Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holding depends on your SA though the general trend seems to be they don't typically hold them for more than 3-5 days. Rumor has it there will be new guidance on this soon. Until then youre somewhat at the mercy of your SA.

All parties on the title need to be present along with the required documents. You won't be able to have someone pick it up for you.

VIN reassignments anecdotally have been taking from days to a few weeks. Your SA should be able to give you a better idea. Given the desire to get as many vehicles sold before the end of quarter they may be willing to work with you on the pick up date.
Thanks for the info....SA said I need to come in a few days prior too the deliver.....trade car and sign all paperwork. Then I leave a name of the person picking up the vehicle on my behalf. That person will then accept delivery of the vehicle. I have to be available via phone when the car is being signed over. My vehicle in on truck with anticipated date of 6/20, hoping it gets here earlier. They won't even let me leave it on the lot after its signed for since its end of QTR. Home delivery was not an option.

Reactions: julit0
Thanks for the info....SA said I need to come in a few days prior too the deliver.....trade car and sign all paperwork. Then I leave a name of the person picking up the vehicle on my behalf. That person will then accept delivery of the vehicle. I have to be available via phone when the car is being signed over. My vehicle in on truck with anticipated date of 6/20, hoping it gets here earlier. They won't even let me leave it on the lot after its signed for since its end of QTR. Home delivery was not an option.
Really interesting info. Good to know that could be an option for other people in the future!

me rn
1654641474577.jpeg

Heck yeah VIN assigned and EDD pushed back into this week!

OD: May 13
Original EDD: Jun - Aug
EDD2: July 3 - August 14 (5/17)
EDD3: June 6 - July 4 (5/22)
EDD4: May 31 - June 13 (5/27)
EDD5: June 5 - June 19 (6/1)
EDD6: June 12 - June 26 (6/6)
VIN Assigned EDD7: June 7 - June 11 (6/7)
Congratulations! (Im jealous). Did you get the VIN assigned via text or some other way?

Good Morning,

I just placed my order on 5/27/22 for a Silver with black interior. Website's current delivery estimate is June-August. I completed the delivery task instructions in the app this morning and my expected delivery date is September 2 - October 14. Located in Central Valley of California, about 80 miles from the Fremont plant.

This is actually my second time going through this - I bought a SR+ a year ago that was just totaled. This time around I'm going with the performance because I love the wheels, power, and shorter delivery time!

Aaron

EDD was just updated to June 9 - June 19, but no VIN yet. Looks promising!

This was me also…for weeks.. I finally broke down and said “if I don’t get the performance, I’ll regret it”. Like a good salesman told me when buying my last mountain bike: “No one ever came back to the store wishing they’d bought the cheaper bike”… 😂🤣😂🤣. I will always remember that line..

Just got my VIN today. Checked it this morning and it still was still telling me June 18-30th. Checked it today and BOOM!

Model 3 Performance | MSM | Black | No FSD | Financed | w/ Trade | CT

OD: Apr 30, 2022 | Web EDD at OD: June - Aug | 5/4: June 7-30 | 5/15: -June 15-30 5/30: June 18-30 | 6/7: VIN Received June 21-26

As expected, just received my VIN with estimated delivery date 6/21 thru 6/24. I'm not available to pickup on those dates? Trying to figure out if someone can pickup on my behalf and/ or if they can hold for a few extra days until the 6/29.
How long do I wait to be reassigned a new VIN? I ordered on 4/27/2022.
What was your configuration ? What color

what configuration?

Hoping mine comes soon too… congrats!

Reactions: gaiakai