Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A7636160-5BF5-4223-B274-15553A375E4C.jpeg

Just got home after picking up the m3 this am. Vin 914 zero issues looks wise only problem was the balance was off a little but I have the tsports tss coming this weekend so I’ll deal with the balance for a couple days. The car did have with heated steering wheel, headlight and new center console . The only complaint was at the Tesla dealership I’m assuming they had something like 40-50 people waiting for their cars so a 10 minute pickup took almost 2 hours. And then I had to drive 90 minutes back home so it was a long morning. Couldn’t be happier with the 3

This is normal?
All cars allow water to leak in to drainage channels around the trunk perimeter and the early 3's had a little rubber flap extending from the rear glass that went nicely all the way around, mostly for aesthetic reasons.

I'm guessing that there were issues with water coming down the rear glass, skimming over that rubber flap and then entering the trunk so they redesigned the flap to be much longer with a curled lip to catch the water and added little drain holes to it. Seems they didn't think about the struts at the time so they had to crudely chop the lip off both sides of the fancy new weatherstrip. Then in '21 they had to chop the left side even more.

It's a shame they didn't think to cut it nicely at an angle so that it looks intentional, rather than just hacking it squarely out with a pair of dykes.

What’s everyone’s view on the temp guidance for the Pirelli tires? I am taking the car into service on Thursday to get a few things addressed and we are of course getting some cold temps then that will dip a bit below 45 degrees. Wondering if I should reschedule or if it’ll be fine.

Woohoo!
One small alignment issue with the trunk on the right. Otherwise wonderful!
WHAT A ROCKET SHIP!
Its almost scary.
On another note, I'm sitting at a supercharger right now and the car is buzzing quite noticeably. Is this normal?
My M3P plates go on tomorrow 😁

Attachments

• 20210330_192214.jpg
    20210330_192214.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210330_165343.jpg
    20210330_165343.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210330_192205.jpg
    20210330_192205.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 74
I always found it difficult to find examples of what to be looking for that seems off with the panels, so for anyone's future reference, this is what I'm hoping to get fixed on the passenger door (first pic) on Thursday. The other door on the passenger side seems alright to me, but not perfect (see second pic)

Attachments

• tempImagewHXG74.png
    tempImagewHXG74.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 82
  • tempImagekhZ6wh.png
    tempImagekhZ6wh.png
    3 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: m3ira
Woohoo!
One small alignment issue with the trunk on the right. Otherwise wonderful!
WHAT A ROCKET SHIP!
Its almost scary.
On another note, I'm sitting at a supercharger right now and the car is buzzing quite noticeably. Is this normal?
My M3P plates go on tomorrow 😁
Yes, sounds like a jet engine when it's doing high KW charging.

Okay for all of those who asked if you should get PPF right away. I decided to take mine straight into PPF/tint/coating (like I've only actually used my car for an hour haha). I scheduled a service appointment for a week from now from when I should get the car back to fix the trunk missing paint (that part wasn't going to be covered by PPF and I think they will see if anything else needs to be fixed.

Just a heads up, Tesla service says NOT to get it wrapped before your first service appointment. So I recommend, arrive on site, accept delivery, and immediately get your service appointment (or see if they can fix it right then) and then after the car is all good, take it into PPF.

I'm hoping they don't find any issue on parts covered in PPF or ceramic coating :( Also the PPF guys noticed some swirling of the paint too, which Tesla might have fixed for free, but I decided to just pay the PPF guys to fix.
Just like you I got ppf installed on my car, what sucks is my front bumper and passenger headlight needs adjusting. I'm expecting tesla to tell me to pound sand and stick me with a bill. Even though the guy at the delivery center took pictures of the gaps.

Reactions: rancur
Hey Guys, Great to see the photos of the new deliveries.

I know internet forums like this are heavily weighted with members who like to mod their cars. But just for the record, I'm not doing a thing to my new M3P - possibly tint, but the Tesla glass has good UV protection. I don't like the look of dark windows.

I just sold a five year old BMW that was all stock, no tint, no wrap, nothing. I got a great price because it was low miles and never a mod.

I think "all stock" cars are going up in value because they are becoming rare.

Just sharing.

Cheers,

Snade

Reactions: TBrownTX
Hey Guys, Great to see the photos of the new deliveries.

I know internet forums like this are heavily weighted with members who like to mod their cars. But just for the record, I'm not doing a thing to my new M3P - possibly tint, but the Tesla glass has good UV protection. I don't like the look of dark windows.

I just sold a five year old BMW that was all stock, no tint, no wrap, nothing. I got a great price because it was low miles and never a mod.

I think "all stock" cars are going up in value because they are becoming rare.

Just sharing.

Cheers,

Snade

Similar approach here, although I am replacing the wood dash (easy, snap-in) and swapped out the footwell LEDs.

Outside of that, everything else I have done (and plan to do) are simple things like floor mats and accessories.

I owned a heavily modded late model Mustang a few years back, and almost every mod had some unintended consequences.

This time just going to enjoy the car for what it is, although I totally get the “mod-bug” and can appreciate the fun!

Tim

I installed my 3D maxpider mats and spigen screen protector right in the Tesla parking lot. The lady looked at me like a fool carrying those from my trade-in over to the new car. I was dropping off for PPF and stuff so wanted all that on before the installers got in my new car. I will say the spigen screen protector is pretty badass - 2 minute install, perfect fit/finish.

Once I get the beast home I'll be putting in my OBD harness and CANServer so I can look at some of the data. Also have a few other small mods to do. Nothing crazy, I'm going to try to stay mostly stock.

Still debating selling my Uberturbines. I have some Arachnids from Tsportline already.

How did you fit 15mm spacers on it? That's the forbidden size. Hope you didn't just slap them on without checking to see if they fit! Your wheels would fall right off!
Double checked with Danny @MODEL+ and he reassured me that the 15mm spacers are in fact compatible with the 20” Uber turbine wheels. They have a deeper pocket then the previous years 20” wheels.

If you’re looking for aftermarket bits I would highly recommend buying from Danny at Model+. He is very quick to respond to questions and offers great advice and feedback. I ordered these spacers and received them in two days.

Top notch vendor with impeccable customer service.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Double checked with Danny @MODEL+ and he reassured me that the 15mm spacers are in fact compatible with the 20” Uber turbine wheels. They have a deeper pocket then the previous years 20” wheels.

If you’re looking for aftermarket bits I would highly recommend buying from Danny at Model+. He is very quick to respond to questions and offers great advice and feedback. I ordered these spacers and received them in two days.

Top notch vendor with impeccable customer service.
Thank you for your kind words @Ralbright

Our specialty is in wheel fitment and suspension components. If you come to us with questions about compatibility, we will factor in the car you have and the parts you want to interact with it. Client by client, case by case!

Uberturbines on 2021+ M3P have deeper hub pockets in the back of the wheels to clear 15mm spacers. This is measured by another member here and also proven in our testing.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 8.59.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 8.59.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 8.59.22 AM.png

These are all examples of 2021 M3P using 15mm Aspira Spacers all around on 20" Uberturbine wheels.

We also offer spacers by H&R. Their 14mm is a different style that uses extended shank bolts instead, making them compatible with older M3Ps using the 20" Sport Wheels.

If you have any questions, feel free to message us! Always happy to assist.

Regards,
Danny