Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really happy for you, but it would make no sense delivering your car without mine being on that truck as well.

I ordered the same configuration two days before you and delivering to Atlanta.

Fingers crossed.
I’m with you— it makes no sense to me at all why the two cars wouldn’t basically be in sync through the whole process. I’m hoping yours updates soon, too!

When I ordered mine, they said home delivery was not available, although I'm only 25 mins away from the factory. I opted for Fremont pickup. I'd actually prefer that, rather than trusting their SAs to deliver it properly :)
Same here, pickup at factory was the only option. I kinda liked the idea. There's a showroom at the factory.

Unfortunately I don't think they let you drive it off the line, but I might try if they don't assign a VIN soon. 😏

Also, +1 on February 14.

Side note: the lot was very full this morning, so maybe things are moving again. Looked like a lot of MYs though.

22 Feb here with a 26 Apr-24 May EDD. No VIN and my EDD hasn’t changed in 8 weeks.

I am on vacation 6-10 May and 26-31 May so I’m SURE I’ll get hit on one of those……
We ordered on 02/26 and got a lot of new EDD recently. It has been 2 weeks gap for last couple time. Now it changed from mid April to mid May and we will be out of town 3rd week of June but we wish we will get it before that. 🤞

I wonder how many people here would have ordered knowing this process would take 3-4 months instead of the EDD we were given at the time we placed our order.

For me, I'm not in a hurry to get another car. I'm keeping the car I drive right now, just wanting a more practical daily driver. The delay doesn't hurt me in any way other than my nerves.

It just sucks being told one thing when there is no way they could have kept that promise. As I said previously, the EDD at order should be a worst-case scenario and then pleasantly surprise the customer if it comes sooner. As it is, it's a blatant bait-and-switch and should be illegal.

6dnvdc.jpg

I wonder how many people here would have ordered knowing this process would take 3-4 months instead of the EDD we were given at the time we placed our order.

For me, I'm not in a hurry to get another car. I'm keeping the car I drive right now, just wanting a more practical daily driver. The delay doesn't hurt me in any way other than my nerves.

It just sucks being told one thing when there is no way they could have kept that promise. As I said previously, the EDD at order should be a worst-case scenario and then pleasantly surprise the customer if it comes sooner. As it is, it's a blatant bait-and-switch and should be illegal.

View attachment 796960
Yeah when I ordered the site said April or May. I ordered based on that.