Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally making some progress. I kept getting texts and emails to schedule, or threats to cancel my order.

My questions were what if I cannot take delivery due to my current car or financing not ready. They said I can skip a delivery once and be fine. But not scheduling delivery would cancel. So I scheduled as far out as I could (next Wednesday evening) and hope that I can get everything lined up.

Teslas offer on my 2018 LR RWD with 75k miles was $34k. I have three offers at $42k, $43k, and $43k at local dealerships here I need to go get confirmed on. And get a loan going. But seems like I might be able to get this all done and ready.

What’s the best way to go about doing this since you can’t make that customization directly through Tesla? Any idea on cost?
You can just buy a complete set of tires and wheels. Lots of options out there. You can even buy official wheels from Tesla. Some people sell their LR wheels on FB marketplace and craigslist.

If you want aftermarket you can check out Tsportline.com, aftermarketev.com, and plenty of others.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Unsure of the relevance or significance this has with regard to me getting my VIN soon-ish, but I just got off the line with a gal at the main office who asked questions about a trade-in (which I do not have). Anyone have a similar experience? Does this mean my time is very soon??
Short answer is it depends. It doesn't mean a VIN is coming, for sure. More often than not it precedes a shortening of EDD. In your case your EDD is already short, so could mean theyre about to drop a VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: kevz
Finally making some progress. I kept getting texts and emails to schedule, or threats to cancel my order.

My questions were what if I cannot take delivery due to my current car or financing not ready. They said I can skip a delivery once and be fine. But not scheduling delivery would cancel. So I scheduled as far out as I could (next Wednesday evening) and hope that I can get everything lined up.

Teslas offer on my 2018 LR RWD with 75k miles was $34k. I have three offers at $42k, $43k, and $43k at local dealerships here I need to go get confirmed on. And get a loan going. But seems like I might be able to get this all done and ready.
"They we will cancel" is an automated thing. Your SC can move that around. I got a cancel text when they took away my delivery date and would not offer me a new one. Just more of the normal Tesla horrible delivery experience.

Vin assigned. I did what someone did yesterday (don't remember who) and text me SA and told him i'm in my window and will be traveling soon, can I please have an update. They said no they don't have access to assign vin's, then an hour later I received a text that my win was assigned.
Its so hard to tell if its all smoke and mirrors or just coincidence.

Short answer is it depends. It doesn't mean a VIN is coming, for sure. More often than not it precedes a shortening of EDD. In your case your EDD is already short, so could mean theyre about to drop a VIN.
Those trade in texts bring a little bit of hope. I never got one before getting a VIN, probably because I chose no on trade in on my pre-delivery tasks. I sold my RAV4 to Carvana for $22k and since then put it as down payment, since Tesla gives a pretty crappy amount.

I love that Tesla isnt smoke and mirors when it comes to prices, sitting in that awful office with the clown trying to sell you service plans (and if you didnt know that clown is usually promoted to that spot because theyre the top selling clown at the dealership). I am a supremely calm guy and polite to a fault. But so help me, that finance office makes me want to yell at people.

But ultimately there's still some smoke and mirrors with EDDs, SA's, delivery schedules, etc. Im glad I dont have to deal with the above, but the this stuff is still an issue.

We're all going to laugh a few years from now when you no longer have to wait for months or years for a Tesla order and all the rage will be about the Apple EV.
The apple EV rumor mill has been churning for over a decade now. Under Jobs I might have seen it becoming true. Apple is shifting more and more to their mobile devices. Wait a second, cars are mobile.....and also devices.....

Apple EV confirmed.

Dang it - I could've taken you up on it if I didn't already order it and it wasn't in the process of shipping. Thanks for the offer! Seems like a decent jack, I just don't have room for it.
I understand. I just saw it or would have offered sooner. The release comes down really fast so be aware. it also jacks up faster then most floor jacks so takes more pressure to raise.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Those trade in texts bring a little bit of hope. I never got one before getting a VIN, probably because I chose no on trade in on my pre-delivery tasks. I sold my RAV4 to Carvana for $22k and since then put it as down payment, since Tesla gives a pretty crappy amount.
Ahh ok, right on. I also chose no trade-in on the pre-delivery tasks in the app. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I will continue to keep y'all updated.

30C40379-0B6B-4F9E-9901-1A1B39D74430.jpeg

Glad they got my pickup issue cleared up. Hoping they say I can go get the car right now!