Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never ended up getting that call back from Tesla so I called them back. They said my car has passed all inspections and now just needs to be detailed. They were able to change my pickup to tomorrow at 4pm at Fremont. Excited!

I ended up just paying my down payment today before calling them again because I figured that would incentivize them to let me get it a day earlier if I was already prepared. I lucked out that I only ended up wasting one day of paying for insurance so that was a nice plus. This all is assuming there's nothing wrong with the car that prohibits me from taking delivery, of course. Fingers crossed.

BTW - I thought the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) was done electronically with Tesla but it turns out you have to print it, sign it, and then send it to your bank for them to authorize the loan payment and give you the documentation that Tesla requests prior to pickup. I had a little back and forth out of confusion there but ended up figuring it out so thought I'd share.
I think it depends on your bank. I only needed to send it to my bank and they are wiring the funds.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Thanks! I agree! Just need some tint. Already scheduled on Thursday. With the white interior, I’ve gotta go really dark to get the stealth look. I can’t stand seeing those M3’s out there without any tint at all. To me it looks like a rental car without it.
Yeah if I didn’t piss the owner off and still get a car I am gonna Black it out too. Roof also

Order date Apr 14. M3LR DD range 6/6 to 7/11 order switched to M3p on 5/5 white/black cash option got a DD 5/28-6/11 locked in finance on 5/19 a couple days later new DD 6/8 to 7/6 then I got a new window of 6/12 to 6/26 until yesterday morning it changed to a range of July 6 to August 10.
I have the same EDD as you, it was Aug - Sept until it switched to July 6 - Aug 10.

I ordered on 4/12, a few days prior to you and changed it to Performance model end of May. Did you order white with black interior? If so, my assumption is given our confit and our location, it MIGHT be the last few days on June for pick up.

Reactions: Flatbroke
I have the same EDD as you, it was Aug - Sept until it switched to July 6 - Aug 10.

I ordered on 4/12, a few days prior to you and changed it to Performance model end of May. Did you order white with black interior? If so, my assumption is given our confit and our location, it MIGHT be the last few days on June for pick up.
FWIW - My first two week window I got (6/11-6/25) ended up being accurate with my pickup date of 6/15.