Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting close and much faster than I thought it would.

M3P | Midnight Silver | Black interior | No FSD

OD: 5/14- M3P White | Black Interior
EDD #1: 6/17 - 7/15
5/27- Changed color to Midnight Silver
EDD #2 (5/31): 6/21 - 7/5
EDD #3 (6/7): 6/20 - 6/29
EDD #4 (6/7): 6/20 - 6/24 [VIN assigned -274]

Unreal, just got a text citing the car just left the factory and is in transit to my delivery center. Hoping I get a follow-up to choose delivery soon, I am shocked at how fast the updates are coming in. Will have to keep a closer eye out for EDD updates now.

In other news just got my wall charger installed today and just set it upl!

Are you set up for the full 48A?
Yep! I ended up having a 100A subpanel installed in the garage as my main panel was on the opposite side of the house (of course). I had it quoted both ways but this option is nice for expansion and made it really easy to do the direct wire install and was only $300 more. More impressive they did all in wall from panel to charger in garage os it looks clean. I have the charger about 5 feet from the garage door and can now backup to charge in the driveway or have enough room for it to reach either side of the garage behind current vehicles. Really happy with how it turned out!

Yep! I ended up having a 100A subpanel installed in the garage as my main panel was on the opposite side of the house (of course). I had it quoted both ways but this option is nice for expansion and made it really easy to do the direct wire install and was only $300 more. More impressive they did all in wall from panel to charger in garage os it looks clean. I have the charger about 5 feet from the garage door and can now backup to charge in the driveway or have enough room for it to reach either side of the garage behind current vehicles. Really happy with how it turned out!
Pretty much how I have mine set up except the subpanel. Right next to the garage door so I can charge inside or out. We had to open up the ceiling downstairs in a few spots to pull wire through. So theres some drywall repair to be done but I have another project that needs drywall as well, so no biggie. The panel and garage are on opposite ends of the house. Hurt paying for that much 6AWG wire. While we were at it we ran another set of wires for a mini-split in the garage. I had garage AC in our last house and Ive been missing it! This was a good excuse to put it in.

Pretty much how I have mine set up except the subpanel. Right next to the garage door so I can charge inside or out. We had to open up the ceiling downstairs in a few spots to pull wire through. So theres some drywall repair to be done but I have another project that needs drywall as well, so no biggie. The panel and garage are on opposite ends of the house. Hurt paying for that much 6AWG wire. While we were at it we ran another set of wires for a mini-split in the garage. I had garage AC in our last house and Ive been missing it! This was a good excuse to put it in.
I was pretty lucky with an open ceiling where my panel was located and just enough room in my hallway to a utility room to get this giant 2 gauge cable through as there was some venting and a lower ceiling in the basement (all finished) which made the run much easier. My utility room had some partial garage access near my stairs and the garage drywall never was finished with mud and tape. Pulled a few sheets down and was able to get sub panel in they could drill easily to the basement utility room and run the 6 gauge.

The mini split would be awesome, and good call running that extra run now. I should consider that as I could really use a heater in winter and would love to have air as well. I could run in the garage attic over to the other wall and be set! :)

The mini split would be awesome, and good call running that extra run now. I should consider that as I could really use a heater in winter and would love to have air as well. I could run in the garage attic over to the other wall and be set! :)
Its a game changer and you wont regret it. If you spend any appreciable amount of time in the garage it'll make things so much more comfortable. And they're not terribly expensive either. I self installed my previous unit and I spent about $700 for a 1 ton unit. This one will be a bit larger and I'm budgeting $1500.

Is everyone waiting on Tesla's chargers to come back in stock? I figure if they're back in stock in August it'll be 2023 before I get one.

I just bought a J1772 charger and adapter from Amazon for just under $400.

Also, has anyone else inquired about whether the J1772 adapters are still being included with recently built cars even though the mobile chargers aren't? My SA's answer wasn't really an answer.

Tesla page currently showing June-Aug 2022 for M3P. How reliable is the EDD?

You can read through this thread I moved your newly created thread into, as in model 3 subforum, delivery is a waiting room topic.

TL ; DR -- Not that reliable. I would write "edd" with this emphasis: "ESTIMATED delivery date"

Reactions: t-rex266