Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a good note, majority of us will take the hit with 0.5% rate hike from the Fed today and that will be it.

But majority of people with lower trims or with long EDDs like potential Model X and Model S owners will most likely be taking a hit on multiple rate hikes set by the Fed throughout the year. So while it definitely sucks still, we will appreciate being able to find a sub 3% with 60/72 month financing soon enough.

If it's stressing you out that much, just do it.

Good luck with the dealer. We couldn't find the car we wanted for my wife without waiting months from both Lexus and Audi. I was kicking tires on getting a Mach-E from Ford and they couldn't give me an accurate delivery window either. They completely removed the ordering process now as well. Can't find a ID.4. or the Hyundai EV6 as well. What kind of car are you going to just walk into a dealership and be gone in an hour these days?
Same here. Was so ready to buy an Ioniq5 but got tired of dealers dicking me around with random packages and arbitrary markups. Reason why I went back to Tesla. Price is set for everyone. Click and wait. 2 more weeks for me ... I hate dealers so much

Same here. Was so ready to buy an Ioniq5 but got tired of dealers dicking me around with random packages and arbitrary markups. Reason why I went back to Tesla. Price is set for everyone. Click and wait. 2 more weeks for me ... I hate dealers so much

There's also nothing really stopping dealers from doing a bait and switch. I've read online that people have placed their pre-orders and when it comes in, there's a mark up. This isn't usually the case but can you imagine waiting 6 months for a car and when it arrives, there's a markup? Not all will walk away because they waited so long.

My dealer experience is typically only good because I bought from a referral or someone I know. My last used car purchase, they didn't tell me it was missing a key until the very end! (Did not want to credit it either).

Don’t mind me, just a March 9th schmuck here.
March 4th schmuck here, no VIN. Still stuck at May 9 - June 6 EDD, after having two two week windows previously. Feels bad.

Kind of annoying, I bought the Performance because it was supposed to have the fastest delivery and I needed a vehicle ASAP to coincide with the end of my BMW lease. Now in seeing LR orders around my OD get VINs. Ah well. At this point it will be a happy surprise whenever a VIN/delivery materializes.

• Funny
Reactions: cf2111 and RuTang
Yes it's all relative. If your trading a car, like I am, it helps offset the higher costs for sure. I am in the process of shopping for a vehicle for my two teens (one is starting to drive) and the used market is nuts. Forget finding anything decent below $15K. I have decided to buy a new Kia/Hyundai at MSRP for around $20K. Then they get a brand new vehicle with a full warranty, modern safety features, good MPG, etc for about $5K more than some high mileage used car with no warranty.
I just did the same thing for my eldest the end of last year. I found a Corolla with 107k miles that they wanted $13k for. I talked to them via email and we agreed to come in to see it. When I got the buyers order at the dealership, they wanted about $2k more money and would not budge. We walked.

I then received an email (normal follow up) from the general manager and I raised hell. He agreed to honor the original price so I came back in and we finalized it. No one was happy to see me when I came back in. Not the sales person, not the sales manager, not the finance manager. They all knew they were making less money now.

It was not a pleasant experience. Even considering the fiasco here with Tesla, I never once wished Tesla service centers or factories would go up in smoke.

Reactions: Rodney!
March 4th schmuck here, no VIN. Still stuck at May 9 - June 6 EDD, after having two two week windows previously. Feels bad.

Kind of annoying, I bought the Performance because it was supposed to have the fastest delivery and I needed a vehicle ASAP to coincide with the end of my BMW lease. Now in seeing LR orders around my OD get VINs. Ah well. At this point it will be a happy surprise whenever a VIN/delivery materializes.
Yeah I’m in a similar situation. I sold my Model 3 LR RWD early March to take advantage of the increased resale value. I was told to expect my Model 3 Performance in April. Here we are into May and I’m still at a 4 week window, May 28-June 25. I’m sharing the Model Y with my wife right now but she is eager for me to get my own car again, haha.

i like the potential here. i'm hanging onto some hope here and running with it!
Wait, it gets better. Just got the “it’s time to schedule delivery” text. Wait, what? I am so not ready, wall connector is getting installed on the 12th lol. Delivery tentative for May 11th pending its arrival to the store and final inspection. So Monday was the “do you have a trade in text”, Tuesday was the “you have a VIN assigned submit proof of insurance yada yada yada” text and today was the “congratulations it’s your turn to schedule delivery” text. Was not that long ago my EDD was June to August (as of April 22).

I'm as anxious as anybody, but catching up on today's posts is depressing. Tesla is trying to give us information, which most automakers don't bother with at all. The estimated dates definitely jump around more than we'd like, and weird stuff seems to happen more than our pinhole-view of their supply and delivery chain would have us thinking it should. There's way too much unnecessary drama and hyperbole across the board, in my opinion.

The best is the California people who are like "yeah, I know you ordered a month before me, but I have WHITE SEATS (no FSD) but I'm in CA, so I should get mine before all you East Coast noobs."

Let's all just take a breath and relax. Soon we will be able to make our passengers freak the heck out with our violent acceleration, and that's the most important thing.

I'm as anxious as anybody, but catching up on today's posts is depressing. Tesla is trying to give us information, which most automakers don't bother with at all. The estimated dates definitely jump around more than we'd like, and weird stuff seems to happen more than our pinhole-view of their supply and delivery chain would have us thinking it should. There's way too much unnecessary drama and hyperbole across the board, in my opinion.

The best is the California people who are like "yeah, I know you ordered a month before me, but I have WHITE SEATS (no FSD) but I'm in CA, so I should get mine before all you East Coast noobs."

Let's all just take a breath and relax. Soon we will be able to make our passengers freak the heck out with our violent acceleration, and that's the most important thing.

It reminds me of the mortgage process where people are all amped up and tense except a car (Tesla) for most people isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day when everything is resolved, we usually realize we were probably more worked up than we should have been (except some outliers who need a vehicle this second).

Kinda ironic...Tesla called right after posting this. For you guys that have a delivery date the last thing you want to see on your caller id is Tesla. My car has a faulty charging port so they can't deliver the car until May 20th when the part comes in.

M3P, Midnight Silver/Black, no FSD
Pickup location: Houston
OD: 2/12/22 (March estimate)
EDD1 (2/13): April 18 - May 16

***60 days go by

EDD2 (4/15): April 27 - May 10
EDD3 (4/20): May 5 - May 19
EDD4 (4/25): May 8 - May 12 VIN Assigned 2365xx
EDD5 (4/27) Good News! Delivery scheduled for May 6
EDD6 (5/1) Bad News! Your car is stuck at the railyard in CA and may not make it on time.
EDD7 (5/3) Good news! Your car made it to Houston and is on track for delivery May 6th
EDD8 (5/4) Bad News! Your car didn't pass inspection and we won't have the charging port part until May 20th.

Thank you for providing that information. My gut feeling, they knew all along about the charge port and these delay tactics are part of the course.

PS: I am too waiting on my car to be transported from the railyard to the service center.

Just got a phone call from Tesla delivery team. I had delivery scheduled for May 8th and they just pushed it back to May 15th.

Rhode Island
M3P Red/Black, no FSD

OD: 3/4: EDD April
4/26 VIN received
What your vin number?
I will say it again, the lack of communication and unrealistic delivery dates are ruining this experience for me.

stealing this one

fuuuuuuck-gif.800468

Reactions: RuTang
depends on how many months you want to finance for. 48/60/72 are all different. I don't think you will find anything at 2% for 72 month
Just finalized my loan this morning, and picked up a check. 72 month @ 2.14%. It was 1.89% for up to 60 months, but i wanted to have a lower monthly payment to free up funds to pay off my mortgage earlier, so i took the $400+ interest hit for a 72 month note. Works for me.

so you are paying for insurance on a vehicle you don't have?
As of tomorrow, I am paying insurance for a car I won't have for ~5 days (or more, hopefully less, not more... :p) It is $938 per year, so what is 5 days of that, $12? Worth it to have it ready rather then play games with insurance on the weekend trying to get coverage in time...

I've looked at over 20 lending institutions, both banks and about 10 credit unions. DCU is the lowest rate I have found up to now. For you to say it's easy to find under 2% APRs on new loans, that's a bit misleading IMO. If it were that easy, we would have more reports of them. We don't. Delta seems to be a hard CU to get into and their rates is an outlier.
I went with SEFCU, in Albany NY. you will have to play games to get in, but once you are in, it is worth it. Their rates for up to 60 month new car recently went from 1.49% to 1.89% and for 72 months from 1.99% to 2.14%. Still significantly cheaper then most other places.

doing the same thing - cashing in on my equity. Cannot believe I am actually saying that :)
I am glad I sold my truck in late february, rather then waited for Tesla. I am sure I am $5k ahead on that deal... :)

I have had 5 reschedules since getting a VIN.
Maybe you got pushed back because nearly every post you have here on TMC is tearing Tesla up as a company? something something karma something something... o_O

Sure, I am not super excited about the way things played out, but Tesla has ridiculous demand right now, and each quarter they are doubling what the previous years output was. At that unprecedented rate, of course there will be issues, especially for a fledgling company like Tesla.

I looked at all the other EV manufacturers and came back to Tesla, mainly for it's performance for cost and their charger network. It may not be perfect, but Tesla is top dog and I can't wait to get mine....

Last edited:
it’s amazing the number of people that are willing to accept edd bait and switch , product downgrades and price increases because Tesla….

all they have to do to fix these issues is stop using the EDD and the delivery process as a sales tactic.

Last edited:
Just finalized my loan this morning, and picked up a check. 72 month @ 2.14%. It was 1.89% for up to 60 months, but i wanted to have a lower monthly payment to free up funds to pay off my mortgage earlier, so i took the $400+ interest hit for a 72 month note. Works for me.

As of tomorrow, I am paying insurance for a car I won't have for ~5 days (or more, hopefully less, not more... :p) It is $938 per year, so what is 5 days of that, $12? Worth it to have it ready rather then play games with insurance on the weekend trying to get coverage in time...

I went with SEFCU, in Albany NY. you will have to play games to get in, but once you are in, it is worth it. Their rates for up to 60 month new car recently went from 1.49% to 1.89% and for 72 months from 1.99% to 2.14%. Still significantly cheaper then most other places.

I am glad I sold my truck in late february, rather then waited for Tesla. I am sure I am $5k ahead on that deal... :)

Maybe you got pushed back because nearly every post you have here on TMC is tearing Tesla up as a company? something something karma something something... o_O

Sure, I am not super excited about the way things played out, but Tesla has ridiculous demand right now, and each quarter they are doubling what the previous years output was. At that unprecedented rate, of course there will be issues, especially for a fledgling company like Tesla.

I looked at all the other EV manufacturers and came back to Tesla, mainly for it's performance for cost and their charger network. It may not be perfect, but Tesla is top dog and I can't wait to get mine....
Thanks Rodney. Congrats on being ALMOST all the way there and securing your financing.

With SEFCU, did you need your VIN # to lock in a rate?

edit: I don't see where I can be qualified to join.

Last edited: