Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today!

Before tonight I had only driven a friend’s older rear wheel drive model 3 about a mile.

I thought the car looked much nicer inside and out than I was expecting, and the interior really impressed me.
I was hoping it would feel as fast as I thought it would and it certainly met expectations. I started to feel a little nauseous after multiple accelerations haha. The immediate thrust is just incredible. I will never be able to enjoy an internal combustion car again.

The car is very quiet inside. Phone calls are crystal clear both ways. The audio system is outstanding.

I couldn’t find anything wrong with my car tonight. I thought there was a big scratch on the spoiler but it turns out it was just dirt and a very helpful Tesla employee cleaned it off for me before I left. Panel gaps looked fine. I thought maybe I had a problem with the frunk but it has a double latch and I just didn’t shut it hard enough.

I test drove and considered a base Porsche Taycan a couple months ago before placing my Tesla order and I have to say that i’m so happy I went with a Tesla. I think the model three performance feels like an excellent sports car. It is much quicker than the base Taycan. It does lean during fast turns more than the Porsche did and I may consider sport coilovers but I’m not disappointed and could live with the current suspension as is.

Overall, I am thrilled with the purchase.

I did have a trade-in and they only checked the odometer to make sure it was within 1000 miles of what I had entered online. So easy.

The transaction could not have been smoother and easier and less stress-free. Buying direct from Tesla is a huge advantage over buying from any dealership.

Best of luck to everyone here. Thank you for the great conversation and help while I waited!
1654915068177.jpeg

Order Date: 4/23 Configuration: M3P, Blue/Black, No FSD Location: Dublin, CA #1 EDD: June1 - july 31st
#2 EDD: July 31- October 1
#3 EDD: June 1- June 29( May5th)
#4 EDD: June 4 - June 18 (may 25th)
Trade in text May 26th
# 5 EDD: July 9th - August 13th(June 5th)
My edd was moved back 16 days—while we were in the early part of a two week delivery window. We have already installed wall charger or I think we would cancel just because this is no way to treat a customer.