Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty confident that part is the Charger ECU.
Yeah, it's all starting to add up.

I called today to get a status update. My VIN is fully built and out of the factory, but needs to finish "final inspection" and preparation for delivery. Even though the car is built, my delivery window opened today, and I live in Fremont...the SA said it'll probably be another week. Really? They are short parts required for final delivery.

They have a few thousand cars built based on VINs, but are struggling to actually deliver any. They must be expecting a bunch of chargers to arrive soon, and they'll overnight them around the country to complete orders.

Reactions: Sheefo2k
Yeah, it's all starting to add up.

I called today to get a status update. My VIN is fully built and out of the factory, but needs to finish "final inspection" and preparation for delivery. Even though the car is built, my delivery window opened today, and I live in Fremont...the SA said it'll probably be another week. Really? They are short parts required for final delivery.

They have a few thousand cars built based on VINs, but are struggling to actually deliver any. They must be expecting a bunch of chargers to arrive soon, and they'll overnight them around the country to complete orders.
What's your delivery window?

Its really important to look at the fine print and see what those estimates are based on. Per the Tesla website:
"We've assumed a fuel economy of 28 miles per gallon for a comparable gasoline powered sedan. We've also assumed the national average of $0.13 per kilowatt-hour for electricity, 10% charging on Tesla’s Supercharger network and $2.85 per gallon for premium gasoline over the next six years."

They have a little calculator you can use. If I plug numbers relevant to me (easy because my car gets almost exactly 28mpg) of 12k miles a year at $4.69/gal it comes out to $9,800 in savings. However, their calculator assumes $0.13/kwh but in my state super off peak charging is only $0.06. And I don't plan on ever needing to use a supercharger so my number is even better, and youre may be too.

If you want to run your own numbers go to the configuration page and click the "learn more" button right after the Performance option.

EDIT: This site also has a calculator you can use that has a lot more flexibility in how you do your calculations. Electric Vehicle Savings Calculator | ChargEVC

That's a cool site, thanks for sharing it, using the New jersey average of 0.15 Kwh used as an example It's calculating ~$9581 year savings, that's pretty neat

firefox_5wzkjklAC8.png

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney! and RuTang
New to this forum. But based in Bay Area near Fremont. OD was 2/22. M3P W/W/No FSD. Got VIN on 4/25. EDD immediately after was 4/26-5/1 then changed next day to 4/27-5/2. Next day there was delivery date scheduled for 5/25. I didn't get a choice for the delivery date or asked. It was just scheduled. Is that normal? They also picked delivery at different bay area pickup and when I had originally asked for Fremont pickup. Not a big deal I am still between both. Is that normal as well? When I called they said the car already left the factory and has to be picked up at assigned location. If I want Fremont, I have to give up VIN. Strange thing is that "why is delivery a month away if car is already there." I wonder if they are waiting for the mystery missing part (charger port) or mobile charger. Oh well I can wait because I waited this long. BTW when I ordered in Feb, like many did so based on march delivery. Hang in there everyone!

New to this forum. But based in Bay Area near Fremont. OD was 2/22. M3P W/W/No FSD. Got VIN on 4/25. EDD immediately after was 4/26-5/1 then changed next day to 4/27-5/2. Next day there was delivery date scheduled for 5/25. I didn't get a choice for the delivery date or asked. It was just scheduled. Is that normal? They also picked delivery at different bay area pickup and when I had originally asked for Fremont pickup. Not a big deal I am still between both. Is that normal as well? When I called they said the car already left the factory and has to be picked up at assigned location. If I want Fremont, I have to give up VIN. Strange thing is that "why is delivery a month away if car is already there." I wonder if they are waiting for the mystery missing part (charger port) or mobile charger. Oh well I can wait because I waited this long. BTW when I ordered in Feb, like many did so based on march delivery. Hang in there everyone!
Woah, that's crazy. I don't care where I pick up the car, but if they push it out another three weeks, I'm going to flip my lid.

But, more evidence that they are missing something that can be "installed" outside the factory. It sounds like they have to start sending cars just to get them out of Fremont.

If it's the Mobile Connector, give me an option to take the car now, toss in some supercharger credits, and ship me the charger later.

FYI All,
The Mobile Connector and UMC prices have all dropped. You can now also select them from the car configurator as options.
Thanks for the info! I just looked, and here is a screenshot of a new car order:
Screenshot_20220429-070522_Chrome.jpg

Is the wall connector the mobile charger just with the non removable 240 volt plug end?

The wall connector is not the home charger, correct? The one that the price was recently reduced to $500 from $550?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I just looked, and here is a screenshot of a new car order:
View attachment 798752

Is the wall connector the mobile charger just with the non removable 240 volt plug end?

The wall connector is not the home charger, correct? The one that the price was recently reduced to $500 from $550?
The wall connector is the big white unit that is hardwired at your house.

The unit with the non removable 14-50 end is the Corded Mobile Charger.

The wall connector is the big white unit that is hardwired at your house.

The unit with the non removable 14-50 end is the Corded Mobile Charger.
Got it, thanks!

Bitter sweet though... Although most of us are grandfathered in with the mobile charger, the wall charger has been reduced $150 in the last month. I would have absolutely taken that option, rather then spend the $600 i did for the home charger... 🤯🤔🤕

View attachment 798752

Damn I just ordered the wall charger a few days at the higher price.