Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone this window stripping looks like it needs to be fixed right? It’s not flush. Shouldn’t take long?

121199C9-29F5-4999-8E62-F9B63B048971.jpeg

My drivers side lower door jamb had a bump in the seal. Turned out to be a piece of metal sticking up from the stamping process. Was able to pull off the seal, bend the metal down, and put the seal back in place. It now looks normal.

I'm attempting to address most issues myself if I can top avoid someone in service creating more problems later.

I'm coming from a BMW M3. Agreed the steering is numb, feels like a video game controller. Didn't try to corner too hard. With my BMW M3 I can toss it into corners at almost any speed within reason and feel confident I can stabilize it. The BMW M3's chassis and steering wheel communicates exactly what each corner of the car is doing. It's pretty amazing and leagues above the regular 3 series 340i, etc. (I've owned like 5 of those). M3P felt better than regular BMW 3 series, but way worse than BMW M3.

However I did not experience any torque steering during my test drive, or else I wouldn't have ordered the M3P.

I think I used the wrong term, not torque steer maybe more like bump steer, when I get on it hard, the car points left, and when I let off it goes right, subtle but there.

I think I used the wrong term, not torque steer maybe more like bump steer, when I get on it hard, the car points left, and when I let off it goes right, subtle but there.

Update: I love the P3D so much. Getting rid of the BMW M3 tomorrow. It's a dinosaur.

Does anyone know how long it takes for us to get the new software? Seems to be on the old UI. Mashing the advanced button and/or rebooting doesn't work, that might be a palcebo. It's been on wifi in the garage for a few days.

Update: I love the P3D so much. Getting rid of the BMW M3 tomorrow. It's a dinosaur.

Does anyone know how long it takes for us to get the new software? Seems to be on the old UI. Mashing the advanced button and/or rebooting doesn't work, that might be a palcebo. It's been on wifi in the garage for a few days.

I'm still on the old software too. Apparently you just wait for a while and it'll show up. Could take up to a couple weeks.

Heard this said elsewhere, but to me it rings true... Driving an ICE car feels like driving a tractor after you get used to the Tesla. Other cars are simply obsolete.

Tim
It's why I'm getting rid of my last ICE car - Honda Odyssey - on trade. It just sits there since neither of us want to drive it, we both take turns driving the Model X. It was originally purchased to replace my Nissan Pathfinder and wife liked it more than her minivan so now it's basically her car. I get the M3 as mine though :)

Just noticed there's a "Delivery Final Inspection" fee of almost $1300 included in the cost of my M3P.
Don't mind the Canadian $'s, but is this something that y'all had too? If they're charging a fee to inspect the vehicle before delivery, there'd better not be a single defect with this car....

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

View attachment 649028
I can confirm that's correct for Canada. Should really ready Delivery + Final Inspection Fee.

I was told that I have the most updated version which is 2020.47.104 but that doesn't seem right. I asked the mobile service and they checked with the service dept. They said that it should come in a few weeks based on my VIN. No update since I got my car (march 19) but it's weird that my car says, up to date with March XX 2021.

I was told that I have the most updated version which is 2020.47.104 but that doesn't seem right. I asked the mobile service and they checked with the service dept. They said that it should come in a few weeks based on my VIN. No update since I got my car (march 19) but it's weird that my car says, up to date with March XX 2021.
It's not setup for your vin range yet so you are on the current build. Takes a few weeks, but you will get updated :)