Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's average time from getting VIN to having the ability to schedule delivery?
I'll let you know today when I call them to ask ;). Just waiting to firm up my financing and insurance first before I ask.

On a side note - I've got a big box of accessories my wife has been groaning about sitting in our living room that she'll be happy to see gone.

Accessories I bought:

- 20mm Spacers for Front and Back (better handling and more aggressive look)
- Red puddle lights for the doors and footwells (doors will have tesla logo - symbol only no text)
- HANSSHOW Yoke Steering Wheel (White)
- Tesla AW Floormats
- Mats for Frunk, Trunk, and trunk storage
- White accent pieces for the center console
- Homelink (garage door opener)
- Windshield sun blocker
- Mud flaps
- Air Filter protective grill (apparently these are no bueno)
- Lifting jack pads

I also am going to schedule tint, since I am white interior I'm going to do 15% back and sides. For the windshield, I plan on doing 60%-ish, just enough to control temps inside while not reducing visibility (going to do the ceramic tint which has much better visibility regardless). I like the stealth look, and cops in California don't really seem to care much about that anyway.

Last edited:
I'll let you know today when I call them to ask ;). Just waiting to firm up my financing and insurance first before I ask.

On a side note - I've got a big box of accessories my wife has been groaning about sitting in our living room that she'll be happy to see gone.

Accessories I bought:

- 15mm Spacers for Front and Back (better handling or more aggressive look)
- Red puddle lights for the doors and footwells (doors will have tesla logo - symbol only no text)
- Tesla AW Floormats
- Windshield sun blocker
- Mud flaps
- Air Filter protective grill (you'll want one trust me, check them out if you don't know)
- Lifting jack pads

I also am going to schedule tint, since I am white interior I'm going to do 15% back and sides. For the windshield, I plan on doing 60%-ish, just enough to control temps inside while not reducing visibility (going to do the ceramic tint which has much better visibility regardless). I like the stealth look, and cops in California don't really seem to care much about that anyway.
I will say that the Air filter grill is Not recommended. There is enough evidence out there to show that it creates too much suction and sucks water into your air filter causing mold.

Accessories I bought:

- Tesla AW Floormats
- Windshield sun blocker
- Mud flaps
- Air Filter protective grill (you'll want one trust me, check them out if you don't know)
- Lifting jack pads

If you don't already have a tint spot lined up, let me know. I will be using a mobile service that has done some friends and family member's cars. They are based out of San Jose and will travel to anywhere in the South Bay Area and a bit further. ~$400 for carbon & ~$500 ceramic all the way around and in your driveway/garage. Send me a message if you want their contact info!

If you don't already have a tint spot lined up, let me know. I will be using a mobile service that has done some friends and family member's cars. They are based out of San Jose and will travel to anywhere in the South Bay Area and a bit further. ~$400 for carbon & ~$500 ceramic all the way around and in your driveway/garage. Send me a message if you want their contact info!
I’m in the Ho. Just need a car. Near SJ State a buddy wants his done too.

• Funny
Reactions: kevz
Something to be aware of on the puddle light kits: If they tap into the door wire harness Ive heard of tesla denying to replace the window regulators or diagnose window issues.
I've heard about that too - biggest problem I've seen is creating shorts in the windows. It's a simple plug-n-play though, so I've read what others say that if you need service just swap them out before just in case.

Accessories I bought:

- Tesla AW Floormats
- Windshield sun blocker
- Mud flaps
- Lifting jack pads

I thought about grabbing some spacers but I've seen so much conflicting info on what sizes work with no adjustments I got scared off.

Did you buy a Homelink mirror or the Homelink Tesla has to install?

Accessories I bought:

- Tesla AW Floormats
- Windshield sun blocker
- Mud flaps
- Lifting jack pads

Same for tint and same for all the accessories. I had to move my giant pile to the garage a week ago.

I definitely want to see before and after pictures of your 15mm spacers. Hadn’t thought about that but probably would look a little meaner. I might go that route