Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking the same. I am getting ceramic tint for 1300 but the PPF for the front of the car was like 3800 and i am not sure i can justify that expense in my head

Ben - Shop around your area a bit more. Those prices seem a little steep unless the shop is a known shop to you and deserves your business. I'm assuming there is a lot of competition for both ceramic tint and PPF in NorCal Alameda / Stockton area that can do the tint for $1000 and PPF for $2000 to $2500 for front clip of car. I'm weighting perception against SoCal quotes.

Reactions: julit0

Attachments

• PXL_20220606_211631788~2.jpg
    PXL_20220606_211631788~2.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 108
Ben - Shop around your area a bit more. Those prices seem a little steep unless the shop is a known shop to you and deserves your business. I'm assuming there is a lot of competition for both ceramic tint and PPF in NorCal Alameda / Stockton area that can do the tint for $1000 and PPF for $2000 to $2500 for front clip of car. I'm weighting perception against SoCal quotes.
They have done tint on three of my cars and have always been perfect. They did quote regular tint at 1,000 or ceramic at 1,300. I am thinking about shopping around for the ppf though

M3P Gray/White, no FSD
OD: June 2
Original EDD: July 18-Aug 22

When I clicked to order it said estimated delivery June-August. I'm guessing late July. I plan on leasing and trading in but have not yet started either of those processes in the Tesla app. Unless it speeds up my delivery date I will wait until the delivery date is closer.

Car is replacing my current beater which is an '05 Lexus GX470.

Reactions: finaufan
I find it ludicrous that Tesla doesn't offer the park-assist feature as a standard option with AP. All other competitors in the class offer that as a standard feature. I've been thinking Tesla will probably (at some point) end up offering Enhanced AP again for ~$5k for drivers who want things like park assist and auto-lane but have no desire for FSD. Maybe just wishful thinking... but one would think they'd get a lot more people signing up that don't want FSD though.
What's worse is that EAP is still available in China & Europe.

M3P Gray/White, no FSD
OD: June 2
Original EDD: July 18-Aug 22

When I clicked to order it said estimated delivery June-August. I'm guessing late July. I plan on leasing and trading in but have not yet started either of those processes in the Tesla app. Unless it speeds up my delivery date I will wait until the delivery date is closer.

Car is replacing my current beater which is an '05 Lexus GX470.

Same specs and order date as me. My original EDD was June-August. When I completed the steps in the app it went up to August-September. Should be interesting watching your progress.

M3P White/White, no FSD
OD: May 17th
Original EDD: June 11 - July 9
EDD2: June 15 - June 29 (5/24)
Trade In Text (6/3)
EDD3: June 17 - June 29 (6/4)
EDD4: June 20 - June 24 (6/6)
VIN received: 274***

Getting close! It's a bitter sweet feeling because my Giulia QV lease is comming to an end...
A reminder that Aventura is not a SC. It is within a mall. Your pickup location should be located under your registration details.

Hi Guys...

I just placed an order last night for my car. The online configurator showed June-August delivery when placing the order. After getting the app setup, my estimated delivery date slid back to 10/8 - 12/3. Anyone else see anything like this? Obviously, the window isn't even close to what was shown when I ordered.

M3P Blue/Black, FSD
OD: 6/7
EDD: 10/8 - 12/3

Hi Guys...

I just placed an order last night for my car. The online configurator showed June-August delivery when placing the order. After getting the app setup, my estimated delivery date slid back to 10/8 - 12/3. Anyone else see anything like this? Obviously, the window isn't even close to what was shown when I ordered.

M3P Blue/Black, FSD
OD: 6/7
EDD: 10/8 - 12/3
This seems to be the norm for new orders. When I placed my order for RWD back in 4/30, I got a similar range: October 18 - December 13. I think it just has to do with how many people are in front of you. Usually that EDD stands true and you'll get your car by that range, but anything can happen. I went through three build changes and already had a VIN and scheduled delivery for Saturday.

I am thinkingbthe same. I am getting ceramic tint for 1300 but the PPF for the front of the car was like 3800 and i am not sure i can justify that expense in my head
I’m literally doing the tint right now. Roof and windshield too. $1,100 for stratos so we’re in the same ballpark. I don’t mess with cheap tint. Ever. I’m going to do a ceramic wax but probably not PPF. If I wasn’t leasing, I think I would though