Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just texted and asked if picking up at the factory would be faster since i am going out of town next week. We shall see if they answer
So they answered within and hour. I sent a nice text just telling them that i was going to be out of town next week. The assigned my VIN!!!!!!!!!! Delivery window now June 16 to 20!!!!!!

So they answered within and hour. I sent a nice text just telling them that i was going to be out of town next week. The assigned my VIN!!!!!!!!!! Delivery window now June 16 to 20!!!!!!
Just uploaded insurance. Remember in california you have 30 days to insure a new car. Your insurance cover the interim

I got a text from Tesla 12 minutes after my VIN text offering delivery tomorrow. I replied I wanted a Delivery Center Pickup at Marina Del Rey. In the mean time - I uploaded a current insurance card for my Honda - I think in California, they (and it said on the app) just need a current insurance card - not one with the VIN specifically. So I used what I already had. Then I called Tesla from a previous number I had spoken with them. Just booked my pickup for Friday morning. So far, Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles) has been low pressure and accommodating.

2 Interesting things:
1) The app REALLY wants you to use Plaid. I had to search for a non-existent bank several times til it finally gave me the "Exit" button...from there, you can manually input your Acct # and Routing Number for an ACH transfer of funds. This is what I will do for my down payment. I already have the promissory note ready to fill in and sign for the remainder. Tesla dude was all on board with that over the phone - and I confirmed I wanted to inspect the car first. No problem!
2) Turning on the App now, it asks you for Bluetooth access to your device - so PhoneKey action...

For what it is worth I called Tesla SA again. Don’t know what facility but the lady said since I ordered a vehicle 2 months ago it is very strong probability I will get a vehicle by the end of the month. She said they will be producing more performance models in last 2 weeks of the month.
With that said I’m not sure any of them know what’s up. The guy yesterday said i would not get it until August at earliest. I was nice to the lady also and just said I was trying to decide what I was going to do considering the recent extension. She asked for my RN number stated “ oh you ordered 2 months ago it is a strong probability You will get the vehicle this month” she looked at the loan lock and said not to worry probably within two weeks. Guess I hold tight. Diamond hands. From the looks of it it’s mr bubbles me and Wilson left