Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried the same thing with my SA, I even tried tesla chat and I was basically told they can't assign the car unless I cancel my order. Which at that point they couldn't guarantee me that I would get that car, plus I would lose the $100 and have to pay $500 for the new "order". I gave up and figured it will come when it comes, A few jack and cokes help too.
Yeah, I’ve been in a rental since taking a tree at 60mph in my other 3. Getting a bit expensive.

Ordered mine in Dallas on 1-27, white/white M3P, and I’ve been getting the date ranges, to X-X weeks from order, then been mostly N+1 while waiting for my VIN, but this morning I was surprised by a lovely N+2 :( When you’re this excited for a new toy, any extra day is devastating hah.

Though earlier this week my SA said the VIN assignment will happen over the next few days. I’m pretty sure I’ll pop some extremely old Champagne when that happens. Until then, it will be more marathons of Tesla videos until my girlfriend revokes my TV controlling privileges.

Dates slipped another day. Now 3/28-3/31 white/white PA

Last communication with SA a few days ago had a gate date of 3/13. Apparently this is being delayed again as I don’t yet have a vin.

Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to get one in June....

Ordered mine in Dallas on 1-27, white/white M3P, and I’ve been getting the date ranges, to X-X weeks from order, then been mostly N+1 while waiting for my VIN, but this morning I was surprised by a lovely N+2 :( When you’re this excited for a new toy, any extra day is devastating hah.

Though earlier this week my SA said the VIN assignment will happen over the next few days. I’m pretty sure I’ll pop some extremely old Champagne when that happens. Until then, it will be more marathons of Tesla videos until my girlfriend revokes my TV controlling privileges.
I'm in Dallas and ordered 1/4, blue/black M3P. VINs aren't assigned by order date it seems, it's some random sequence as some people in Dallas got their cars before me.

Anyway this is still better than my last attempt in 2019:

I had a VIN, fully paid for it, waited a whole month and it still wasn't delivered, then my fully paid car got unmatched from me. Apparently it was Tesla corporate mistake with a dummy VIN that would never have been built. I was so irritated I canceled that order entirely.

I'm in Dallas and ordered 1/4, blue/black M3P. VINs aren't assigned by order date it seems, it's some random sequence as some people in Dallas got their cars before me.

Anyway this is still better than my last attempt in 2019:

I had a VIN, fully paid for it, waited a whole month and it still wasn't delivered, then my fully paid car got unmatched from me. Apparently it was Tesla corporate mistake with a dummy VIN that would never have been built. I was so irritated I canceled that order entirely.
They have one in Houston Ask your SA

They have one in Houston Ask your SA
457A08F8-69C7-4F58-B99A-7687EC8765ED.png

As of this morning my dates have changed. Last night I was at March 29-31. This morning I’m showing March 20-28. Still no VIN though. I’ve never seen the dates go backwards. This seems like progress? I’m careful not to get my hopes up just yet. I ordered on 2/10.

I tried for Horus to snag this one only to he told “this car may not even exist”. SA had a VIN and nobody could get it to assign. I’ll be furious if someone actually gets it.
I'm showing another one of these, but with white interior, somewhere within 200 miles of Dallas (Tesla website).

Tim

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 8.08.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 8.08.36 AM.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 40