Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got to have one of the longest waits on here. Just got a VIN today and I ordered February. I did refuse the first match in early March because I was waiting on the Green Act to shake out (it didn't). No matches offered since then, but I also never emailed my SA or did anything but update my trade in mileage every month since I don't need a new car. Mine still runs fine and I hardly drive anywhere these days. It's just 18 years old and the trade in value is high right now so it's a good time to upgrade.

Details:
M3P Red/Black, No FSD
Ordered: 2/14
VIN: 8/25
Delivery: no date yet. EDD Sept 8-10. Maybe I jumped the gun with this post...

For those that might be interested I got to keep the February price ($2k less than it is today), although sales tax in VA more than offsets the difference. Total cost after all the fees and tax is just under 61k. Exactly double my last new car 18 years ago, and I remember thinking that one was expensive at the time.

Reactions: c00sebookpro
I've got to have one of the longest waits on here. Just got a VIN today and I ordered February. I did refuse the first match in early March because I was waiting on the Green Act to shake out (it didn't). No matches offered since then, but I also never emailed my SA or did anything but update my trade in mileage every month since I don't need a new car. Mine still runs fine and I hardly drive anywhere these days. It's just 18 years old and the trade in value is high right now so it's a good time to upgrade.

Details:
M3P Red/Black, No FSD
Ordered: 2/14
VIN: 8/25
Delivery: no date yet. EDD Sept 8-10. Maybe I jumped the gun with this post...

For those that might be interested I got to keep the February price ($2k less than it is today), although sales tax in VA more than offsets the difference. Total cost after all the fees and tax is just under 61k. Exactly double my last new car 18 years ago, and I remember thinking that one was expensive at the time.

I’m also in Virginia and my EDD is Sept 7-10 and VIN arrived the same day as yours (8/25). Lends some credence to there being a delivery headed our way, perhaps, as I’m guessing shipping logistics have a lot to do with how things are batched.

NO FREAKING WAYYYY!!!!

My EDD now says 4-5 weeks!!!!!!!

from Aug 22-25, to Aug 26-29, to 4-5 weeks from TODAY. WTF

OH, and my VIN disappeared!

UPDATE: Now I have a completely different VIN with an EDD of Aug 20-Sep 2. I guess something happened to my car (assigned to someone else or damaged in transit?)

Last edited:
Wow. Out of nowhere I got the payment email today and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow! Ordered 7/28 blue/white—28 days from order to delivery.

For this still waiting, keep the faith!

Curious what the payment email looks like and how it relates if your financing is still not closed on your profile... or if it even happens if you've not finished that? I have a VIN and, at the moment, an EDD not too far away that is only three days wide.

Curious what the payment email looks like and how it relates if your financing is still not closed on your profile... or if it even happens if you've not finished that? I have a VIN and, at the moment, an EDD not too far away that is only three days wide.

Email is titled
2021 Model 3 Cash Final Payment Ready

It's basically for you to finish the paying the remaining balance (after loan), my car got updated to being delivered today and I was able to just pay it instantly. I got my vin yesterday (so 1 day vin to delivery)

Email is titled
2021 Model 3 Cash Final Payment Ready

It's basically for you to finish the paying the remaining balance (after loan), my car got updated to being delivered today and I was able to just pay it instantly. I got my vin yesterday (so 1 day vin to delivery)

That makes sense. Essentially whatever you're putting down outside of what you might finance. Got it. I need to wrap that all up... just had been sitting around reading the tea leaves a bit to make sure my delivery date didn't go whipping off into the far future and leaving financial terms no longer valid.

Wow. Out of nowhere I got the payment email today and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow! Ordered 7/28 blue/white—28 days from order to delivery.

For this still waiting, keep the faith!
Considering Tesla has moved our expected delivery date 3-4x now, I hope to see this happen to us too soon as we placed our order around the same time you did for a performance (White on White). 28days from order to delivery is pretty decent. Good Luck!