Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just decided to finally pull the trigger on a new performance 3! Now the long wait begins. In the meantime anyone have any 1st time buyers reading materials, must have accessories or otherwise to share?
I am curious to see if you will get it this quarter. I have a hypothesis that Canadian Model 3 Performance vehicles have not been built yet (hence the 3-5 weeks delivery estimate on the Tesla configuration page) and are mostly built to order due to low volume. Canadian M3P production is likely less than 100 cars per quarter based on anecdotal evidence on forums and % of them seen at delivery centres. If you got your order in before the production run, you might be lucky enough to get yours around the same time as my late March order.

Just watched the latest Ryan Shaw YouTube and he states that Tesla has shipped a lot of cars without VIN numbers and delivery centers are loaded with cars. Essentially there is a firmware update to use the vision over radar causing the delay but the cars are at the delivery centers. With the June 3rd Model S Plaid “Delivery” event he speculates the firmware would need to be pushed by that date. This could mean our cars would get the updates and we get our VIN but could also mean the cars would be immediately available for pickup?! Wishful speculation but it tracks.
Aren’t Model S all back order until September/October?

Just watched the latest Ryan Shaw YouTube and he states that Tesla has shipped a lot of cars without VIN numbers and delivery centers are loaded with cars. Essentially there is a firmware update to use the vision over radar causing the delay but the cars are at the delivery centers. With the June 3rd Model S Plaid “Delivery” event he speculates the firmware would need to be pushed by that date. This could mean our cars would get the updates and we get our VIN but could also mean the cars would be immediately available for pickup?! Wishful speculation but it tracks.
I believe that. The Corte Madera SC in California which typically has an empty lot suddenly as of the past few days started filling up with mostly Model Y's grouped by color. I swung by obviously to check for any gray M3Ps but alas...none yet at least.

Literally what my page looks like right now. No information at all lol.

1622165533529.png