Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe your Tesla rep was thinking about Model Y's. The Y will soon include cast front chassis and there may even be a period of overlap where Texas Y's are cast while Fremont Y's are still stamped. All Y's have had cast rear chassis from the start so it's only the front that is changing.

But there are no announcements for casting anything on the 3 and I don't think there will be in the near future. Unlike the Y, the 3 was not designed with casting in mind so it would likely be very expensive to make such a major change. They'll probably do a major chassis/battery update in 3-5 years implementing castings but until then they have their hands/factories full with much more important things.

Reactions: Kaehny
I believe your Tesla rep was thinking about Model Y's. The Y will soon include cast front chassis and there may even be a period of overlap where Texas Y's are cast while Fremont Y's are still stamped. All Y's have had cast rear chassis from the start so it's only the front that is changing.

But there are no announcements for casting anything on the 3 and I don't think there will be in the near future. Unlike the Y, the 3 was not designed with casting in mind so it would likely be very expensive to make such a major change. They'll probably do a major chassis/battery update in 3-5 years implementing castings but until then they have their hands/factories full with much more important things.
That's probably correct and I'd imagine they would be much more likely to use a new press for say Cybertruck than model 3.

I ordered my MP3 Black/black on 10/13. ODD was 11/12 - 12/03 new EDD is 11/1 - 11/26. No VIN, my SA must be kidnapped. I'm in AR. Fingers crossed this comes together quickly. The wait it tough!
My wait will get tough after Friday, when my '21 M3LR goes away. I sold it (couldn't refuse the offer) and ordered the new '21 M3P. These cars are fun to drive!

Reactions: Taxvictim and tm1v2
56D9954E-BBA9-40E7-900C-61B15CB8FCBF.jpeg
Not sure if this is the right space for this. But our wait ended yesterday after 2 weeks (sounds pretty fast) and we got our M3P as scheduled.
Side note, been a DCU member for 12 years now. Make sure to start your paperwork before Friday otherwise you’ll delay things with the weekend (short day on Saturday and closed on Sunday).

New to the Tesla Family. Placed our order just last night at around 10pm M3Performance.Got approved by US Bank. Insurances uploaded and got an Estimated Delivery date of Estimated Delivery: November 11 - December 09. Noob question but what is the RN1234567 numbers? its just an Order number?

Seems like the Performance are being built a lot faster

Reactions: AxelR
New to the Tesla Family. Placed our order just last night at around 10pm M3Performance.Got approved by US Bank. Insurances uploaded and got an Estimated Delivery date of Estimated Delivery: November 11 - December 09. Noob question but what is the RN1234567 numbers? its just an Order number?

Seems like the Performance are being built a lot faster
RN is your Reservation Number. So you are in the system and have paid your $250.00. It allows you to enter Insurance, get approved, upload docs in your account. That will move to a VIN once assigned, but you'll use that number in your correspondence with Tesla if needed. I wouldn't bother because the advisors know nothing ). You'll see your EDD change a couple times and eventually will have an SA reach out to schedule your delivery. It's a long wait but well worth it. I'm on wait number two for Tesla now. It hasn't changed much in the 12 months since my last purchase. Enjoy the ride. They are amazing

RN is your Reservation Number. So you are in the system and have paid your $250.00. It allows you to enter Insurance, get approved, upload docs in your account. That will move to a VIN once assigned, but you'll use that number in your correspondence with Tesla if needed. I wouldn't bother because the advisors know nothing ). You'll see your EDD change a couple times and eventually will have an SA reach out to schedule your delivery. It's a long wait but well worth it. I'm on wait number two for Tesla now. It hasn't changed much in the 12 months since my last purchase. Enjoy the ride. They are amazing
Thanks! an advisor actually reached out to me not long ago. She seemed to know what's going on kinda. I wanted to make sure with a few things from Paying my $250 and getting Approved. just had to make sure its all good and legit. (Of course) and no different numbers were going to be thrown at me and crazy obstacles. The Advisor called and had her change my down payment. and briefly asked for an EDD and she said November-11-Dec-9 (Obviously can change so I didn't hold my breathe) but she said the faster the approval with the banks and faster the process something about priority but again didn't hold my breathe. Super excited though. Im here in Texas. might get lucky and the Edd is what it is.

2021 M3P white on black
Ordered Oct. 1, 2021
VIN received Oct. 15
Delivery scheduled Oct. 16
Delivered today, Oct. 27

I went armed with a checklist and carefully checked all body and glass fit and condition plus all the functionality I could try. Car seems absolutely perfect. Drive home was a blast and I am thoroughly impressed so far.

Reactions: X_Grave_X
2021 M3P white on black
Ordered Oct. 1, 2021
VIN received Oct. 15
Delivery scheduled Oct. 16
Delivered today, Oct. 27

I went armed with a checklist and carefully checked all body and glass fit and condition plus all the functionality I could try. Car seems absolutely perfect. Drive home was a blast and I am thoroughly impressed so far.
Did you do it at the Tesla Dealership? wow you got yours quick! I assumed its performance version getting quicker delivery. how was the delivery process?

Did you do it at the Tesla Dealership? wow you got yours quick! I assumed its performance version getting quicker delivery. how was the delivery process?

Yes, at the dealership. It was all much faster than I had expected and the process was very smooth. They people at the delivery location were extremely friendly, they accepted me earlier than my scheduled arrival time, and the process was simple as I had prepaid and I had no trade-in.