined. Not too bothered, this is a "unnecessary but I want it" upgrade from my 2018 AWD - however my tabs expire late March so hopefully I get something before then..

Yeah, I’m not sure...I’m in the same boat as Jackspat2. We got our VIN but no MVPA or payment options and now the VIN and delivery date range are all gone...

Picked mine up few hours ago!...only flaw i saw was that hood gap was tiny bit off but no big deal...in and out in 15 minutes...only bummer was I had no idea we dont get universal automatic garage door openers anymore...dang...guess we have to order one for 300 and they send you hardware and then they come out install on your garage door opener and your car??...seems like a hassle...but otherwise car looks great....gotta say, it didnt feel as fast as i thought it would from 50-80 but 0-50 feels abit faster than my previous model 3 AWD LR with acceleration boost.

azmxM5.jpg
Congratulations! The home link is just a car add on they install. You will have to program it to your garage door which should be easy. You need the clicker and start the learn process in the car and learn n the opener