Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case helpful I’ve had my VIN since March 5. Called Tesla today because my SA just doesn’t answer. He looked it up and said the car is still in the factory but anticipates I will probably take delivery within 17 days.

I'm in Dallas and ordered 1/4, blue/black M3P. VINs aren't assigned by order date it seems, it's some random sequence as some people in Dallas got their cars before me.

Anyway this is still better than my last attempt in 2019:

I had a VIN, fully paid for it, waited a whole month and it still wasn't delivered, then my fully paid car got unmatched from me. Apparently it was Tesla corporate mistake with a dummy VIN that would never have been built. I was so irritated I canceled that order entirely.
Oh man that’s a bummer, I’d be quite irritated as well. Hopefully we both get a good pairing in the coming days-you’re long overdue. It’s a sick combo, I hope it impresses and you deem it worth the wait!

Interestingly enough guys... I spoke with Tesla local and regional. There are a ton in inventory today, but none of them (at least in the north East region) are out of production. Many are preproduction.
Because of this the regional manager said not to try to match as they could unmatch me after as these may be cars that simply haven’t gone thru assignment.
If that happens, I go to the back of the line.
Just a heads up. These aren’t cars that are done whatsoever and it could be a glitch that the preproduction and gate cars are now showing up as inventory.
That’s concerning, as I called about the same and my SA assigned one of those pre-production VINs to my account.

That’s concerning, as I called about the same and my SA assigned one of those pre-production VINs to my account.
This was her response when I mentioned my concerns.

Attachments

• C595C945-1D4E-4354-B2E1-974D71AF2F46.jpeg
    C595C945-1D4E-4354-B2E1-974D71AF2F46.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 67
What kind of witchcraft is happening? I spoke with another SA (mine wasn’t available) and asked him to match me to a car IN production.
He couldn’t do it. Then said his service line said they can’t match IN production VINs at all.
I mentioned the forum and said people had even matched a pre production today... he said he has no idea how, as his regional office physically can’t do it.
Someone know an in we don’t over here?
What gives?

What kind of witchcraft is happening? I spoke with another SA (mine wasn’t available) and asked him to match me to a car IN production.
He couldn’t do it. Then said his service line said they can’t match IN production VINs at all.
I mentioned the forum and said people had even matched a pre production today... he said he has no idea how, as his regional office physically can’t do it.
Someone know an in we don’t over here?
What gives?
A verified Tesla employee on the Tesla Discord said that VINs are assigned automatically by computer so the SA you spoke to may be right. Keep on refreshing that page!