Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put an order in for a M3P only one week ago (March 7), but yesterday I saw a M3P with exactly my spec pop-up in the inventory in Florida on the Tesla web site (I'm in Palm Beach County, Florida). I went to the Tesla store near me and asked if they could attach that VIN to my order. At first the advisor said sure, but when he tried on the computer at the store, the more detailed data he had on that car in "inventory" said that car was in "pre-production". And he was not allowed when he tried to attach me to that VIN. He then texted his manager and his manager said what I requested and what the advisor was trying to do cannot be done. He said something about sometimes Tesla adds cars to inventory at a specific location before the cars are built and shipped for some reasons. I assume these may be marketing reasons or how they manage inventory, but not sure.

I asked if I should just order that M3P listed in the inventory and then cancel my earlier order and I was advised no, there is no guarantee that helps you. There is a chance, my original order gets into production in March.

No biggie. Obviously you guys have been waiting months longer than me. I'm just going to relax about it and ignore what appears in inventory.

Very small chance I get my car in the next few weeks and more likely June or early July, I expect.

Cheers,

Snade

Last edited:
No vin. And my dates disappeared.
A few on the inventory nearly match my build...
I called and while they have VINs and are slated for my region, they are “pre-production” (I spoke with some very helpful. He had the vin and was assigning it then called regional because it wouldn’t assign. They told him it is preproduction)

they did have 2 with white interior MSM on the production line they offered to assign, but the wifey again shoots down the white. Probably the best. Performance car with MSM does seem more themed with black interior and black rims (my plan...)

the journey continues. I really really doubt I see it this month. But it seems they are currently rolling M3Ps off the line this week by the boatload so who knows.

Interestingly enough guys... I spoke with Tesla local and regional. There are a ton in inventory today, but none of them (at least in the north East region) are out of production. Many are preproduction.
Because of this the regional manager said not to try to match as they could unmatch me after as these may be cars that simply haven’t gone thru assignment.
If that happens, I go to the back of the line.
Just a heads up. These aren’t cars that are done whatsoever and it could be a glitch that the preproduction and gate cars are now showing up as inventory.

• Informative
Reactions: tns.ceo and Avn1284