Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3P on Friday 1/14, the site said for March delivery. I got a text the following Sunday, your VIN is here, complete your pre-delivery tasks!

I got caught up in all this talk about the new Ryzen chip and gave my SA a call, she said the Ryzen chip has not been officially announced by Tesla, bla, bla, bla... So I called the SC and asked them to check the car, I got the same statement almost verbatim... So no, my car will probably not have the new Ryzen. It was built 1/10/22. Anyway, after watching the comparison video of the MY and M3 Ryzen vs Intel it made me wonder, is it really THAT slow? I've lived with my M3 SR+ for almost two years. So I went out to my garage and played with the map. The video shows a lethargic map, NOT in my M3!, I could pinch and scroll pretty fast, dare I say it's pretty snappy! WTH? Why is it portrayed so badly in that comparison video? I'm connected to a FAT wifi connection in my garage, could that be some of it? I was out driving today and did the same experiment with 3 bars LTE, same result...pretty snappy.
BTW, Netflix does load pretty slowly, but once loads it's pretty snappy. I do watch Netflix on rare occasions when dining behind the wheel.

Please understand, I get that buying the latest makes a lot of sense, future proofing is a big reason; but, would not having the new Ryzen destroy the value of this car? Will I suddenly have people inquire "does it have the new Ryzen chip?" and then walk away in disgust? It's a beautiful Model 3 Performance for goodness sake! 0-60 in 3.1s! <grin> *with 1 foot rollout* LOL!!!

Here's another odd observation, all of those Model 3's sold just months ago without the new projection headlights, are they not beautiful cars? Maybe we should wait for the new 4680 battery? You know the M3 has been out for several years, should we wait for the new model 3?
This is getting really weird.

I ordered my M3P on Friday 1/14, the site said for March delivery. I got a text the following Sunday, your VIN is here, complete your pre-delivery tasks!

I got caught up in all this talk about the new Ryzen chip and gave my SA a call, she said the Ryzen chip has not been officially announced by Tesla, bla, bla, bla... So I called the SC and asked them to check the car, I got the same statement almost verbatim... So no, my car will probably not have the new Ryzen. It was built 1/10/22. Anyway, after watching the comparison video of the MY and M3 Ryzen vs Intel it made me wonder, is it really THAT slow? I've lived with my M3 SR+ for almost two years. So I went out to my garage and played with the map. The video shows a lethargic map, NOT in my M3!, I could pinch and scroll pretty fast, dare I say it's pretty snappy! WTH? Why is it portrayed so badly in that comparison video? I'm connected to a FAT wifi connection in my garage, could that be some of it? I was out driving today and did the same experiment with 3 bars LTE, same result...pretty snappy.
BTW, Netflix does load pretty slowly, but once loads it's pretty snappy. I do watch Netflix on rare occasions when dining behind the wheel.

Please understand, I get that buying the latest makes a lot of sense, future proofing is a big reason; but, would not having the new Ryzen destroy the value of this car? Will I suddenly have people inquire "does it have the new Ryzen chip?" and then walk away in disgust? It's a beautiful Model 3 Performance for goodness sake! 0-60 in 3.1s! <grin> *with 1 foot rollout* LOL!!!

Here's another odd observation, all of those Model 3's sold just months ago without the new projection headlights, are they not beautiful cars? Maybe we should wait for the new 4680 battery? You know the M3 has been out for several years, should we wait for the new model 3?
This is getting really weird.
How did you get so lucky to get VIN already 😏

Changed order from M3LR to M3P on 1/19 (I assume this reset my place in line)
Initial EDD 2/18 - 3/18
1/20: “TBD”
1/21: 2/4 - 2/17

M3P/White/Black/No FSD

Getting closer. Hopefully it doesn’t get pushed back

My MY2020 LR screen seemed plenty fast. I’m all about the tech, but I’m not rejecting unless it’s massively jacked up
I guess for me if I knew it could be retrofitted down the line, I’d be less concerned. The atom might be fine today, but I plan to keep this car for at least 5-6 years, I’d rather not have the infotainment outdated on day 1. The lithium battery I don’t care as much about.

Last edited:
Got an updated EDD of 2-4 to 3-4 today. I might try to push out the delivery to guarantee the new upgrades since I currently have a 2021 M3P and would like the new features.
Just got another update this morning of 2-4 to 2-16. I'm wondering why it keeps getting pushed up. I thought east coast deliveries would be a little later in the quarter not mid quarter. Really hoping it has the updates otherwise I'll need to pass on it.

Reactions: eakrish and nval29
Hey guys

Chiming in with my order and info from a tesla advisor:

M3P solid black, black interior, no fsd
Od: 1/15/22
Edd: 3/19-3/31
New York

Spoke an advisor today to ask if i should wait to apply for financing since im 2 months out and he said no, that the performance models are coming in sooner than the anticipated dates.

Has anyone else heard this or experienced this?
Woke up today to a new edd.
Its now changed from 3/19-3/31 to 2/25-3/25

Also my trade in updated and is showing the quote, but i cant accept it yet.

Well…woke up to an EDD pushback.

Order Date: 12/26
Original EDD: 1/15-2/12
New EDD: 1/28 - 2/23

My SA said late last week that my build date was slotted for 1/24 with pickup in the Dallas area on 2/6 or 2/7 so I’ll have to check with him tomorrow to see if those pieces have changes. Obviously no VIN at this time.
Update:

Latest EDD as of this morning went from 1/28-2/23 to 2/2-2/14. Order date was 12/26 - M3P, MSM, Black, No FSD. Seems to be tracking exactly as my SA indicated. He is showing the car arriving in DFW on the 4th or 5th with a pick up date of 2/6 or 2/7. I am expecting a VIN within the next few days based on that timing.