Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So....Tesla has not delivered any performance cars in 2021? Just curious....I switched from LR to Performance. My delivery window stayed the same, but my order date changed from 12/29/20 to 1/29/21. Don't have a clue if that will affect when I will actually get my car??

So....Tesla has not delivered any performance cars in 2021? Just curious....I switched from LR to Performance. My delivery window stayed the same, but my order date changed from 12/29/20 to 1/29/21. Don't have a clue if that will affect when I will actually get my car??

Nope. Not even any shipped to Europe. Those folks will be waiting until next quarter for MIC models. Fingers crossed we don’t suffer the same fate! Starting to get a little nervous.

Tim

I wonder if they ran out of the Performance tires like they did on the MYP late last year...

It’s pretty clear they make them in batches by color, interior, model, etc. I suspect some “retooling” is required on the line for the performance models. Once they wrap up the SR+ and LR AWD production they’ll start pumping out the performance models. Mixing them all up in chronological order would slow production. Our day will come, soon (I hope).

Tim

Well first i changed from Red to White, then i changed from LR to Perf. Both times i got moved to the back of the line lol (at least my estimated delivery date did)

Oops, I’m sorry, I should have clarified. I meant I changed my interior from black to white. I misread what the last person had said about changing colors. Exterior color shouldn’t bump you back, but the trim would.

I wonder if they ran out of the Performance tires like they did on the MYP late last year...

This was the case last quarter (Q4 2020) where they had a delay on parts to complete all of the EOY performance builds. Once they came in, they completed the allotted builds for Q4 in the first week of January. They set a couple/few weeks a quarter, if even, for performance builds.

The only after-market ones I would consider would be those 3D Maxpider ones, but that logo :)eek:) and reports they don't quite fit the '21 on the passenger side either.

Tim
I ordered the 3D Maxpider ones and am just going to see if they fit. Some people say they fit the 2021 and others say they dont. I'll just have to find out for myself.

I also purchased some Tesla logo pins specifically made for the 3D Maxpider mats to replace the ugly logo

hRU85iC.png

Reactions: TBrownTX