Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i literally just drove the black one at Mt Kisco. The black car has ~850 miles on it, and they were only going to discount it $250. The wheels are curbed and has been connected to at least 15 different phones, so not for me, at least not at only a $250 discount. Black car was not sold, so that is why they let me drive it.

They did tell me that there is a red one with black interior in Boston, with ~600 miles on it. Same thing, only $250 discount, so I will just wait.

Just for giggles, i asked if they have any other info other then what i have access to. The SA i spoke with said without a vin, they do not have any more info then i have via the app. She did say historically, some cars come before the EDD and some cars come after, literally a 50/50 roll of the dice.

She was actually shocked that i did not have my car yet, so we plugged my info into the system, and I am up to date on tasks, so I am back to the waiting game... 😢

There was a girl picking up her MSM Plaid. oof... that car is redonkulous. Looks absolutely gorgeous in MSM. I told her i was jealous of the car, and then said good luck with it. She asked me which car I ordered, and I said M3P "the poor man's plaid"... She didn't even know what a M3 was... said she ordered a Plaid because someone said to her that is the "best" car Tesla makes...

The waiting game is so tough, although I am only 10 days in so should shut up - agree on the $250 not being enough of a discount.

Saw a Model S Plaid in the wild last week, white, crazy how freaking nice that thing is and 0-60 in 1.99 seconds? Pretty sure that would hurt my back 🤣

Further updates from today:

M3P, White Exterior, Black Interior, no FSD, Los Angeles

2/19: Ordered LR, EDD March 2022
2/20: EDD May 15 - June 12
2/20: Switched to M3P, EDD remains May 15 - June 12
2/25: EDD April 19 - May 17
3/15: EDD March 18 - March 27
3/15: Received VIN and EDD changed to March 16 - March 22

Called Tesla to switch to self-finance and filled out that info, and also uploaded my proof of insurance. Just waiting for someone to contact me about an appointment date.

I'm not sure. I consider this a pretty substantial increase so it changes the urgency. Now I'm of the mindset if that I'm going to pay $4500 more I may as well wait as long as possible in hopes of receiving most of the 2022 upgrades to make it worth it. I'm not exactly in a rush as long as I get the car before winter. Not the end of the world but I am kicking myself today. :)
May I ask what specific upgrades you are waiting for on the Model 3?

May I ask what specific upgrades you are waiting for on the Model 3?
He is waiting for teleport mode... 🤣
have you guys heard of tesla matching interest rates? Im approved on a 1.89% through a local credit union.
Tesla uses multiple banks, and according to multiple SA's, their rates are non negotiable.

My local CU has rates that are similiar, so barring no explosions, i will just get the financing locally.

have you guys heard of tesla matching interest rates? Im approved on a 1.89% through a local credit union.
They ended their rate matching program in October 2021.

787852-E7-B54-F-458-A-8-BCB-A36-FC9-F8-A2-DC.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
I’m selling my STI and considered doing it now due to the prices I’ve been getting but don‘t want to be stuck without a car. I have my motorcycles but not the best for groceries haha.
I am in that situation right now lol. I have a 2022 Yamaha R7 that I am using as a commuter until I got my M3P. I bought my Hellcat back in 2017 for around $49k used. Sold it to Shift for $54k last week.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
The waiting game is so tough, although I am only 10 days in so should shut up - agree on the $250 not being enough of a discount.

Saw a Model S Plaid in the wild last week, white, crazy how freaking nice that thing is and 0-60 in 1.99 seconds? Pretty sure that would hurt my back 🤣
I watched a Youtube review (Edmunds) of the Plaid a while ago and the guy had to take a break after a couple of acceleration blasts because he was nauseous, like what happens to some people after a roller coaster ride. He literally had to get out of the car and sit on the pavement against a wall until he was feeling well enough to continue. His verdict: nobody needs that type of acceleration, the Plaid's a waste of money. He's full of crap.