Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was probably just one of the infamous phone key failures that just got you at the worst possible time. Usually opening the Tesla app, cycling Bluetooth or Airplane mode gets it going again. I can assure you it didn’t have anything to do with the cell reception.
I understand the technology should not have anything to do with each other, but i just find it odd that i had no cell and was locked out at the same time. I hope it was a one off incident.
Also, are you using an Android phone or iPhone?
I have both, but the phone key is an Android.

I have to say I am just not impressed so far with Tesla, but I truly want the car so will wait and see. I am still not 100% sure if what they are telling me is true since people like Rodney who had the exact same spec car and ordered after me already have their car from Mt Kisco. I still think there could be an issue with my car they are not telling me.
I have to say that I am sorry about your woes... I literally just spent the last 30 minutes composing a thank you letter to Mount Kisco managers thanking their entire team.

imho, the NYS inspection thing is BS, as someone who has had a NYS inspector license, it really is simplified to slapping a sticker on a new car. Dont know the story there. Makes me wonder how informed the SA team and the phone people are if/when there is an issue with a particular car.

Again, let me know when your delivery date is, and I would love to come by and go over it with you. I could bring mine and we could compare them if needed. :)

I have checked out and i4, and the Tesla still crushes it in performance/cost. But, I completely understand if you go that route. Good luck brother! :)

The one thing Tesla needs to stop doing is prompting us to go through the credit app process when we place our orders. I learned after the fact to select "cash option" then change it, but Tesla of course doesn't offer that advice. Credit approvals expire in 60 days and I don't know anyone here or elsewhere that took delivery inside of a 60 day window.

I changed mine to cash option afterwards, but I'll go to a local credit union here once I get a bonified confirmed delivery date.
yes totally, what a nightmare lols

Speaking of wheels, looking for a little help. I work in the industry and copped a set of Fifteen52 Chicanes: Chicane _ Asphalt Black

Want to throw these on immediately after delivery and potentially equip tires now but can’t find info on if they’ll clear the Performance brakes? The offset is the same… on the off chance anyone here would have knowledge on this would greatly appreciate any insight.

Speaking of wheels, looking for a little help. I work in the industry and copped a set of Fifteen52 Chicanes: Chicane _ Asphalt Black

Want to throw these on immediately after delivery and potentially equip tires now but can’t find info on if they’ll clear the Performance brakes? The offset is the same… on the off chance anyone here would have knowledge on this would greatly appreciate any insight.
Which size spec did you go with? These wheels won’t be hubcentric so they’ll need hub ring adapters. Also, the issue isn’t mainly with clearing the calipers, there‘s a 3mm step lip on the Performance wheel hub which does not play nicely with many wheels.

The wheels you’re looking at have a center bore of 73.1mm compared to the OEM 64.1mm. This should allow you to clear the stepped lip but it will still have play which should be remedied by the proper hub ring. The proper offset will be required to clear the calipers. See the links below for reference information.

I have to say that I am sorry about your woes... I literally just spent the last 30 minutes composing a thank you letter to Mount Kisco managers thanking their entire team.

imho, the NYS inspection thing is BS, as someone who has had a NYS inspector license, it really is simplified to slapping a sticker on a new car. Dont know the story there. Makes me wonder how informed the SA team and the phone people are if/when there is an issue with a particular car.

Again, let me know when your delivery date is, and I would love to come by and go over it with you. I could bring mine and we could compare them if needed. :)

I have checked out and i4, and the Tesla still crushes it in performance/cost. But, I completely understand if you go that route. Good luck brother! :)
I am glad you had a great experience at Mt Kisco. I really don't buy the NY inspection backlog story but at this point I will give them the benefit of the doubt and this coming Tuesday (17th) will make 2 weeks since my pickup date was cancelled by Mt Kisco. If I don't have something tangible by then I think it's obvious there is a real issue with my car and they are simply not telling me. I doubt there is anything I can do except deny the car if there are obvious signs of body work/repair.

i4 delivers are about 12 months right now in New England area, and frankly I don't think I want the i4. But I really like the new M3 iDrive ICE cars and you are a downpipe and tune away from smoking just about anything under $120K. They are brutally fast. But it's going to be a good $20K more than the Tesla so not sure I want to pay that much but it's the only other car that interest me right now under $90K.

It's also baffling to me how many of the LR cars from people who ordered on or after many of us M3P Feb orders who have not gotten cars are getting their cars (some of the LR deliveries right now are March orders). I think M3P getting prioritized over LR cars may only be true at the end of the quarter when Tesla is trying to maximize revenue and profit. I still would have ordered the M3P but feel sorry for some people who thought it might get you car faster. For some yes, for others no.

Reactions: 8rain
Which size spec did you go with? These wheels won’t be hubcentric so they’ll need hub ring adapters. Also, the issue isn’t mainly with clearing the calipers, there‘s a 3mm step lip on the Performance wheel hub which does not play nicely with many wheels.

The wheels you’re looking at have a center bore of 73.1mm compared to the OEM 64.1mm. This should allow you to clear the stepped lip but it will still have play which should be remedied by the proper hub ring. The proper offset will be required to clear the calipers. See the links below for reference information.

Big ups, thanks a ton.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

Did go with the 19”ers btw.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Me 3.... are we all picking up from buena park? LOL fingers crossed we get vins soon!!!!!!

Fremont for me. Fingers crossed.

It's also baffling to me how many of the LR cars from people who ordered on or after many of us M3P Feb orders who have not gotten cars are getting their cars (some of the LR deliveries right now are March orders). I think M3P getting prioritized over LR cars may only be true at the end of the quarter when Tesla is trying to maximize revenue and profit. I still would have ordered the M3P but feel sorry for some people who thought it might get you car faster. For some yes, for others no.

Pretty much why I ordered the Performance. Needed a car in April as that was when my BMW lease was ending. The day I ordered was when the delivery estimate moved from March to April, so I assumed I would have it by end of April at least. Ah well.

I been having a vin for over two weeks now. Not sure what’s going on. Every time I call they say the car has not arrived yet. What state are you in?
I'm picking up in Atlanta. They had told me my car was not even there yet as of Friday, May 6 and it had a born date of April 18th. It's certainly possible your car is still traveling considering some other stories here.

Reactions: Kare101
I just received the delivery confirmation phone call from the Roswell Tesla Center. I am still scheduled for pickup on Sunday at 4pm.

He went over the account and what was still needed. We verified I had cashiers checks for both the loan and down payment.

He then went over what to expect from the delivery experience and asked if I had any questions.

I asked if I could show up a little bit earlier to have time to look over the car prior to my appointment. I mentioned I had watched at least 200 YouTube videos about the delivery process (no hyperbole).

He seemed very taken aback by the statement and warned the more YouTube you watch, it sends you down a rabbit hole and they would rather you focus on the delivery experience and not what could possibly be wrong with the vehicle.

He also mentioned because they process so many cars in one day that my car may be in the back getting prepped if I come too early.

I let him know I understood that, but wanted a little extra time since I knew my car was affected by the missing charging port ECU. He was a little surprised I mentioned it (they must not talk with each other) and said, "Well, I guess that's no secret".