Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 809514

I didn't even have to speak to anybody when I got there. Found my car, looked over the outside, accepted delivery and opened it from the app.

I am having an issue where the car doesn't lock and turn off when I walk away unless I manually power off the screen. Not sure if I have to give it some time to turn off or I have a setting wrong. May have to schedule an appointment for it
Looks great. I think I remember my 2021 M3P doing that for the first day....it stopped. Enjoy the car brother, glad it was AoK

Reactions: bchamba
Day 105 since ordering. Still waiting on Charge Port ECU.
I know you got the short end of the stick with the ECU issue. If it makes you feel any better, I've not had my car since picking it up on the 15th due to wrapping, tinting and paint issues. I'm supposed to be picking up tomorrow, though. It will be exactly 100 days for me from order to actually driving my car.

3/4 OD
In Reno.
Last EDD was 5/20-6/3, changed today to 5/21-6/3. Last time it changed it pushed both dates back a full week so this seems like an improvement.

Just got call from Tesla about whether I want to trade something in.

Am I close?
Still no VIN. Current EDD is 5/28 to 6/10 and just keeps getting pushed back 1-2 days at a time. Based on other people with later ODDs already having their cars (and my original EDD being April you'd think planning on having it by June 1st would be playing it safe) I thought for sure I'd have the car by next week so I already had a tint/ppf appointment scheduled but I had to call and cancel that.

I know you got the short end of the stick with the ECU issue. If it makes you feel any better, I've not had my car since picking it up on the 15th due to wrapping, tinting and paint issues. I'm supposed to be picking up tomorrow, though. It will be exactly 100 days for me from order to actually driving my car.
Well no that doesn't make me feel better lol

How much the the wrap running you? I'm considering it probably next year when I pick up my car 🤣

Good Morning,

I just placed my order on 5/27/22 for a Silver with black interior. Website's current delivery estimate is June-August. I completed the delivery task instructions in the app this morning and my expected delivery date is September 2 - October 14. Located in Central Valley of California, about 80 miles from the Fremont plant.

This is actually my second time going through this - I bought a SR+ a year ago that was just totaled. This time around I'm going with the performance because I love the wheels, power, and shorter delivery time!

Aaron

Good Morning,

I just placed my order on 5/27/22 for a Silver with black interior. Website's current delivery estimate is June-August. I completed the delivery task instructions in the app this morning and my expected delivery date is September 2 - October 14. Located in Central Valley of California, about 80 miles from the Fremont plant.

This is actually my second time going through this - I bought a SR+ a year ago that was just totaled. This time around I'm going with the performance because I love the wheels, power, and shorter delivery time!

Aaron
Congrats on the new order and sorry for the circumstances that led to it. Tough to see that window push out to Sept-October when the site still says June-August. Maybe your order got moved to a Q3 delivery? Hope it pulls earlier for you.

Not really related to the ordering process, but for those who are opting to have PPF installed on their car, my shop has told me that they will be removing all badges on my car (including the DUAL MOTOR, the red underline, and the hood/trunk T logos) in order to apply the PPF, after which the T logos will be reinstalled on top of the PPF. They said they don't typically reinstall the DUAL MOTOR badging because the lettering is small and usually ends up unusable after removal.

I was curious as to whether this is typical, and if so, whether I should be worried about the T badges looking the same after being reinstalled. One recourse I'm considering is just telling the shop to leave all the badges off. Any thoughts on that idea? I like that it would make cleaning the car a little easier, but would be concerned it might look weird. Another option would be to replace the badges with carbon fiber versions that match the spoiler on the trunk lid, although I can't seem to find any high quality options.

Thoughts?

Day 105 since ordering. Still waiting on Charge Port ECU.
Elon woke up

SmartSelect_20220528-113058_Tesla.jpg

Couldn't have asked for a better delivery experience to leave the waiting room here. Original order date was March 8, and took delivery May 27. I was the only customer there all morning and got to spend all the time I wanted looking around the car inside and out before signing for it, the paperwork took no time, and the staff were fantastic to deal with. Even got to get hands on with a Plaid in inventory.

After so many months of hearing mixed opinions on build quality and fears about the mobile connector not being included, etc, I went in with low expectations but the car is actually flawless. I couldn't find a single errant mm of panel gap and the interior is rock solid too- without a doubt the best dealership/service center experience I've had with any brand before.

IMG_6633.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG