Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone have experience adding insurance? The Tesla app asks for a “start date” that is “present”. I’m assuming this is the same as the effective date on the insurance card. However Geico always adds 12/3 as the effective date, no matter what date I put as the date of purchase.

Anyone grading from M3P 2020 to M3P 2022? Is it worth the upgrade?
I didn’t have a M3P but I’d say there’s quite a bit additional in terms of functionality and aesthetics but not so much in terms of performance. New matrix LED headlights, heat pump for cold weather improvements, chrome delete, redesigned center console and other new trim elements on the interior and the power trunk as well. On top of that if you like the Uberturbine wheels they look pretty sweet! If you can sell for most of what you paid for as a lot of people have its like moving your money into a 2022 Model which will depreciate slower than your 2020 since it’s a new model with minimal money lost, however the sticker is around 4k more than it’s lowest was back in 2020 at 55k

We have '21 MYLR with the 20" inductions. The '21 M3P I took delivery of last week has a better ride than our MYLR in my opinion. The M3P just seems to absorb everything a lot better than our MYLR. I was expecting a harsher ride with the M3P, but pleasantly surprised. It's a great car all around.
I've read that from others here. It seems the 2021 Model 3 rides a bit smoother (relatively speaking) than older ones. The difference is 2021 refresh vs older, not P vs LR.

I test drove 2021 M3LR and 2021 M3P on the same roads a few days apart, they rode very similar, M3LR was a little smoother thanks to more tire sidewall. The 2021 LR and P suspensions felt the same to me, the difference felt like it was all from wheels+tires.

Reactions: Glendale MY
Anyone grading from M3P 2020 to M3P 2022? Is it worth the upgrade?
I agree with @HarpoonS, there is no known performance benefit to 2021, just a bunch of little upgrades to all Model 3s that may or may not matter much to you.

Normally I'd say mild updates like 2021 vs 2020 is not worth upgrading, wait for bigger changes. However with the crazy used car market these days it might make a lot of sense to upgrade! Go get some offers on your car, do the math to figure out the real cost of upgrading includes new car sales tax, etc, and also consider whether you can sell the 2020 car right now (to lock in pricing before any major market changes) and be without the new car temporarily.

I think the crazy car market is here to stay for a while longer, but there's definitely risk of a quick drop in used Tesla values if the BBB act passes with big credits for new Teslas.

Received my fourth delivery change this morning.
M3P Red/Black no FSD Ohio
Original EDD: 10/29/21 - 11/26/21
Second EDD: 11/19/2021 - 12/17/2021 (Updated 10/29/2021)
Third EDD: 11/12/2021 - 11/25/2021 (Updated 10/30/2021)
Fourth EDD: 12/18/2021 - 12/31/2021 (Updated 11/20/2021)

Reactions: jose3030
Update -- delivery scheduled for 11/20.

Just over a month from order to delivery and got the order in just before the most recent price hike. So far, pretty happy with how quick it's gone -- I know other models are already on backorder well into 2022.

Should be a fun Thanksgiving with a new M3P to drive around town!

Update -- took delivery today and my new M3P is at her new home! Just about 1 month from Order Date of 10/15 to Delivery on 11/20 -- not bad given the wait times for some of the other models.

As appears to be common there were a couple of small issues that needed to be addressed immediately -- one of the exterior plastic window guards was scraped up so they replaced it, and there was a sensor issue with the front seat belt that triggered a safety restraint system fault. There is also a small paint chip at the bottom of one door that they had already noted for service at a later date. None of these are a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the scraped up plastic guard and restraint system fault really shouldn't be getting through Tesla's QC.

Other than that, it was a pretty hassle free experience and I'm already having a blast driving the M3P!

Just took delivery. All things with car are perfect. No issues so far. Panels all great fitment. No complaints. Easy peasy. Drives like a dream. Blows my previous car BMW M2 Competition out of the water.

Recap:
Ordered white/white Mp3 on 10/29
Delivery window 11/22 to 12/17
Delivered 11/20 in So Cal.

It is great to see some movement in late November, early December deliveries to the northeast. I am refreshing hourly looking for a delivery window for Paramus, NJ. I have a VIN sitting at Nov 29-Dec 5 window right now. MSM on Black, no FSD.
When did you order? I’m just outside of Philly order orderd on the 5th and picking up on the 24th B/B no Fsd. I believe they are prioritizing Colors other than the msm and white

Long time lurker first time poster.

Just ordered 11/19. On the website before submitting the deposit it had showed Estimated Delivery: December.

After submitting all my info, etc. The EDD shows

Estimated Delivery: February 18 - March 18​

Anyone know if these usually creep up? I'm in Ontario Canada.

Thanks!

• Informative