Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that makes perfect sense to me. I said this earlier but people who hold clearly have the time to wait so why not put them at the back of the line? I can definitely understand the logistical issues. I really hope you're right though, my patience runs thin hahaha.
I hear ya. I was ready to throw in the towel last week but then I came down with COVID which bought me some time. As for holds, I can also see how Tesla‘s business model also makes it difficult for those that want a car but don’t necessarily need it right away so they order based on the Estimated Delivery Month only to find out weeks later that their car is coming sooner. It definitely cuts both ways. Sucks though. I was even at the point of trying to convince my wife to let me buy a Model S Long Range that became available but she wasn’t having it. Lol!

Now that my order was delayed I went and test drove a M3P finally. Wow, it’s really a different car. I also think the 20 inch wheel / tire are less harsh than the 18 of the M3LR.

Now the problem , I’m second guessing my choice for a white interior. I think the black actually looks better quality.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I was also looking at used Model 3 inventory and there are a number of 2022s with almost no miles sitting on regular dealer lots for sale. They are essentially taking advantage of the supply/demand imbalance and marking up brand new cars that should be going directly to consumers instead. This is the same BS that happens with Porsches and other high-end sports cars that are in high demand. Extremely irritating but it appears most are SR +. Models and a few Long Range and no Performance models.

Now that my order was delayed I went and test drove a M3P finally. Wow, it’s really a different car. I also think the 20 inch wheel / tire are less harsh than the 18 of the M3LR.

Now the problem , I’m second guessing my choice for a white interior. I think the black actually looks better quality.
For me personally, it's the lack of the white door panel sections that kills the white interior for me. Just makes it feel like a a quick and dirty aftermarket swap rather than an OEM integrated interior. The white interior on the S/X/Y looks much better to me.

For me personally, it's the lack of the white door panel sections that kills the white interior for me. Just makes it feel like a a quick and dirty aftermarket swap rather than an OEM integrated interior. The white interior on the S/X/Y looks much better to me.
I really, really wanted white interior but had to be realistic about how I’m using the car and decided that white would get destroyed.

Interesting I sat in a white interior Y today and didn’t like the white inlay on the door either. The material after looking for some time just didn’t feel the same build / quality level. Definitely felt kit / aftermarket like you said.

Long story short I switched to the black. Now I wait 😅

• Love

Wife also agreed the performance road nicer than the long range. So there you have it 😂

OD 11/14 M3 LR AWD MSM 18" Aero White Int
ID Delivery

Initial Window: Feb?
In December, window become Jan 8 - Feb 5
1/8: 1/8 - 2/5
1/9: 2/4 - 3/5
1/12: Changed to M3P MSM White
1/13: 2/4 - 3/4
1/19: 2/4 - 3/4
1/23: 2/4 - 3/4

It looks like changing to performance had no impact on my EDD.

Are M3P always coming with summer performance tires? What temperature can they be run down to? Nothing below 40?
Does deliver location have an impact on delivery for a performance? Since it's encouraged not to drive the tires in colder temps it seems, would that also impact delivery?

God dammit another EDD push, March 11-31. OD 12/11. My job starts in March and I don't have a car. I'm so screwed what do I do?

im about to be in your position. im selling my 2020 m3p sometime this week. my estimated date range right now after placing an order on jan 19 is feb 20 to march 20. i will have to eat the cost of renting a car and just taking vacation time to make it work.

As far as I know all the M3Ps are only summer P-zeros these days (previously summer Michelin PS4).

i LOVE the michelin ps4s which are on my 2020 m3p. so no more michellines eh? i hope these p zeroes are better than their name because the ps4s are AWESOME! the grip they provide is really top shelf.

Reactions: ProLeopard
Picked up my MSM on black yesterday in Ontario at the SS. Car was flawless. Zero paint or panel issues. Pickup took 10 minutes and was simple. Car came 43 days after order after several Edd pushbacks and move ups. Has intel but processor seems fast. Zero lag on maps or anything else. Netflix takes 10 seconds to load but watching is smooth as can be (I think the side by side videos are not doing the intel justice. That’s my 24 hour opinion). Very happy overall. Oh and it’s FAST

Good luck to everyone waiting still.
My experience exactly!

Reactions: M3PCanada
im about to be in your position. im selling my 2020 m3p sometime this week. my estimated date range right now after placing an order on jan 19 is feb 20 to march 20. i will have to eat the cost of renting a car and just taking vacation time to make it work.

You’re doing a little better than me, I ordered my M3P on Jan 15 and have a date range of Mar 8 to Mar 31 delivered to Lynnwood WA

i LOVE the michelin ps4s which are on my 2020 m3p. so no more michellines eh? i hope these p zeroes are better than their name because the ps4s are AWESOME! the grip they provide is really top shelf.
P-zeros are okay, but PS4S are pretty much the best summer tires money can buy. I'll probably change to those when my p-zeros wear out