Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened to me this morning as well.
M3P - Red on black, no FSD - Bay Area
OD- 4-21
Trade-in txt - 5-26
Window was 6-4 - 6-18 as of last night.
Window now 7-9 - 8-13.

Guessing some production stall or component shortage? Wonder if has to do with specific configuration (paint/interior).
ahhhhhh shoot my date is still holding but now my confidence is gone

M3P - Blue on Black, no FSD - North Seattle
OD - 4-26
Upgrade to P - 5-21
Trade in Text - 5-26
Windows
5-24 = 6/5-6/19
6-3 = 6/7-6/19

Just got a call from Tesla. Rep said that the car was still in transit, but they don't expect any hiccups for the delivery on Tuesday.

Just praying I don't become a horror story like I've seen in this thread. 🙏🏻
Hey - #teamBlue - same config here. I would think you’re in good shape since you have a VIN already two have been bumped, it seemed they were coming up to the first day of a 2-week window and didn’t have a VIN assigned…which is also the same ”boat” I’m in. So, got my fingers crossed I can get a VIN assigned in the next week or so.

Good luck on you‘re delivery and hope you can post a “graduation” pic/post here on Tuesday. See you on the streets of LA soon! 👊🏽

Reactions: t-rex266
Hoping someone has crossed this bridge already: Originally I wasn’t going to trade in my current car - but when the “Tesla” sent me that Trade-in Text, I responded and put in my VIN / Mileage. I just got the offer this morning and it’s maybe $1000-1500 lower than I hoped. I haven’t had a chance, but want to take it to Honda directly to see what they offer, too. Anyway - I get this from the Tesla: ”TESLA UPDATE - As we approach your delivery window, please confirm your trade-in as soon as possible for a smooth delivery.” And the app says their offer is good until 7/5.

But, I don’t want to accept their offer until I hear from Honda (maybe this week).

So - Do you think I’m ok to NOT respond (neither reject nor accept) to Tesla’s trade in right away? I just don’t want my 2-week window to slip any more - but that may be in the cards anyway hearing two instances already. Thanks for any advice. Anybody gone through this?

Reactions: Nda721
Hoping someone has crossed this bridge already: Originally I wasn’t going to trade in my current car - but when the “Tesla” sent me that Trade-in Text, I responded and put in my VIN / Mileage. I just got the offer this morning and it’s maybe $1000-1500 lower than I hoped. I haven’t had a chance, but want to take it to Honda directly to see what they offer, too. Anyway - I get this from the Tesla: ”TESLA UPDATE - As we approach your delivery window, please confirm your trade-in as soon as possible for a smooth delivery.” And the app says their offer is good until 7/5.

But, I don’t want to accept their offer until I hear from Honda (maybe this week).

So - Do you think I’m ok to NOT respond (neither reject nor accept) to Tesla’s trade in right away? I just don’t want my 2-week window to slip any more - but that may be in the cards anyway hearing two instances already. Thanks for any advice. Anybody gone through this?
If you live in a state where you pay less taxes when trading in a vehicle, then don't forget to factor that in.

Reactions: julit0
ahhhhhh shoot my date is still holding but now my confidence is gone

M3P - Blue on Black, no FSD - North Seattle
OD - 4-26
Upgrade to P - 5-21
Trade in Text - 5-26
Windows
5-24 = 6/5-6/19
6-3 = 6/7-6/19
Mine was blue on black with an OD of 4-23-22 in the bay area. Mine just got pushed from June 4- june 18
To two months away
July 9th to august 13th

• Disagree
Reactions: Flatbroke

I would look at carmax they were way higher then anyone else for me

Talk to your SA to confirm, but I’m pretty sure they will tell you that the trade-in status won’t effect a 2-week window. It’s really only going to matter when you get to delivery day.

I have a high credit score and the tesla financing is 2.99%. I think that is there rate period
hey guys, for the ones receiving delivery dates and VINS, did you complete the financing/payment option? I just went through a bunch of threads with conflictive messages, some SAs stating that it is not required to be complete before VIN, others saying that will hold up the process. My SA (who doesn't reply to me anymore lol) told me to wait for VIN, delivery window is less than a month now, so wondering if I should apply?

Also, for those using tesla financing, I am not sure if I will use my credit union or tesla, if I would like to know the rate tesla will offer me, will they need to do a hard inquiry on my credit? Does anyone know?
Just set it to cash. Then after you get your Vin you can call Tesla and they can switch to whatever way you actually want to pay. After I told them I wanted to finance thru a Credit Union they switched it in seconds.

Just sell it on Vroom. They will come to you and you will get a better deal than Tesla will offer.

This^.

I've sold a car to Vroom and another to Carvana. They come to you, verify the VIN/mileage, have you sign a paper, and hand you a check. No inspection or any other drama. And they always have higher offers than local dealerships or CarMax. Definitely the easiest ways I've ever sold a vehicle.

*Regarding the inspection, they are SUPPOSED to inspect the car to verify it's in the condition listed on the form you complete online but in my experience, the drivers just don't care. In the case of Vroom, the driver was just a regular tow truck guy who didn't even work directly for the company.

I got the Deep Blue Metallic...How about you?
The Performances come with Premium Interior so Carpet Floor Mats should be included. I'm sure someone here who's taken delivery can confirm.

Since, unfortunately, it doesn't rain more than a few days here in Los Angeles, I'm not going for the all-weather style floor mats.

Accessories: I got the OEM Tesla liners for the Frunk/Trunk/Trunk well. Abstract Ocean Screen Protector and Jowua Console and Arm Rest organizers and CoverCraft sunshade for the windshield. Wall Connector installed the week I ordered my car. Oh, I even got PPF pieces to fit the CA HOV decals for when I get those.
The floor mats that come with the car are junk in my opinion. They are very thin and mine started to slide around and fold. I bought the 3D maxpider and love them.