Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally picked up the M3P yesterday. It’s such a strange experience since there’s barely employees to assist if you had questions or concerns. I didn’t find any issues with the car, which was nice.

Currently got tinting scheduled, in process of scheduling installation of coilovers, will install PPF over weekend with my buddy, and placed an order for wheels.
Grats! Did you pickup at the Factory? I’m hoping I hear any day now to pickup in Sunnyvale.

Update:
1. The rattle from the front passengers side was from the fender liner. This is a fairly well known issue and took me about 2 minutes to fix with some automotive weather stripping. Lots of posts about this but I can go into detail if someone wants me to. This is so minor it should have been solved long ago with revised fender liners or attachment points for additional clips. C'mon Tesla.

2. The other day I had the drivers side airbag light come on. It happened when I got into the car and put it in drive almost immediately while the car was still in its systems check / diagnostic phase. Got out, locked it, and got back in and light is gone. Popped up again this morning. Went away after the exact same routine. No error messages at all. I scheduled a ranger appointment for next week and also called the service line. They confirmed the car has no error logs. Reading on reddit has shown this appears to be very common issue in the past few weeks and maybe specifically with the P model. Others have reported they've been told its a firmware bug. I installed new software last night and no change. This has happened a total of 3 times. Actual function of the airbags doesn't seem to be affected. Ill post back after the ranger visit. This issue goes back a few years but those cases all involved actual error messages. Usually attributed to loose connectors under the seats. The car has three sensors in the seat tied to the SRS system: two capacitive sensors used for weight measurement (to determine airbag force required) as well as a simpler occupancy sensor. If a wire is kinked or electrical noise is present this can cause a similar warning indicator but again, its usually accompanied by error messages. The seatbelt retraction mechanism also has a sensor in it that has been known to be linked. At this point I don't believe it to be mechanical given the sudden uptick in reported cases and multiple individuals being told its firmware related, myself included.

Time will tell.
Happened to me twice since pickup - the first time was actually at pick up and of course when I got someone’s attention and went back to the car it was gone haha.

Reactions: julit0
Tesla is torturous by scheduling deliveries 6 days out. Ever since I got the text to schedule my delivery, I haven't slept for crap lol. Add having a 4 year old and 6 month old on top of it, I'm barely hanging by a thread at this point. Is it Monday at 10am yet?
I know that feeling. Confirmed my delivery on a Wednesday for a Monday 11A pickup. Tesla texted me on Saturday saying vehicle isn’t here yet, but would be later Monday evening or I can pickup Tuesday at my convenience. I opted for Tuesday morning to avoid traffic. I was very polite and they thanked me for being flexible and understanding.
Tesla called me Saturday evening and said JK car is now here and I can go back to Monday delivery (Saturday was full) at 10A if I want it. I could barely sleep lol

I still think its too much money. I was hoping it would be less, and do not see the value for me and my money.
LOL, I agree but my wife wants the parking thing and the summons. she probably wont ever use either but I am not afraid to say it in front of every one here now and those to come, She is the boss of me LOL. I figure its a great trade for all the Laundry, Lunches, Dinners and numerous other things she has done for our children and myself over the last 30 year of Marriage.

I am also one that bought a 2018 with no autopilot. Then they got rid of EAP. Then they added basic autopilot for $3k, which I bought. And then Tesla discounted it two weeks later by $1k.

I am not going to be disappointed in my patience again.
That is good info, lucky for me I don't have a car yet and have time to see what plays out. Maybe that is the silver lining and i can stop shoveling in the room looking for a horse.

Reactions: julit0