Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a weird message in the Tesla app: "Tesla is making changes that impact your order. Review details in your Tesla Account before proceeding."

It's the Tesla Vision "Since May 2021..." disclaimer and the "Accept and Proceed with Delivery" button. Not crazy about some of the temporary limitations mentioned because if this was created in May 2021, the "in the weeks ahead" part should have been over by now.

Read the agreement, accepted and have a VIN containing "NF" so it's a 2022, plus a new EDD of 2021/11/14-2021/11/20!
congrats! which one of our will get delivered first?!?

Received my VIN this morning, 2022

Ordered 10/29/21
VIN 11/10/21
EDD 11/10/21 - 11/16/21

M3P, White/Black, No FSD
Salt Lake City
Daaang I’m jealous. You’re the closest person geographically I’ve seen on here, with the most similar order.

Ordered: 10/17
VIN: Not yet
EDD: 11/12 - 11/22

M3P, White/White, no FSD
St George, (but they’re having me pick up in Las Vegas.) I’d pick up in Salt Lake but I worry I’d be stranded on the drive home.

Haven’t gotten anything about Tesla Vision yet…

Reactions: BruinIvy
Daaang I’m jealous. You’re the closest person geographically I’ve seen on here, with the most similar order.

M3P, White/White, no FSD
St George, (but they’re having me pick up in Las Vegas.) I’d pick up in Salt Lake but I worry I’d be stranded on the drive home.

You should be getting the notice on Tesla Vision soon and then VIN to follow acceptance of the notice. it seems like when the EDD narrows to 10 days, then VIN to follow shortly.

Reactions: nongorilla

M3P, White/White, no FSD

Did you check the source code of the website? You should see a vin now. Do a search in the source code for 5YJ If it finds one that’s the first three letters of a tesla VIN.

What makes going from a 2021 m3lr to a m3p worth it? I am on the fence, and question the extra money vs paying $2K for performance boost..
It really comes down to whether or not you want “the best”. I’m the type of person where if I don’t get the best version of a car I will eventually end up selling and buying the better one, so it saves me money in the long run.

I could have been waiting two months, but it worked out well! Last thing I wanted was to pickup a 2021 and a week later for it to be a year old model. And even worse if I had booked my pickup it would have been a year old before I picked it up. Some people don’t care, but I do.

Same here, I was willing to wait til 2022's were available (even if that meant after Jan 1st).

Once the go-ahead was received Nov 1st, I was like, GAME ON.
Nothing against 2021's but being so close, I saw no point. I was willing to wait til end of 1st QT 2022 as well if that's what I had to do (most Model 3 Performances get delivered during last portion of quarters).

Reactions: BruinIvy and xPETEx
Performance boost only gets you half way to the speed of the performance. Track mode is only available on P. lowered suspension on P, bigger wheels and better tires, spoiler.

For me I want the fastest 3 I can have. And I really wanted track mode.

And if you get lightweight 18's, it's even FASTER.
Trust me, I had 18's on my 2019 M3P and it felt just amazingly faster compared to the heavy 20s

Reactions: BruinIvy
Had a 2019 LR AWD 3 — sold to CarMax
Placed an order for the exact same Model 3 LR AWD… But I kept second guessing it

Last night, I made the decision to change my order to a 2022 Model 3 Performance. There was one in inventory and now it’s en route to me! Should take delivery within 10-14 days.

Can’t wait!

Black Exterior
White Interior

It seems like all their inventory were (COLOR+ WHITE INTERIOR)
Makes me wonder if they went berserk while planning those.
No black interiors in inventory when they threw a whole bunch out there.

Reactions: KGinCO
Sweet! On hold now with Customer Service.
Ok - so I called customer service. I assume many of you have spoken with Shane. Shane is great btw, for all the lack of communication from the Denver sales team, Shane has made up for that.

I asked him about setting a Tentative delivery date and he said that its best to wait for the text as that will give you a 99% more accurate time frame of when the car is nearing the end of its Transit at your delivery center.

He said my vehicle is listed in transit currently, but it has not left california at this time.

So more than likely i will take delivery by 11/17-11/21 based on how its going. Even though my EDD says 11/13 - 11/17

info:
Ordered 10/25
VIN Received
Current EDD 11/13 - 11/17
No Delivery Date text received yet
White on Black M3P
Denver CO

Reactions: KGinCO