Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a required charge. I asked. Even if you pick it up at the factory you still pay it unfortunately
Correct. By law. Same is true for any other carmaker in US although rates can vary. Even if picked up at the factory.

The United States government requires it. That's because destination fees get based on direct costs. These costs are above and beyond the overhead companies must incur in bringing a product to market. However, freight is not included in the MSRP, or manufacturer's suggested retail price of the vehicle.”

I talked to my SA yesterday to change my pick up location. My EDD is 6/21 -6/26. He was able to change it without altering the delivery window because he said my car was in "Early Transit Planning Stage." Interesting that you're already starting your window and you haven't gotten a text to schedule. Have you already done your financing?
Yup, everything 100% complete. I actually called to see if I could get my pick up location changed the day before yesterday. They wouldn't let me change saying that once you have a Vin you cannot change it. When I ordered the car I picked the Boise, ID location (I am about 45 mins from there), and at some point in time it reverted to Bend, OR (4-1/2 drive). I didn't notice it changed until just recently in the "registration tab". Not the end of the world, but I would rather drive 45 min to go pick it up.

Yup, everything 100% complete. I actually called to see if I could get my pick up location changed the day before yesterday. They wouldn't let me change saying that once you have a Vin you cannot change it. When I ordered the car I picked the Boise, ID location (I am about 45 mins from there), and at some point in time it reverted to Bend, OR (4-1/2 drive). I didn't notice it changed until just recently in the "registration tab". Not the end of the world, but I would rather drive 45 min to go pick it up.
yeah, who wouldn't. My original pick up location was in Frederick, MD, about 20 minutes from my house but I wanted to change it to the Tyson's Corner, VA location because it's two blocks from my office. I got my VIN two days ago so the SA said he was able to change it. You're car is probably much further in the Transit logistics plan and so they probably didn't want to alter at that point.

Quick EDD updates
(5/24ish?)EDD: Jun - Aug
(5/26)EDD: Jun 19 -Jul 17
(5/31)EDD: Jun 22 - July 6

No VIN assigned yet.

Selling old car this week to get down payment ready and getting auto loan paperwork finalized with my bank. Still telling myself it will get pushed out again, but starting to get pretty excited.

Would be pretty neat if it did show up on 22 as my birthday present to myself! 😆

My VIN got assigned yesterday!!!!

Seems like with a bunch of others here in Michigan. Looks like I am getting my birthday wish this year after all. 😁

Sold the old car yesterday and went and applied for loan at my credit union.

M3P, Blue, Black Interior, No FSD
Destination: Detroit, Mi
OD: 05/13/22
(5/13)EDD: Jun - Aug
(5/16)EDD; Jul - Sept
(5/18)EDD: Aug 3 - Sept 14
(5/20)EDD: Jun 19 - Jul 17
(06/08) VIN Assigned EDD: Jun 18 - 24

My VIN got assigned yesterday!!!!

Seems like with a bunch of others here in Michigan. Looks like I am getting my birthday wish this year after all. 😁

Sold the old car yesterday and went and applied for loan at my credit union.

M3P, Blue, Black Interior, No FSD
Destination: Detroit, Mi
OD: 05/13/22
(5/13)EDD: Jun - Aug
(5/16)EDD; Jul - Sept
(5/18)EDD: Aug 3 - Sept 14
(5/20)EDD: Jun 19 - Jul 17
(06/08) VIN Assigned EDD: Jun 18 - 24
Congrats!

I find it ludicrous that Tesla doesn't offer the park-assist feature as a standard option with AP. All other competitors in the class offer that as a standard feature. I've been thinking Tesla will probably (at some point) end up offering Enhanced AP again for ~$5k for drivers who want things like park assist and auto-lane but have no desire for FSD. Maybe just wishful thinking... but one would think they'd get a lot more people signing up that don't want FSD though.

Exactly!

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Hey guys, This will be an interesting one, I am a tesla employee ordering my fourth tesla in 4 years. Replacing my wifes Jaguar I-pace with a M3P.
OOD 5/27 RWD MSM white prem. FSD Aero
EDD 9/6-10/18
upgraded to M3P today.

Will keep you posted
EDD just updated June 22- July 5th
MSM M3P white int. FSD

What time of day is Tesla releasing vins? Certain time each day or as cars are built in real time? I ordered M3P midnight silver of 5/23 EDD is showing June 16-29 currently rep said I could possible get a vin in 7-10 days a couple days ago
I think I remember someone saying EDD updates only happen at 8am EST unless a VIN is assigned. Maybe someone else can confirm though? I'm curious too. As is my refresh finger lol

Reactions: travasky
Ugh these VIN's are driving me nuts lol! Congrats to those that are getting them though! I'm trying my best to stay positive and patient. I can't imagine what the Feb people were going through. Is anyone from Feb still waiting?
Us AZ guys are getting no love right now. Im expecting that any time now theyll figure out which cars they're sending to AZ and group them for transport. We will probably all get VINS very soon.

Reactions: julit0
What time of day is Tesla releasing vins? Certain time each day or as cars are built in real time? I ordered M3P midnight silver of 5/23 EDD is showing June 16-29 currently rep said I could possible get a vin in 7-10 days a couple days ago
I got my VIN at around 2 pm. When I asked my SA for a build date I was told "late last night." So I'd guess within 24 hours of it being built.

I think I remember someone saying EDD updates only happen at 8am EST unless a VIN is assigned. Maybe someone else can confirm though? I'm curious too. As is my refresh finger lol
I am not sure. I have checked every 30 seconds or so from 3:30 am pacific time since my last edd move and haven’t noticed anything. I am not anxious just practicing my
Page source code techniques 😂

Reactions: julit0
Just got my delivery text. Picking it up next Tuesday (6/14)
M3 Performance, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, no FSD (changed from Long Range)
OD: 4/12(Long Range)
1st: EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Long Range) (4/13)
2nd EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Upgraded to Performance on 5/12)
3rd EDD: 5/30-6/13 (5/16)
Text asking about trading in a vehicle (5/20)
4th EDD: (6/5-6/19) (5/22)
5th EDD: (5/30-6/13) (5/26)
6th EDD: (6/3-6/13) (5/31)
VIN Assigned (6/2)
7th EDD: (6/4-6/8) (6/2) 5 day Window
8th EDD: (6/8-6/12) (6/5)
9th EDD: (6/9-6/15) (6/9)
Delivery Date set for 6/14

Just got my delivery text. Picking it up next Tuesday (6/14)
M3 Performance, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, no FSD (changed from Long Range)
OD: 4/12(Long Range)
1st: EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Long Range) (4/13)
2nd EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Upgraded to Performance on 5/12)
3rd EDD: 5/30-6/13 (5/16)
Text asking about trading in a vehicle (5/20)
4th EDD: (6/5-6/19) (5/22)
5th EDD: (5/30-6/13) (5/26)
6th EDD: (6/3-6/13) (5/31)
VIN Assigned (6/2)
7th EDD: (6/4-6/8) (6/2) 5 day Window
8th EDD: (6/8-6/12) (6/5)
9th EDD: (6/9-6/15) (6/9)
Delivery Date set for 6/14
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Double0fox