Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021-05-28_08-19-54.png

Woke up to this disappointment. Ordered 4/8 gray on white M3P. It's been showing 6/27 - 7/13 for a few days. Last night the date went away altogether like most others in here then this morning it's almost 6 months away 😭 . I being punked, I'm sure of it.

Surprised to login to my account this morning and find I now have an EDD, it had been showing the generic 4-11 weeks for delivery since placing the order. Now showing an EDD of 6/18 - 6/30. I'm honestly amazed that I got a Q2 delivery slot given my order date, very excited though!

From my understanding, the M3P are always most likely delivered at the end of the quarter as they are not the sold in as high quantity in comparison to the non-p models.
This is my understanding as well. The high volume (non P) production is ramped out and pushed out and we M3P order holders are the tail end of that, delivered close to quarter end. I changed to 3-5 weeks today (from June 19-30, Denver, 4/13 order). No matter how you slice the recent dates I have been given, the max of the provided range has always been end of June.

View attachment 667234
Woke up to this disappointment. Ordered 4/8 gray on white M3P. It's been showing 6/27 - 7/13 for a few days. Last night the date went away altogether like most others in here then this morning it's almost 6 months away 😭 . I being punked, I'm sure of it.
I'm pretty sure I'd rage quit if that showed up on my account.... Already on the verge of canceling my order as I'm fed up with the lack of information coming from Tesla. It's unacceptable and they are taking advantage of the enthusiasm for the product to ignore basic customer service. I get there is demand and constraints but a little communication isn't too much to expect for a luxury purchase.
As more EV options hit the market they are not going to be the preferred vendor in the segment with such terrible customer engagement.

I'm pretty sure I'd rage quit if that showed up on my account.... Already on the verge of canceling my order as I'm fed up with the lack of information coming from Tesla. It's unacceptable and they are taking advantage of the enthusiasm for the product to ignore basic customer service. I get there is demand and constraints but a little communication isn't too much to expect for a luxury purchase.
As more EV options hit the market they are not going to be the preferred vendor in the segment with such terrible customer engagement.
Completely agree. I might place a LR AWD order this morning and just take whichever shows up first at this point. Spending a small fortune on uber rides... what is a wasted $100 order fee?

It's a struggle but I'm telling myself it's only a fluke and I'll still get it this quarter.

I'd do the same, but my "Plan B" is a C8 Corvette, which is almost as difficult to buy as an M3P these days...

This is ridiculous... If that's true you might as well cancel your order and just wait for the 2022 model...
View attachment 667234

This is ridiculous... If that's true you might as well cancel your order and just wait for the 2022 model...
Well at this point if it's really 6 months then what I would receive would be the 2022 :-/

I'm wondering if my configuration is that unique and doesn't have the volume to justify being made in bulk with the others. I know white and black and very popular but maybe not gray on white...speculating here though. To think the factory is about 30-40 minutes away from my house too

Well at this point if it's really 6 months then what I would receive would be the 2022 :-/

I'm wondering if my configuration is that unique and doesn't have the volume to justify being made in bulk with the others. I know white and black and very popular but maybe not gray on white...speculating here though. To think the factory is about 30-40 minutes away from my house too
I ordered MSM with the White interior and mine shows 3-5 weeks currently... of course, yesterday it showed 5/30 - 6/15 so who knows.
Ordered on 3/30.