Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any movement yet?
Of all things, I got this text today around lunch. No VIN but was damn excited. They called next after I replied along with screen shots of the App showing I completed Registration and payment. My Trade is still open and I’ve neither accepted or rejected it yet.

I missed their call! So called them back and had a nice convo. I asked if they had a VIN or build date yet, but no. She was VERY confident it would deliver somewhere in that 2week window. I know it has to go down to maybe a 10-day and 4-day window. They said to call them anytime to change payment method if I want(shifting to down payment and bank promissory note). And they were cool about me sitting on the trade offer yet. Sorry for the long answer but talking with. Real person at Tesla was a relief.

How about you?

1281C694-482D-4390-8A67-4B34507DACD6.png

Heck yeah VIN assigned and EDD pushed back into this week!

OD: May 13
Original EDD: Jun - Aug
EDD2: July 3 - August 14 (5/17)
EDD3: June 6 - July 4 (5/22)
EDD4: May 31 - June 13 (5/27)
EDD5: June 5 - June 19 (6/1)
EDD6: June 12 - June 26 (6/6)
VIN Assigned EDD7: June 7 - June 11 (6/7)
Awesome! There’s hope yet! Still waiting for a VIN.

Looks like I better hit up the credit union tomorrow!

Reactions: gaiakai
Thanks! I got it via text at around 4:30pm. Wasn't expecting it at all because I checked the app and source code a few times in the morning. The VIN still isn't showing up in the app, but it does when I open Tesla's website.
that makes sense. I got my VIN last night at about 7:30 PM but I'm on the east coast so 3 hours difference. That must be the magic time.

Reactions: gaiakai
Its really important to look at the fine print and see what those estimates are based on. Per the Tesla website:
"We've assumed a fuel economy of 28 miles per gallon for a comparable gasoline powered sedan. We've also assumed the national average of $0.13 per kilowatt-hour for electricity, 10% charging on Tesla’s Supercharger network and $2.85 per gallon for premium gasoline over the next six years."

They have a little calculator you can use. If I plug numbers relevant to me (easy because my car gets almost exactly 28mpg) of 12k miles a year at $4.69/gal it comes out to $9,800 in savings. However, their calculator assumes $0.13/kwh but in my state super off peak charging is only $0.06. And I don't plan on ever needing to use a supercharger so my number is even better, and youre may be too.

If you want to run your own numbers go to the configuration page and click the "learn more" button right after the Performance option.

EDIT: This site also has a calculator you can use that has a lot more flexibility in how you do your calculations. Electric Vehicle Savings Calculator | ChargEVC
It costs me more to drive the Tesla per mile based on that calculator. My rates for energy suck. Tier one is .31465 cents kWh and tier 2 is .39454 cents kWH. I used the estimate of $6 a gallon and 58 mpg based on what my Prius gets commuting. 100 miles round trip. I’m told the savings is in oil changes but I think the tire replacement costs will more then offset that. The Prius used 1 set of tires In 90k miles and costs about half the price of the mp3. The insurance is a lot less and their is no monthly or yearly fee for connectivity. It is however, a Prius lol.

Last edited:
Of all things, I got this text today around lunch. No VIN but was damn excited. They called next after I replied along with screen shots of the App showing I completed Registration and payment. My Trade is still open and I’ve neither accepted or rejected it yet.

I missed their call! So called them back and had a nice convo. I asked if they had a VIN or build date yet, but no. She was VERY confident it would deliver somewhere in that 2week window. I know it has to go down to maybe a 10-day and 4-day window. They said to call them anytime to change payment method if I want(shifting to down payment and bank promissory note). And they were cool about me sitting on the trade offer yet. Sorry for the long answer but talking with. Real person at Tesla was a relief.

How about you?

View attachment 814056
That is good to hear. I have not heard anything yet. Still acting like a crack head checking the app multiple times an hour. 😂

M3P, blue, black interior, no FSD

OD: 4 May 2022
EDD1: Jun-Aug 2022 (5/4/22)
My EDD guess: Oct 2022 (5/4/22)
EDD2: Jun 16-Jun 30 (6/1/22)
EDD3: Jun 18- Jun 30 (6/6/22)
EDD4: Jun 22-Jun 26 (6/7/22)
my OD was a day before yours and my EDD is the same as yours. I got my VIN last night via text. I would keep an eye on your phone today, I bet it shows up. Might not be until around 7:30 pm since you're on the east coast like me.

It seems there is an ad per day for Ubertines and generally they get no response. I’m not feeling very confident about selling them! Anyone had luck?

But I got a VIN this morning as well, it is moving much faster than I expected!

M3P MSM, black, no FSD
Knoxville, TN
OD: 28 May 2022, website EDD June-August
EDD1: Jun 29 - July 24
EDD2: June 16 - July 3
<spent too much money on wheels and coilovers :) >
Trade in Text: 7 June 2022
VIN assigned : 8 June 2022
EDD3: June 24 - June 28

Hi Guys...

I just placed an order last night for my car. The online configurator showed June-August delivery when placing the order. After getting the app setup, my estimated delivery date slid back to 10/8 - 12/3. Anyone else see anything like this? Obviously, the window isn't even close to what was shown when I ordered.

M3P Blue/Black, FSD
OD: 6/7
EDD: 10/8 - 12/3
Same thing happened to me also, but it will come back to the date range you saw before ordering. My order date was May 10th, before ordering, the EDD was June-Aug. Was pissed off after seeing it move to Sep-Dec immediately after booking. Just after few days it came back to June-July. Just a day before got my VIN and delivery between June 25-28.

I wasn't able to get in touch with my SA in time, but I figured I would just go for it and I could always cancel my order later. I didn't want to lose the vehicle. Honestly, I don't mind having to pay for FSD, it's only a little extra each month, and compared to how much I'm filling my tank every week/month I think it was worth it.
Got everything sorted out with my SA and they were able to remove FSD bringing the price down to about $65,440 after discounts. Taking delivery Friday afternoon. Couldn't be more excited!

Finally got my vin yesterday (OD 3/27) for a M3P, but the number is low on the low side (VIN 261xx). I’m seeing other people post vins in the 273 range. Does this mean I may be getting someone else’s reject? Anyone know a good way to check?

In Michigan with EDD of 6/15-6/29. Thanks for any insight!

Finally got my vin yesterday (OD 3/27) for a M3P, but the number is low on the low side (VIN 261xx). I’m seeing other people post vins in the 273 range. Does this mean I may be getting someone else’s reject? Anyone know a good way to check?

In Michigan with EDD of 6/15-6/29. Thanks for any insight!
Black/Black, no FSD, Michigan
OD: 3/22
EDD5: June 9-23
EDD6: June 15-29
No trade-in text, no VIN.
Earnestly hoping that this means I’ll get a VIN assignment soon, too. What are your specs?

Reactions: RedRocketM3P