Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my vin yesterday (OD 3/27) for a M3P, but the number is low on the low side (VIN 261xx). I’m seeing other people post vins in the 273 range. Does this mean I may be getting someone else’s reject? Anyone know a good way to check?

In Michigan with EDD of 6/15-6/29. Thanks for any insight!
My VIN is 273 and my SA told me it was built "late last night" (night of June 6). I'd guess a 261 would have been built at least a month ago. But that delay could be due to anything really. Just go over it with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery.

Reactions: GolfProGiff
My EDD still says Jun-Aug like the day I ordered it. Texted the SA a couple times telling them this was not my experience with my MY and haven't heard of anyone else in this boat. But they tell me I have done everything and I am in the Queue and this is normal. I don't really believe them, but what else can I do. Not in a huge hurry for the car, but I would rather not keep filling $100 Plus tanks of gas in my truck

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Finally got my vin yesterday (OD 3/27) for a M3P, but the number is low on the low side (VIN 261xx). I’m seeing other people post vins in the 273 range. Does this mean I may be getting someone else’s reject? Anyone know a good way to check?

My VIN is 278xxx which was received today 6/28

mine is a 275...whatever that means

Reactions: MyMYLRnw and julit0
It costs me more to drive the Tesla per mile based on that calculator. My rates for energy suck. Tier one is .31465 cents kWh and tier 2 is .39454 cents kWH. I used the estimate of $6 a gallon and 58 mpg based on what my Prius gets commuting. 100 miles round trip. I’m told the savings is in oil changes but I think the tire replacement costs will more then offset that. The Prius used 1 set of tires In 90k miles and costs about half the price of the mp3. The insurance is a lot less and their is no monthly or yearly fee for connectivity. It is however, a Prius lol.
Whoa. That is some expensive electricity (more than 5x what I'm paying in AZ). But coming from a pretty fuel efficient vehicle is certainly skewing your results as well. We know for sure the M3P will be a lot more fun to drive than the Prius!

Last edited:
M3P, blue, black interior, no FSD

OD: 4 May 2022
EDD1: Jun-Aug 2022 (5/4/22)
My EDD guess: Oct 2022 (5/4/22)
EDD2: Jun 16-Jun 30 (6/1/22)
EDD3: Jun 18- Jun 30 (6/6/22)
EDD4: Jun 22-Jun 26 (6/7/22)
This is my exact configuration and i ordered on 4-23
I think they are intentionally pushing out the bay area people since we are right next to the factory they can get us delivered right at the end of the quarter with a last minute build since if they had to ship a car built on say 6-28 it wouldn’t get delivered in the quarter

This is my exact configuration and i ordered on 4-23
I think they are intentionally pushing out the bay area people since we are right next to the factory they can get us delivered right at the end of the quarter with a last minute build since if they had to ship a car built on say 6-28 it wouldn’t get delivered in the quarter.
No doubt Tesla is working East to West on deliveries to maximize vehicles sold. Despite the longer transits to the east coast those orders seem to always end up being delivered 2-3 weeks sooner than west coast. I think youre right in that the bay area folks will probably pick theirs up right at the quarter finish line.

Whoa. That is some expensive electricity (more than 5x what I'm paying in AZ). But coming from a pretty fuel efficient vehicle is certainly skewing your results as well. We know for sure the M3P will be a lot more fun to drive than the Prius!
Any IDea what it costs to charge on the Super chargers? Maybe it will be cheaper for me? I got the kW numbers off of my latest electric bill from Pacific Gas and Electric.

Any IDea what it costs to charge on the Super chargers? Maybe it will be cheaper for me? I got the kW numbers off of my latest electric bill from Pacific Gas and Electric.
There was a price increase just last month for California superchargers. I pulled this from an article on the matter:

"peak hours will now cost $0.58 USD per kWh instead of $0.48 USD per kWh, while off-peak Supercharging (which is typically priced lower) will be billed at $0.29 USD per kWh instead of $0.24 USD per kWh."

So I guess if you charge off-peak at a SC you could save a few bucks.

Sadly, with the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant likely going offline in 2025 (there's still some debate it seems on what PG&E / CA govt are going to do) I think rates are likely to keep going up in the coming years.

EDIT: Quick thought, you might look into what other charging companies are charging like Electrify America, EVgo, Blink and others. Use plugshare.com to see whats available near you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flatbroke
Yeah, my buddy is on some system where his off peak is 18 cents and peak is 50 cents now. Problem is Peak starts around 3 or 4 pm, he doesnt have AC in his home. My home does and the AC runs from 3pm and through the night. So his plan wont work for me. I can charge at a charge point near me for 26 cents. and will probably do so as it is the cheapest option i have found so far

For those of you (without FSD) that recently picked up your car and still check this site out of habit lol.

I have a question about software. I have version 2022.11.101.6 installed. Is this the most up to date? I googled it and found a bunch of versions but not my exact one. Thanks in advance for any responses.

There was a price increase just last month for California superchargers. I pulled this from an article on the matter:

"peak hours will now cost $0.58 USD per kWh instead of $0.48 USD per kWh, while off-peak Supercharging (which is typically priced lower) will be billed at $0.29 USD per kWh instead of $0.24 USD per kWh."

So I guess if you charge off-peak at a SC you could save a few bucks.

Sadly, with the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant likely going offline in 2025 (there's still some debate it seems on what PG&E / CA govt are going to do) I think rates are likely to keep going up in the coming years.

EDIT: Quick thought, you might look into what other charging companies are charging like Electrify America, EVgo, Blink and others. Use plugshare.com to see whats available near you.
wow, Virginia pays an average rate of $11.66 cents per kWh...sunshine tax of California

Reactions: Flatbroke