Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One White Interior LRAWD Vin reported yesterday, thought I would come over here to the Performance thread and sneak that in.
Yep I saw that one, I was assuming it’d be the same as the LRs - where the black interiors gated out first and then the white interiors. However it looks like that might not be the case because we’re getting updated delivery dates on white interior M3Ps as well.

Unfortunately there is no useful comparison data in his test. Battery performance is *greatly* dependent upon temperature, especially when low temperatures are combined with lower SOC's. In addition, there are sophisticated software limits based upon temperatures, resistances, traction predictions, etc. that we don't know about.

This guy tested 3 cars down to 10% SOC somewhere in the middle of Siberia in vastly different weather conditions and just said "Oh, don't worry that the other car had a battery temperature of 28.5C and this car is at 8.5C, I don't think it will make much of a difference."
Yeah dude, it makes a difference. It makes all the difference.

Also note that when you crank up the cabin heat in a <2021 it heats the battery. But in a 2021+ it chills the battery. So if you really need to maximize performance in the snow, wear a heavy jacket and blast the AC to keep the battery warm. ;)
Yeah but the temperature of the battery was the same as the 2021 M3P at lower SoC where it actually mattered.

But how do we heat the battery on a Heat Pump based Model 3? Heating the interior uses the heat pump but not the battery? I’m confused :confused:

My trade in quote from Tesla was trash, got quoted on both my cars for curiosities sake. Took it to Carmax and got $5k more and $4k more on the cars. Carvana also beat Tesla by $2k and $3k.

Got my quote within 24 hours after my SA said she’d push it through quickly.

My white M3P still March 11 - 31. No update.
It'll be worth the wait! The materials used for white seats are higher quality and are more durable than black so I'm really looking forward to the white seats, even though we'll probably be waiting a bit longer. Elon also chooses white in his personal vehicles :cool:

upload_2021-2-13_19-47-37.png

MmYEaUz.png

Hello folks. I've been skulking through this thread for a couple weeks now. Finally made an account as I'm sure I'll be back for miscellaneous reasons. @Sandee3 Happy you got a date assigned! Fingers crossed for all the rest of us future M3P owners.

Ordered 2021 white on white M3P no FSD on 19Dec. EDD: 14Feb-16Mar w/ no VIN yet. (refreshed after they missed first EDD)

Reactions: Venom and TBrownTX
Hello folks. I've been skulking through this thread for a couple weeks now. Finally made an account as I'm sure I'll be back for miscellaneous reasons. @Sandee3 Happy you got a date assigned! Fingers crossed for all the rest of us future M3P owners.

Ordered 2021 white on white M3P no FSD on 19Dec. EDD: 14Feb-16Mar w/ no VIN yet. (refreshed after they missed first EDD)
Welcome aboard

Welcome @Shmaggle1! Thanks for your kind words! I truly hope you get your M3P first...to all those who were left without at the end of 2020. Here’s to hoping these estimated dates ring true.

Blue exterior, white interior. This will be our second Tesla with white interior...love the white. So excited for my M3P!
I'm similar. 2nd Tesla but I did M3P blue on white. My wife's car is a blue on black MX 6 seater unicorn - 90D w/FSD, free lifetime unlimited premium, and free lifetime supercharging. We have a bunch of kids so I'm hoping the white interior holds up like they say it does. I'm only planning on hauling 1 or 2 of the kids at a time in the M3 though...

Reactions: Sandee3
This is the 3rd (hopefully last) quarter I have watched. What I have seen is the east coast will get their deliveries first. How early is dependent on how fast they get transported across the country. The closer you are to the factory to later you get your delivery. SoCal seems to get their deliveries the last 2 weeks of the quarter. There has been some exceptions where 2 or 3 people on the west coast get deliveries super early. Even though I have seen this cycle 2 times I still check for updates constantly. This is part of the unique tesla buying experience.