Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered two weeks ago.
EDD has changed frequently.

Originally Estimated:1-11 weeks

Updated EDDs over past two weeks [in order]
7/7-7/27
7/20-8/9
7/12-8/1
7/18-8/7
7/15-8/4

Now today EDD: “7-11 weeks”

Any others experience this?
Yep. Ordered 6/3 and have had a dozen different EDDs from June to August. Now also 7-11. I have noticed that it has gone from days to weeks over a couple weekends and then reverted.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I saw this posted in the LR waiting room thread by user blkgenius so this makes a bit more sense:

2021 Refresh - LR AWD Waiting Room

Learn to ignore the EDD when it displays the same range as a new order, presently 7-11 weeks.

The system does try to approximate when your car enters production. However, during the overnight updates, if for whatever reason the method call doesn’t return a value, then it will default to showing the current delivery estimate. This is a placeholder due to no return value and doesn’t mean anything. The next time the system update returns a date range for your estimated production run, the EDD will update.

Reactions: JDLouisville
I saw this posted in the LR waiting room thread by user blkgenius so this makes a bit more sense:

2021 Refresh - LR AWD Waiting Room

Learn to ignore the EDD when it displays the same range as a new order, presently 7-11 weeks.

The system does try to approximate when your car enters production. However, during the overnight updates, if for whatever reason the method call doesn’t return a value, then it will default to showing the current delivery estimate. This is a placeholder due to no return value and doesn’t mean anything. The next time the system update returns a date range for your estimated production run, the EDD will update.
Thanks for posting this. This actually makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: hcdavis3