Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Places my order on 8/5
Model 3 Perfoemance, Red w/Black interior. No FSD.

Estimated delivery date: 9/9-9/30

Couple questions from a first time poster:

1. Still have not received the trade in offer on my car. The only pic that was submitted was my odometer. I was not asked for any others. Is this normal?

2. Any benefit to waiting for 2022 model? Balancing if any changes would be significant vs the anticipated cost upper. Last year same model went up $5K and other trims already went up $2K this year except for M3P.

Your expertise and thoughts/ comments welcome !
Digid80 is right on point. There will probably be some minor changes for 2022. Only possible major change I can see if a new self driving computer. Tesla has already said the Model 3 will be way down the road for the new 4680 cells. They also just refreshed the interior and increased the range a bit. 2021 also has the new double pane glass, power truck and heated steering wheel. Tesla said they can't add the bio weapon defense mode because the filter will not fit on the M3 so don't really expect that. I think any big changes will be via software also. Hoping for auto steer on city streets soon but that only matters if you plan on getting FSD. This will be software also so doesn't matter if it is a 2021 or 2022....

Reactions: nonstop and digid80
Hey just my two cents: 1. Be prepared for Tesla to give you the lowest offer out of almost every other option i.e. Private sale, Selling to dealership(what I did), or a online buyer like Carvana. 2. There will always be new features (most of which you can get from updates) so I don't think there will be any huge significant leaps between 2021 model and the 2022 model that wouldn't come out as an update.
Thank you ! I received an instant quote from Tesla even before submitting my order and I was pleased with it. Just hoping the same value comes thru. Otherwise will resort to the other vendors that you referenced.

Thanks again for the feedback !

Reactions: digid80
Digid80 is right on point. There will probably be some minor changes for 2022. Only possible major change I can see if a new self driving computer. Tesla has already said the Model 3 will be way down the road for the new 4680 cells. They also just refreshed the interior and increased the range a bit. 2021 also has the new double pane glass, power truck and heated steering wheel. Tesla said they can't add the bio weapon defense mode because the filter will not fit on the M3 so don't really expect that. I think any big changes will be via software also. Hoping for auto steer on city streets soon but that only matters if you plan on getting FSD. This will be software also so doesn't matter if it is a 2021 or 2022....
Thank you ! The potential change from HW3 to HW4 for 2022 would definitely be a bummer given I am tentatively scheduled for delivery in late Q3 2021, eg missing next year production by just a few months. Hoping that is not the case !

Thank you ! I received an instant quote from Tesla even before submitting my order and I was pleased with it. Just hoping the same value comes thru. Otherwise will resort to the other vendors that you referenced.

Thanks again for the feedback !
As long as you get what you want for the car that's all that matters. I was just saying if you tried other options you probably would be even happier. I walked into a Ford dealership and sold a 2016 Mustang to them and they offered 3K more than Tesla did. That will cover all this money I'm spending on accessories lol and a set of wheels and tires.

First-time poster here and thought I’d add my order details to the mix for future-readers…

Ordered blue ext. white int. on 7/28. Like everyone else, EDD jumped around all over the place, though currently it has held steady at 8/17-9/6 for the past four days. Still haven’t received VIN or final paperwork but this string of consistent dates seems a bit unusual? Anyway, I suppose it’s a bit like refreshing the weather-report over and over—it’s gonna be what it’s gonna be. :)

I’d love to get the car by Labor Day, but that EDD also overlaps with when I’m supposed to road-trip with my daughter to get her and her car to college. If the dates overlap I’m hoping I can sweet-talk the SA to cut me some slack so my car doesn’t go back into the pool!

Thank you ! The potential change from HW3 to HW4 for 2022 would definitely be a bummer given I am tentatively scheduled for delivery in late Q3 2021, eg missing next year production by just a few months. Hoping that is not the case !
remember that your trade in value only lasts for 30 days, there is a possibility when its time to do trade in your value goes down. We were going to do Tesla trade in route then saw the auction prices declining on secondary market, so we decided to sell our car to vroom instead (1.5k more too). This will only really be better if you have other cars in the meantime

Reactions: digid80
Mine shifted another day to the right but my range is still much larger: August 11 - Aug 29
To be honest don't pay attention to EDD. About two weeks ago I called the SC in Savannah and spoke to some random person there and gave them my reservation number and they told me then looks like around 17 AUG and that ended up being pretty close to true. I would call a SC or email order support and see if you can get a better idea of when yours is projected.

Reactions: statuskuo