Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I got the text and email to schedule delivery and, as with some others in the Austin area, there were no available slots available for appointments and to call Tesla. Of course, they were closed but when I tried this morning, I got my delivery date of 6/30. I can wait 10 days...barely! That makes it 30 days from order to delivery.
What time is your appt? I will be there delivering cars that day. what is your spec? you wont be able to miss me. big bald guy with tattoos

For those of you with the option of having your car delivered vs. picking up relatively near by, is the preference always to do the latter? If I take delivery here, I can still go through the process of doing the full inspection in my garage right? Is the only benefit if there's some possibility I reject the car at the delivery center (which would hopefully not happen)?

For those of you with the option of having your car delivered vs. picking up relatively near by, is the preference always to do the latter? If I take delivery here, I can still go through the process of doing the full inspection in my garage right? Is the only benefit if there's some possibility I reject the car at the delivery center (which would hopefully not happen)?
my two cents is that if you pick it up at the service center then youll have the opportunity to have them fix smalls things on the spot if necessary. My first M3 had a run in the paint on the drivers mirror. I took delivery and had them fix it at a later date. (those of us in 2018 waited 2yrs for our cars since 2016 reveal) my model y was home delivered and had a third row seat fabric issue, again, took delivery and made a service appointment to have it fixed. being there in person has its benefits for sure.

Reactions: julit0
Delivery/Drop-off - I don't think you'll get time to inspect it BEFORE the Tesla person leaves, or wants to leave. From what I've read, they drive it to your place and call an Uber to bring them back (if it's close I guess). They may give you 10-15 minutes I would think.

Even for me at the Delivery Center, I could only inspect the outside. My SA was hesitant on letting me in on the inside of the car until after the payment stuff was done. After looking at the outside of the car with a checklist, and not seeing any glaring panel gaps or paint issues, I went ahead and did the ACH for down payment and signed my promissory note. Went back in side and he released the car to me. I used the app to unlock, get inside, etc.

Some of it boils down to, what would it take for you to actually reject the car - knowing that you may have to wait another 3 months to Q3, and there's no guarantee the next car will be any better or worse than what you're getting in the next few hours?

Reactions: Brou
@Flatbroke did you check the app? I’m hoping you just got a vin too since we have the same config, EDD and within the same area.
I just got a text from aTesla SA Whew whooo!!!!! The Genius advised my delivery window is July to August. And to think their parents were happy as all get out when they learned to speak.

Dropped off my girl for her Tint and PPF wrap. Sucks to be giving up the car so quickly, but I know when she's done, it'll be worth it. I was really impressed with the condition of the shop. My good buddy had two of his Xs done there and they have specialized in Tesla for 3 years+. They even have a thread here in the Community. They were already washing her before I walked off the lot to go home, and got down to business. Going with 20% Suntek CeramicIR on all windows and rear (one-piece) and 80% on the windshield. Getting a full PPF wrap in regular gloss, cause I prefer the "wet" look. Two other new M3s drove up in the time I was there...happy to be 1st in. Pics later after pickup!
#teamflatbroke #teamblue

One note - there was an M3LR in the shop and they had to REMOVE all the tint. It was a lease and being turned back in. They said the customer was told by Tesla to remove it.
IMG_8915.jpeg

Last edited: