Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I felt a little woozy after flooring mine the first time. It really is almost too much. Too much fun that is!

Tim
Took the wife out for some taco's tonight. I talked her ear off about all the crazy stuff the car can do. Mentioned to her that is was way faster than my Hellcat. She didn't believe me. I was like "OK" and changed the subject. About 10 mins later we were waiting at a red light. I told her I would be at 60mph before we get through the intersection. At the moment I spoke the last word of the sentence the light turned green and I stomped on it. Let's just say the wife scream"F^&" and got slammed back in her seat. She was not very happy and I giggle all the way to the taco shop. When we were done eating she looked at me and said lets take the highway home and show me what this thing can do. What a great night!!!

Took the wife out for some taco's tonight. I talked her ear off about all the crazy stuff the car can do. Mentioned to her that is was way faster than my Hellcat. She didn't believe me. I was like "OK" and changed the subject. About 10 mins later we were waiting at a red light. I told her I would be at 60mph before we get through the intersection. At the moment I spoke the last word of the sentence the light turned green and I stomped on it. Let's just say the wife scream"F^&" and got slammed back in her seat. She was not very happy and I giggle all the way to the taco shop. When we were done eating she looked at me and said lets take the highway home and show me what this thing can do. What a great night!!!
You got a great wife lol

Exciting to see this on my account:)

Attachments

• 5E447A01-3E10-4DA7-8398-EABFA8F5E370.jpeg
    5E447A01-3E10-4DA7-8398-EABFA8F5E370.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 73
View attachment 645443

Haven’t had a chance to take to many pictures, but the day has come! Car was dropped off, and my trade in was driven off. Pretty quick transaction. Going over the car I noticed a gap on one side of the spoiler where it mounts to the car, a rock chip in under the front bumper, and a scratch on top of one of the tail lights which is barely noticeable. Looking at the cars data, looks like the guy dropping it off punched it during the trip 😒. Not to happy about that, but it is what it is.

View attachment 645445
Man, that black looks so good. I was on the fence and went MSM but seeing this made me a bit jealous. All these pics being posted is so good to see!

Reactions: TBrownTX

Thank you for sharing this story Eddie, you made me laugh, and remember. About 15 years ago I picked up a 2006 Mustang GT. My Wife hated that I got the car in the first place, but one night we went to dinner and she agreed to ride in it (only because it was new).

Coming home, we pulled onto the service road and I punched it. Car got a little sideways but straightened out and we took off. She was SUPER PISSED, it scared the crap out of her and she never rode in the car again, I'm not kidding.

Fast forward to two days ago and my 3 second Model 3 (vs. 5 second Mustang). I drove like an old fart. Super smooth and slow. Maybe a little juice pulling out on the road but easy does it. If I punched it she's probably die on the spot, so going to avoid (at least for now).

Tim

Thank you for sharing this story Eddie, you made me laugh, and remember. About 15 years ago I picked up a 2006 Mustang GT. My Wife hated that I got the car in the first place, but one night we went to dinner and she agreed to ride in it (only because it was new).

Coming home, we pulled onto the service road and I punched it. Car got a little sideways but straightened out and we took off. She was SUPER PISSED, it scared the crap out of her and she never rode in the car again, I'm not kidding.

Fast forward to two days ago and my 3 second Model 3 (vs. 5 second Mustang). I drove like an old fart. Super smooth and slow. Maybe a little juice pulling out on the road but easy does it. If I punched it she's probably die on the spot, so going to avoid (at least for now).

Tim
I took my dad out for a ride in my MX 90D and stomped it over and over again. He's in his 70s and after 3 or 4 runs he was like "ok ok, you've proved your point". LOL. My kids were in the back seat and screaming/laughing the whole time.

Ok, don't hate me - not my fault. :)

I ordered a M3P ten days ago and recently got a vin and appointment to pickup next week. I am in south Florida.

When I ordered it, the advisor said there is a chance you get into the March production / delivery, but more likely June.

I will believe it when I see it.

That is the scoop.

Snade
I think the Oct-Dec orders firing squad is too busy driving their new cars to care.

So nice to see the post-delivery pictures and great stories everyone is having. Much better than the doom and gloom we all had about a week ago! Especially happy for those that have been waiting since end of last year like Eddie and others. Tesla definitely needs to improve the wait and delivery process, but there's no denying they nailed the car driving experience, which is what counts.

Looking forward to my delivery on Sunday 3/21.

For those that are still waiting for VINs/delivery schedule, there are still many days left in March! I am hopeful most if not all of us will be enjoying our new M3Ps come beginning of April.

Keep the pictures coming!

So nice to see the post-delivery pictures and great stories everyone is having. Much better than the doom and gloom we all had about a week ago! Especially happy for those that have been waiting since end of last year like Eddie and others. Tesla definitely needs to improve the wait and delivery process, but there's no denying they nailed the car driving experience, which is what counts.

Looking forward to my delivery on Sunday 3/21.

For those that are still waiting for VINs/delivery schedule, there are still many days left in March! I am hopeful most if not all of us will be enjoying our new M3Ps come beginning of April.

Keep the pictures coming!

Now I can sit in my car and refresh my account to my hearts content! 😉

Tim