Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp boys, we did it. She’s perfect.

1623569759391.jpeg

My 2018 3 had this. Mobile service tried to adjust it but didn’t have enough adjustment room to get it flush. They ended up changing out the entire charge port (still via mobile service).
Thanks for the reply! I have a service appointment already. I also noticed that the front passenger window is somewhat noisier then the rest of windows when it is being opened or closed.

No one ever wants to hear this but I sure wish Tesla or at least TMC had made it clear to me when I ordered:

There is no meaning to the estimated dates - they are just random numbers and California deliveries generally occur in the last days of the quarter, sometimes just minutes before midnight - regardless of when you ordered. There will even be people placing new orders this weekend who will receive their car before you. It's just random.

My Burbank delivery estimate was 3 weeks so I rushed to sell off my old car. Then 5-1/2 months later I finally got my very first contact from them saying my car had arrived and I could come get it. They supplied me with barely enough battery charge to make it to the local collision repair shop where it spent its first week getting some of the various paint/panel issues adjusted.

Tesla has vastly expanded the art of the zero-F's approach to sales, marketing, and brand image but there's no question that they produce the very best cars on the planet and provide very good post-sales service. So if you can just hold on thru this initiation/hazing process you won't regret it.
Thanks, Gauss. Well put, and really appreciate it. If the other car comes in sooner, I'll take it and dump the $100 on Tesla. If Tesla comes in, I'll do it.

Question for those that have their M3s dropped off on delivery day: what do you do when if find the car in an unacceptable condition? Not that this has happened to me, but they are delivering the car at 4:00 AM and I doubt I'll be there to see it when it's delivered.

Last night my order went from X days, to a specific date range, Estimated Delivery: July 07 - July 27

I own the car I'll be selling (probably to Carvana), and we have a new 4xe, also work from home, so no rush, maybe we'll have a better idea about potential tax credits, etc., by then. :)
I wouldn't make any decisions until you have a VIN and a delivery date confirmed by the delivery center. THEN throw your trade in to tesla to see what they will give you, and also check carvana and vroom and see what they will do. But I have had a different delivery window almost every day...The VIN is the closest to real you get

I wouldn't make any decisions until you have a VIN and a delivery date confirmed by the delivery center. THEN throw your trade in to tesla to see what they will give you, and also check carvana and vroom and see what they will do. But I have had a different delivery window almost every day...The VIN is the closest to real you get

Thanks for the FYI. I'm about 98% sure I'm going to sell outright to Carvana, the offer is the same price I paid 2 years ago! In fact, we just had a DD/RT go off lease, bought it outright, specifically to sell, and we made $9K, they picked it up at the house, no hassles, would definitely use them again.

Reactions: Honcho7