Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P, MSM/Black, No FSD, Los Angeles

O/D: 3/26
EDD1: May-Jun
EDD2: May 17-Jun 14
EDD3: Apr 19-Apr 30
EDD4: May 14-Jun 11
EDD5: Jun 2-Jul 14
EDD6: Jun 11-Jul 16
EDD7: May 17-Jun 14
EDD8(today): Jun 9-Jul 7

Quite a wild ride I'm on. At least the time frame is pushed back to after my vacation now.
Woke up to 2 week window this morning.

EDD9: Jun 7-Jun 21

Reactions: jessepotter
Got a text and automated call at 11AM yesterday confirming my delivery for 1pm today. At 1230pm, I got a text saying my car hasn't arrived and delivery is delayed for a few days. DIRTY TRICK! :mad:

Plot twist! The car arrived to the lot late last night. Now picking it up Tuesday @ 12pm.

1653319511818.png

Anyone with a similar order date as mine (3/11) and haven't received a VIN yet? (Yes, I have tried revealing it by viewing source).
I’m March 13th. No VIN even when viewing source code. I’m currently May 23-June 4th EDD on the app…

I'm also March 13th, no VIN. EDD currently May 25 - June 3 (shrunk again this morning from May 23 - June 3, was May 20 - June 3 before that). I guess I'm happy the interval keeps shrinking instead of getting pushed further out, but c'mon VIN me you cowards!

Reactions: Not That M3
Reactions: Lindenwood
I'm also March 13th, no VIN. EDD currently May 25 - June 3 (shrunk again this morning from May 23 - June 3, was May 20 - June 3 before that). I guess I'm happy the interval keeps shrinking instead of getting pushed further out, but c'mon VIN me you cowards!
That’s getting to be a tight window with no VIN. I was hoping to get a VIN before I got to the window. Hopefully we are getting close.

Took delivery on my Red/White M3P yesterday in baldwin park, there was a rock chip on my passenger side fender and now i need to bring it into a service center to repair. outside of that the build quality and fitment looked pretty good. Only a few minor things need to be adjusted.

1. Hood was slightly to the left so theres a larger gap on the right
2. window trim on my passenger side was slightly higher and slightly uneven.

Other than those two minor things and the rock chip overall the car was pretty good.

There was some dust/dirt that got caught under the paint in my driver side door so idk if I can fix that but overall im pretty happy with the way the car came and hopefully they do a good repair on the rock chip. However just a fair warning the earliest appointment for a tesla service center i was able to get was june 9th. I'm just gonna PPF/Ceramic coat the rest of the car and get my fender repaired and then PPF that after.

Took delivery on my Red/White M3P yesterday in baldwin park, there was a rock chip on my passenger side fender and now i need to bring it into a service center to repair. outside of that the build quality and fitment looked pretty good. Only a few minor things need to be adjusted.

1. Hood was slightly to the left so theres a larger gap on the right
2. window trim on my passenger side was slightly higher and slightly uneven.

Other than those two minor things and the rock chip overall the car was pretty good.

There was some dust/dirt that got caught under the paint in my driver side door so idk if I can fix that but overall im pretty happy with the way the car came and hopefully they do a good repair on the rock chip. However just a fair warning the earliest appointment for a tesla service center i was able to get was june 9th. I'm just gonna PPF/Ceramic coat the rest of the car and get my fender repaired and then PPF that after.
😬 You youngsters are more tolerant of build quality issues on a $65,000 purchase than I am. The rock chip I understand is out of Tesla's control as it most likely happened in transport on Americas lovely highway system🙄

The hood, although it should have NEVER left the factory misaligned, can be adjusted. Window trim being uneven could be a difficult fix, could be hinges or the actual trim.

But........the dust/dirt under the paint for me is an immediate rejection as repaint is the only correction, and repainting a car will never ever match the factory not only in color match but texture as well, to get it close involves a TOP LEVEL paint shop and a lot of panel blending.....