Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised they haven't sent me anything to finish up my payment. I have a set delivery for next Tuesday. Guessing I will get something soon.
THXULTRA do you mean you don't see the option to pay or are you saying you are surprised they aren't hounding you about it ? From what I am hearing you can do everything on delivery day if you choose to. I am going to use the ACH method through the App later today.

Reactions: nonstop
If anyone is wondering. I just switched my financing from TESLA (Wells Fargo) to Navy Fed with no issues. If anyone was going to do some additional loan shopping once you receive your VIN. It was just a quick call to the SC and changed in 5 minutes and didn't disrupt my delivery or anything.
Thanks for the update on this! May I ask - did you happen to already accept the terms for the TESLA (Wells Fargo) financing before calling the SC to have it changed? I've already accepted mine through TESLA (US Bank) but wanted to potentially try and shop the closer I get to delivery.

Reactions: digid80
Thanks for the update on this! May I ask - did you happen to already accept the terms for the TESLA (Wells Fargo) financing before calling the SC to have it changed? I've already accepted mine through TESLA (US Bank) but wanted to potentially try and shop the closer I get to delivery.
Yes I had already accepted the terms. It's a easy change on their end.

Reactions: aroncbrown
Thanks for the quick reply - one last question - when you go with financing outside of Tesla, do you pick the cash option and the lender cuts you a check for the remaining balance after your selected down payment?

Really appreciate the additional detail!
Aroncbrown no worries. A lot of people took their time to answer my questions so I am just paying it forward. So the Tesla rep will do everything. She went in and changed it after I provided the new lender and gave her the exact amount I was borrowing from them. So sometime this week I will go to Navy Fed and pick up two checks. A cashiers check for my down payment and a check from Navy fed for the remaining balance of the car to take with me on delivery day. I hope I answered your question.

Reactions: c00sebookpro
Hi, new here but thought I'd add my info if it helps others!

MSP | MSM/B | FSD | Ordered 28 July | VIN 10 August | EDD (at the moment) 22-29 August

I'm pleasantly surprised at how quickly this has progressed because the original time range was something like 6-9 weeks. I guess we'll see.

I actually hope it doesn't come TOO quickly at this point because I'm currently sitting in the South of France and delivery is to be in Raleigh, NC.

I've never even sat in an electric vehicle! (On a whim, we bought this and plan to drive it coast to coast at the end of the month. We are kinda nuts.)

Aroncbrown no worries. A lot of people took their time to answer my questions so I am just paying it forward. So the Tesla rep will do everything. She went in and changed it after I provided the new lender and gave her the exact amount I was borrowing from them. So sometime this week I will go to Navy Fed and pick up two checks. A cashiers check for my down payment and a check from Navy fed for the remaining balance of the car to take with me on delivery day. I hope I answered your question.
Fantastic - this is super helpful, thanks digid80!

• Love
THXULTRA do you mean you don't see the option to pay or are you saying you are surprised they aren't hounding you about it ? From what I am hearing you can do everything on delivery day if you choose to. I am going to use the ACH method through the App later today.
I didn't get anything asking for payment yet. I'm trading my car in also so maybe they have to do everything on delivery day... They gave me the trade in estimate. I figured they would ask for a updated odometer picture and give me the final numbers to pay. Would like to do ACH as well and then just pick up on delivery day.

• Informative
I didn't get anything asking for payment yet. I'm trading my car in also so maybe they have to do everything on delivery day... They gave me the trade in estimate. I figured they would ask for a updated odometer picture and give me the final numbers to pay. Would like to do ACH as well and then just pick up on delivery day.
Possibly because you have a trade in and I don't. I have that in my portal.

Attachments

• paytesla.JPG
    paytesla.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: THXULTRA
Got my VIN too folks. EDD has been pretty consistant for a bit though. Ordered back in June (the 21st). Originally said end of July then got pushed - now showing the 10th to the 15th which is about in line with how long it took to get my past X and 3. I imagine I'll be getting an email/text from the SC here in the next day or two to schedule. Oh for those curious - Red exterior, black interior - just like my X.