Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hell yeah! I got my VIN today as well (this morning) but not change to EDD or proposed DD as of yet. I spoke to SA and he advised I should hear something Mon/Tue regarding scheduling. Picking up in Sunnyvale. Grats! This is really leading me to believe Flat has some exciting news inbound!
Congrats to you as well! Hopefully this means good news to @Flatbroke and the rest of the Bay Area.

M3P / Black w/ W interior. OD 6/19/2022
Been considering M3P for a while. Gas prices forcing my hand a bit with a 140mi round trip commute to work. But didn't want to get another boring and totally sensible commuter car. Fear of gas prices/EV prices rising again. I finally pulled the trigger.
Took a while to decide on color. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the black w/ black wheels look, it seems the best choice for me. Wanted MSM but not enough contrast between performance wheels and MSM. I think I liked the black 2020 performance wheels better with the grey. May end up changing to MSM. Just wanted to get an order in.
Anyway, hoping I don't have any regrets but I guess worst case, I eat the $250 order fee.
Any recommendations for PPF/clear bra (Black car with long freeway commute) in CA bay area greatly appreciated. Or input comments from those that also went with black.

Thanks all.
I WFH and only drive for pleasure/need. So my car will always have very low mileage which will make up for any chips that I might get along the way should I choose to sell/trade-in my car. That’s why I chose not to go PPF. And right now I don’t see myself doing that for a very long time.

I just read in another thread that someone from Carlsbad, CA ordered his M3P on June 11th and took delivery on June 19th. That's just insane and Tesla really needs to make things more standard across the board. That just isn't fair for anyone who has ordered months before him.

His car came with the mobile connector, btw.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
I assume you live in tx. I’m getting same message as no delivery times available . I tried to call but no luck.
i called when i got the , no appointments available BS, i sat on hold for 20 minutes and finally got someone to schedule mine for the last day quarter. Also the person on the phone said my car was just leaving the factory when i had already gotten a text three days before saying it was on its way to Texas. hmm

I just read in another thread that someone from Carlsbad, CA ordered his M3P on June 11th and took delivery on June 19th. That's just insane and Tesla really needs to make things more standard across the board. That just isn't fair for anyone who has ordered months before him.

His car came with the mobile connector, btw.
All of the cars I assisted with delivery last week came with mobile connectors. Im not sure when thats supposed to end.

Congrats to you as well! Hopefully this means good news to @Flatbroke and the rest of the Bay Area.
When was your order placed. It could be it was before mine as Kevz was. Idk. Just trying to make sense of all of this. EDIT### i found where you ordered 2 days before me and I find a huge amount of comfort in the fact that 1 you got a Vin 2, Tesla did the right thing by giving you and Kev cars before as you both ordered before I did. I believe in doing what is right, not because its easy but because its the correct thing to do even if it makes things more difficult for me. By them giving both of you VINS it replaced faith in them as a company where I had been gradually losing it,. 3 I feel bad for the service advisors because they have to interact with the consumer, they are our only option and they are provided little data, no input and are basically a dog without any teeth,
I am OK with waiting until July or August at this point as your process has renewed my confidence in Tesla. Thank you. Thank you all for you kind words and support. I means a lot. Please keep posting pics of your cars, and the details you are having done to them. IT helps those of us keep motivated and helps us plan what we want done to ours when they finally come. I really like this group of people. I hope there is another page in this forum where the dialog can continue as our ownership experience grows. so we can share stuff we learned like the bolts in the speaker that was shared. that information is huge:!!!!

Last edited:
Hell yeah! I got my VIN today as well (this morning) but not change to EDD or proposed DD as of yet. I spoke to SA and he advised I should hear something Mon/Tue regarding scheduling. Picking up in Sunnyvale. Grats! This is really leading me to believe Flat has some exciting news inbound!
I got a schedule delivery text the day after getting the VIN. Also congrats! The LR to P move should make you very excited.

Yes indeed! Hoping to button up delivery and everything early this week!
I hope you do as well. I dont even care if I get the car this month,. I just want to be able to get the finance done before the loan expires July 17. Other then that I dont care. If I sell another Harley I wont finance at all. A word of advise to all people ordering. select cash as your payment method and do not finance until you get a VIN even if you get a 2 week window. the windows mean NOTHING, I have had 2 separate 2 week windows. there is time . I unfortunately jumped the gun,. the online finance approval took 15-30 seconds after the info was submitted. it is super fast or at least it was in my case.

I apologize if this question has been asked at nauseum, but have any M3P cars been delivered without matrix headlights? I am a convert from the LR thread, and there is ongoing concern over this topic.
Its all good bud, we are all in this together. It is all new to us and we have a lot unanswered questions that we cant really find a reliable or consistent source from the Company. answers change from SA to SA. Ask away.