Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the reddit threads I have followed on the subject, there are comments referencing actual deliveries in the same thread that disprove these theories.

The reddit posts that claim that estimated delivery dates change on the site if you option FSD can be disproven just by going and doing your own build right now. I built this M3P to the same specs as mine. The only difference between three two is optioning FSD. Delivery date doesn't change.

View attachment 785421View attachment 785422

All this said, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe someone can show two models with the same specs ordered a month or two apart, where the later had FSD and the former didn't, thus resulting in a month or two delivery delay of the non-FSD model.

If that is the case, anyone out there: feel free to spend $12k to be a beta tester and cut the line and prove me wrong. 👍🏻
It may be car/trim/region specific. I just tried it with a Model Y and here is the result
1865139B-A910-48FF-AEBD-604F3F460AAC.png
FB97472E-B21A-4F7C-B956-109200C76B9A.png

Just registered after lurking, thought I'd add my details.

M3P White exterior, white interior, no FSD
SF Bay Area - said I'd pick up from Fremont

OD: 03/04
First EDD: April
Second EDD (a day later): May 29 - June 26
Third EDD (current): April 24 - May 22

I still have my BMW lease that ends in April, waiting to sell it to Autonation. Should probably do that soon before interest rates tank the used car market, if that happens.

Reactions: jessepotter
I'm turning 40 this year also, and my wife and I will be celebrating 17 years of marriage in July. This M3P that I've ordered is going to be hers. She also has a 2022 Yukon XL. Meanwhile, "my" cars are a 2006 Acura with 294k miles and a 2005 4Runner with 150k miles. 😂 Happy wife, happy life.
He tried so hard to get ride of my minivan and get a model Y but want to keep his 2014 nissan LEAF. So I told him it doesn't make sense to have 2 EV. And I love my minivan. End up he picked M3P and I can keep my minivan but he is working from home so both car will be mine. Happy wife happy life it is 😆

Reactions: cpayne5
Kafairkom said:
Order on 02/26 because EED will be March
It will be for Husband 40th birthday and our 10th anniversary by end of April but one and only update EDD is May 10-Jun 7. Hope to get sometime in April 🤞

M3P White /Black no FSD. Charlotte NC
OD : 02/26
EDD : March
EDD : May 10- June 7 (02/27)

I turned 40 last year and my wife and I just celebrated 10 years married. Thanks for giving me more excuses to buy a performance model Tesla!
He actually want Corvette but sorry daddy you have 2 little kids... M3P can fix it 😆

Website estimate delivery dates have changed. Now for performance it's June-Aug instead of a single month May.
The Tesla demand has really been picking up which I guess has also been seen in the stock price recently. I have been using Carvanna as a reference and a month ago they had close to 800 model 3's. Every day they seem to sell more than they can buy and they are currently under 400 and most show "Purchase in progress".

Have you guys looked at mats yet? Just ordered all weather mats from Tesla since they are back in stock but I just stumbled on tesmanian mats and they look pretty good, similar style, more coverage, better price tag. Part of me still wants the Tesla ones due to the brand name but I’m trying to convince myself to go with these lol

Reactions: Desiberius
Have you guys looked at mats yet? Just ordered all weather mats from Tesla since they are back in stock but I just stumbled on tesmanian mats and they look pretty good, similar style, more coverage, better price tag. Part of me still wants the Tesla ones due to the brand name but I’m trying to convince myself to go with these lol
You just made me look at mats and I looked at both of your options, the tesmanian mats look great, the tesla ones don't even have the branding so there is no reason to go for them. I will bookmark the tesmanian mats.

For me, mats are mats as long as they fit and don't look terrible. I purchased a generic Chinese knockoff of the 3D spider mats for cheap. They look good and hopefully fit well.

Does anyone have images comparing the 2022 vs 2021 ride height/suspension change?
There was another thread about the ride height differences, where one guy was fighting with Tesla service about his M3P being taller blah blah.... my take from the entire thread is basically some cars (various years) are a 1/4 to 3/8 lower. That is essentially no difference worth noting, so I moved on.

If i want the car lower, I will buy aftermarket coilovers and lower/scale it. Till then, I am sure it will be good nuff'.

Rhode Island
M3P Red/Black, no FSD

OD: 3/4: EDD April
3/5 EDD: Apr 30-May 28
3/19 EDD: Apr 5-May 3
3/25 EDD: Apr 4 – June 4

From 1 month window Tesla just changed delivery to 2 months window, not cool
That is Tesla MO. Promise earlier delivery, and keep pushing the EDD out...

That might not always have been the case, but in the past year demand has increased massively. So, the software ropes you in with an earlier promise... Meh, it is what it is.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Have you guys looked at mats yet?
I like a soft compound floor mat, or even carpet ones. The cheaper ones are harder plastic, and my feet/heel slide around in cold/wet weather. That is annoying to say the least.

I have had good luck with the Husky's in the past, but nobody seems to mention them in this forum. Seems like all boutique manufacturers for the Tesla. I will tackle this after i get the car....

Reactions: Desiberius
Rhode Island
M3P Red/Black, no FSD

OD: 3/4: EDD April
3/5 EDD: Apr 30-May 28
3/19 EDD: Apr 5-May 3
3/25 EDD: Apr 4 – June 4
3/25 EDD: Apr 30 – June 4

Wow, Tesla just changed ETA for the second time today, within an hour, pushing me back a month, really really not cool.
Try not to Fret, looks like your on par with rest of us in NE…

M3P | MSM | Black | no FSD | Mt. Kisco delivery
OD: 3/3/22
3/3: EDD April 2022
3/4: EDD May 13 - June 10
3/22: April 30 - June 4

Reactions: Rodney!