Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Whatever the price was for the Performance on your OD is what you're paying on delivery day. They can't charge you for today's pricing.
They told me if I changed orders to another model you pay the current price of that model. I’d call and ask or stop by and ask first @dgoodlan. But I have received conflicting info from the start from the SA’s at the store I went to. I don’t believe there was malice at all just uniformed employees.

Last edited:
They told me if I changed orders to another model you pay the current price of that model. I’d call and ask or stop by and ask first @dgoodlan. But I have received conflicting info from the start from the SA’s at the store I went to. I don’t believe there was malice at all just uniformed employees.
If you want to change your build, you should do it through here instead of asking an SA: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxx

You should see the old prices on that page and compare them with the current prices on the ordering page.

Received my VIN today with an estimated delivery date of 6/20 - 6/22. Which VIN numbers do I look at to try to determine where this slots in build date wise?
You can check the spreadsheet posted a few pages back. From what I've seen, it goes up appx 2.5 numbers per day. I received my VIN on the 7th and it's 273. Yesterday people were receiving VINs in the 299s.

My 273 had a June 6 build date. According to that spreadsheet, 298s have a build date of June 14th.

Reactions: dnstommy
Performance didn’t go up.. yet. All the rest sure did though
I might be blind but I forgot what the prices of SR/LR was before the latest change. I can understand why they are raising prices (inflation + demand), but that should probably go down when other competitors start to launch their own EVs. Chevy is electrifying the Silverado, Blazer, and Equinox, and Ford recalled their Mach-E over potential failures with the battery.

EDIT: Additionally, there are some companies like Ford that close down new orders because of incredibly high demand. Elon said he would do the same but it's still open to anyone and MY orders are hugely backed up. Had I wanted to switch from M3 to MY already, I would have ordered it right now and enjoyed my M3 until like 2024.

Last edited:
If you want to change your build, you should do it through here instead of asking an SA: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxx

You should see the old prices on that page and compare them with the current prices on the ordering page.
Thanks! I just did this and see that I would be locked in to the old pricing based on my initial order date (only $1k less than current price) but still good to know!

Reactions: windjammer99
Latest update as of 6/16:

M3P | Midnight Silver | Black interior | No FSD
OD: 5/19- M3LR
EDD #1: 9/3 - 10/4
5/24- Changed to Performance
EDD #2 (5/28): 6/19 - 7/3
EDD #3 (6/7): 6/25 - 6/29 [VIN assigned]
EDD #4 (6/13): 6/21 - 6/27
DD: 6/27/22 [Text msg arrived to schedule delivery on 6/15]. Still my first and only text from Tesla
4 weeks from order to text, nice.

Reactions: uncc03 and t-rex266
You can check the spreadsheet posted a few pages back. From what I've seen, it goes up appx 2.5 numbers per day. I received my VIN on the 7th and it's 273. Yesterday people were receiving VINs in the 299s.

My 273 had a June 6 build date. According to that spreadsheet, 298s have a build date of June 14th.
Those dates on that sheet are the dates they got their VINs - not Build Date. Build date, I believe (don't have my car til tomorrow) are stamped on the door jamb of the car to see month/year production.
So my VIN number that I just received this morning is 296XXX. I ordered on June 6th. Does the VIN make sense for a new build, or is there some possibility this is a car another customer refused to accept?
VINs are NOT sequential...don't get hung up on what you got vs a reject. You really have to sort that google sheet for orders around yours, and even filter for similar models - and I think you would find it's in the ballpark of current builds.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
So my VIN number that I just received this morning is 296XXX. I ordered on June 6th. Does the VIN make sense for a new build, or is there some possibility this is a car another customer refused to accept?
The numbers don't really align with the build date. To find your build date, you need to open the driver's door and look at the inside for the build date. That being said, I have a 296xxx and my build date is 6/2022