Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed my 3D maxpider mats and spigen screen protector right in the Tesla parking lot. The lady looked at me like a fool carrying those from my trade-in over to the new car. I was dropping off for PPF and stuff so wanted all that on before the installers got in my new car. I will say the spigen screen protector is pretty badass - 2 minute install, perfect fit/finish.

Once I get the beast home I'll be putting in my OBD harness and CANServer so I can look at some of the data. Also have a few other small mods to do. Nothing crazy, I'm going to try to stay mostly stock.

Still debating selling my Uberturbines. I have some Arachnids from Tsportline already.
I had an arm full of boxes for some simple mods when my wife dropped me off for the car too. I was putting in console tray and dash and stuff while she was talking about the car hah.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Have any of you decided to go with 220V charging instead of the Tesla Wall Charger? I've been calling around for estimates to have a 220V outlet installed in my garage and am pretty surprised at the $600-$1,200 quotes I am receiving...

Have any of you decided to go with 220V charging instead of the Tesla Wall Charger? I've been calling around for estimates to have a 220V outlet installed in my garage and am pretty surprised at the $600-$1,200 quotes I am receiving...
Yeah that's crazy. I bought the wall charger, watched a YouTube video and installed it with about $120 worth of stuff from Lowes. It's basically a breaker and 3 wires. Hardest part was stuffing the dang cable through the flex conduit.

It really depends on your setup. In my case, my box is all the way on the other side of the house, the the run was very long. With the cost of copper, it was pricey. I actually had two runs pulled. It can be as low as $2-300 if your box is in the garage already. As far as the plug vs charger, the actual electrical work isn't going to be that different. Obviously you'd have to add $500 for the charger itself. For what it's worth, I went with the Tesla wall connector.

Reactions: TBrownTX and m3ira
Yeah that's crazy. I bought the wall charger, watched a YouTube video and installed it with about $120 worth of stuff from Lowes. It's basically a breaker and 3 wires. Hardest part was stuffing the dang cable through the flex conduit.
Everything related to construction is very expensive these days because contractors are very busy due to low interest rates.

Small basic jobs get expensive because no one is looking for extra work, especially small jobs.

Reactions: TBrownTX and m3ira
Uberturbines on 2021+ M3P have deeper hub pockets in the back of the wheels to clear 15mm spacers. This is measured by another member here and also proven in our testing.
Great to know! The turbines actually look pretty damn nice in that fitment! Much closer to the original intent of the prototype. Thanks @MODEL+

Prototype tesla-model-3.jpg

We did this... lucky my father in law is an electrical engineer... so it cost $89.63 in parts and nothing else. Getting 19-24 miles/hr charging, but my house is older and I think were slightly limited by the wiring (or so the electrical engineer says... I trust him)

Reactions: m3ira
Thank you for your kind words @Ralbright

Our specialty is in wheel fitment and suspension components. If you come to us with questions about compatibility, we will factor in the car you have and the parts you want to interact with it. Client by client, case by case!

Uberturbines on 2021+ M3P have deeper hub pockets in the back of the wheels to clear 15mm spacers. This is measured by another member here and also proven in our testing.

View attachment 649603View attachment 649605
View attachment 649604

These are all examples of 2021 M3P using 15mm Aspira Spacers all around on 20" Uberturbine wheels.

We also offer spacers by H&R. Their 14mm is a different style that uses extended shank bolts instead, making them compatible with older M3Ps using the 20" Sport Wheels.

If you have any questions, feel free to message us! Always happy to assist.

Regards,
Danny
both of these pics are cars that are NOT lowered?

I always found it difficult to find examples of what to be looking for that seems off with the panels, so for anyone's future reference, this is what I'm hoping to get fixed on the passenger door (first pic) on Thursday. The other door on the passenger side seems alright to me, but not perfect (see second pic)
mine had this, its the rubber piece behind the door that's bent...open the door and look from the inside to see if its that

Just wanted to provide my thoughts on the car after three days of ownership for anyone who was in a similar position as I was while waiting on the car / deciding to order one in the first place...

It really is a great car.

First things first, acceleration: Yes, the car is ridiculously fast at all speeds. Instant torque and acceleration isn't limited to low speeds - you will be thrown into your seat when accelerating at highway speeds as well. What is even more amazing to me, though, is how this instant torque can be used to rotate through and out of corners. To say I have not experienced something like this is an understatement - I did not even know this experience was possible. For reference, I test drove current generations M340i & Audi S4, and have sat passenger in the previous generation Porsche 911 and a Ferrari F430. I initially thought the steering was numb during my test drive - it no longer bothers me.

Acceleration is one thing, but I am equally amazed by Autopilot. I did not go with FSD and do not regret it a bit as in my opinion the extra features are either too early in their development or would only seldom be used. I most enjoy it in those brief situations like tying my shoes or reaching for something in my bag. Side note: it's pretty amazing that this is standard on even the base Standard Range version. The Performance is such an excessive car, honestly the SR or LR (if you need extra range and want the slightly better interior) are more than enough for most people. In no way would I look at the SR or LR as "lesser" vehicles.

I love the interior and integration of technology throughout. From the HomeLink automatically opening/closing the garage as I approach/leave it, the dash cam automatically starting recording when the driver honks, to the control and insights the app provides, you are continuously reminded that despite seeming simple at the surface, you are indeed driving a car like no other. Sound system is good. Others rave about it, but I recently spent time in a Volvo XC90 with a Bowers and Wilkins system and nothing has ever sounded the same since.

My biggest concern going in was overall ride quality/comfort. As someone who has spent significant time in a current generation Mercedes E-class and previous generation Lexus ES350, I can say this car is not as refined as those. Where the Mercedes excels at highway speeds, it is here where you realize the amount of wind noise the Tesla allows. Likewise, the Lexus handles city bumps and imperfections much better. That may be okay for most Performance buyers as that is what they are expecting given the larger wheels and lowered suspension, but just want to point this out. My previous car was a 2018 Honda Civic and this is about on par with it in terms of ride quality. For me these are all worthy trade-offs as I no longer have to hear the sound of an engine reving (seriously, try carving corners in this thing with no music - it is a very cool experience), but nevertheless there is room for improvement.

Some changes I would like to see: Air/magnetic suspension, more bolstered seats (the car corners so flat, but you would never know it as the seats don't hold you in place), ambient lighting, and cooled seats.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all, congratulations to all that have received their P's, and hoping those waiting get them soon.

I had planned to post some more pics today, but it rained. Raleigh Delivery yesterday 30-Mar. Ordered 11/3, canceled 1/4, re-ordered 1/23, delivered 3/30.

Seems really tight on panel gaps, windows are aligned and no issues. Compared to my VIN 321xx, this is nicely put together. The acceleration is phenomenal, and the ride is only a bit harsher than my old one with 19's. It is worth the wait.

I do miss FSD as you could lane change in autopilot mode with the signal stalk or Nav on AP. So that is on the list when I start road tripping again.

Mods: Red tire caps from my father; red mask in center console for shopping (so far)

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 90
Does premium connectivity not come with a year free trail? when I was driving home, it worked great, now two days later, it says my trail has expired.
I had some issues with connectivity as well. Once I added a payment method to renew with in March 2022, it started working.

Took a ~220 mile trip to Treehouse Brewing yesterday with my wife. We stopped for lunch on the way up and got accustomed to the car as well as autopilot along the way. Great trip but was a bit surprised to leave at 100% and arrive back home at 9%. I suppose the 310 estimate is best case scenario and someone with a steadier pace than I. 😂

Gave it a quick wash and dropped it off for Xpel PPF. Hope to have it for the weekend! No regrets, really enjoying the car.

Attachments

• PXL_20210330_170146471.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210330_170146471.MP.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20210330_115504051.jpg
    PXL_20210330_115504051.jpg
    859.6 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20210330_114923482~2.jpg
    PXL_20210330_114923482~2.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20210329_224238577.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210329_224238577.PORTRAIT.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20210329_224141565.jpg
    PXL_20210329_224141565.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20210329_224129325.jpg
    PXL_20210329_224129325.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 77
That’s what I thought! Rims do indeed seem alright thankfully... It looks like a huge nail/screw. After reading this forum I thought the noise I was hearing had to do with some window gap/panel misalignment so never thought to look at the TPMS. Then I heard the pop and sure enough the system kicked in and alerted me of 13, then 5, then 0 PSI.
My drivers door glass
Hey, does anyone's side glass line up surface-to-surface? I know the edge-edge gaps are supposed to be random, but how are people's windows lining up surface-wise? All of mine stick out by different amounts compared to the B and C pillar glass and I don't know if I should bother asking the service center to mess with it as it looks to me like a non-fixable issue that they'd just have to hack at if they attempted to address it.
My drivers door glass is not flush to the b pillar and all the other 3 doors are fine. I have wind noise from the area the glass isn’t flush. Have a SC appointment next week for this and few other minor things.

My drivers door glass

My drivers door glass is not flush to the b pillar and all the other 3 doors are fine. I have wind noise from the area the glass isn’t flush. Have a SC appointment next week for this and few other minor things.
Just ran out to my garage and my driver's glass, b pillar and rear door glass are all not flush with one another too. Also the body lines don't perfectly match on the driver's door like everyone is mentioning.

Following this thread to see if anyone ever gets these issues fixed... otherwise I'll live with it.

Do any of these pictures help? Let me know if you need another angle. Mine all appear even and flush as far as I can tell.

Tim
Here is what my drivers side door B pillar fitment looks like. Not sure if it’s normal or not.

The body line at the door, weather stripping at of top door panel and drivers door glass all have offsets varies from 1/8”-3/16”.

Rear drivers door and B pillar also slightly offset.

All of the offsets are biggest at bottom of window, adjacent to B pillar.

Attachments

• 3AEB9CF8-682B-40B9-AB4B-54DA2F7779B7.jpeg
    3AEB9CF8-682B-40B9-AB4B-54DA2F7779B7.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 32E891D9-2DD0-4D77-882A-B7B96CB498EF.jpeg
    32E891D9-2DD0-4D77-882A-B7B96CB498EF.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 0E19FFA4-4B43-4140-9E7C-39342AF673C4.jpeg
    0E19FFA4-4B43-4140-9E7C-39342AF673C4.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 7BB4A376-AEA3-4C57-9A8F-DC6544E57ECD.jpeg
    7BB4A376-AEA3-4C57-9A8F-DC6544E57ECD.jpeg