Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't beat spring and summer in VT. I am originally from Florida. Its 89 at 9AM there now. And its not even August yet!

The people of VT are really really nice. Everyone lets everyone else be who they want and do what they want. Its a lot different that America as a whole right now.
Beautiful state. My Aunt & Uncle owned a country inn in Wilmington and I lived up the road in West Dover by Mount Snow for a few years. Great people there!!

Reactions: dnstommy
In typical Tesla fashion, my delivery got delayed until tomorrow at 5 pm due to the truck having mechanical issues. Not shocked but slightly annoyed
Mine was delayed too, originally 27th at 12:00, now 29th at 13:00 due to “transportation delays.” This is pretty odd since I got a text saying it left the factory on June 11. Crazy it takes 18 days to get from California to TN. I’m pretty worried if this delay extends past June 30 they may try to give my car to someone else (wherever it is).

Reactions: dgoodlan
Mine was delayed too, originally 27th at 12:00, now 29th at 13:00 due to “transportation delays.” This is pretty odd since I got a text saying it left the factory on June 11. Crazy it takes 18 days to get from California to TN. I’m pretty worried if this delay extends past June 30 they may try to give my car to someone else (wherever it is).

My delivery was 17 days from shipping to me accepting it. It took 16 days to get there (North Carolina). Our cars are put on trains to Alabama and then shipped by truck to the specific destination. It's not the quickest shipping but it's understandable that things can go wrong with so many moving pieces.

In typical Tesla fashion, my delivery got delayed until tomorrow at 5 pm due to the truck having mechanical issues. Not shocked but slightly annoyed
If that was my truck the problem would have been that the truck hit a low overpass with my car on the top rack.....and they would have still tried delivering it 😂😂
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 1.22.41 PM.png

Last edited:
So I just finished my homelink install and I asked the tech about installing a yoke and he was very firm that it does void the warranty because it’s housing a safety device and is one of the most important parts of the car in emergency situations. He also said it could potentially cause issues with the electronic system. After considering all of that, I’ve decided to return the yoke and not install it. Sure, I could swap them when I need service but what if I’m in an accident where airbags are deployed… potential insurance issues with determining fault and losing my warranty are just not worth the risk.

So I just finished my homelink install and I asked the tech about installing a yoke and he was very firm that it does void the warranty because it’s housing a safety device and is one of the most important parts of the car in emergency situations. He also said it could potentially cause issues with the electronic system. After considering all of that, I’ve decided to return the yoke and not install it. Sure, I could swap them when I need service but what if I’m in an accident where airbags are deployed… potential insurance issues with determining fault and losing my warranty are just not worth the risk.
Good call!! I definitely wouldn't mess with things like that, mud flaps...sure. Sawpping a steering wheel with sensitive electronics...NO

Good call!

The airbags are still in their original housing and being reinstalled into an original steering wheel that has been reshaped.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act specifically prohibits warrantors from making tie-in sales provisions --ie, "you have to use THIS SPECIFIC replacement part or your warranty is voided."

I'm sure it would void the warranty on the airbag, heated wheel function, and steering wheel scroll wheels. For anything else they'd have to prove that the yoke caused the warranty claim...and I doubt they'd be successful. The fact that the mechanic gave a blanket affirmative demonstrates that he doesn't understand how automotive warranties work. He's just a wrench pusher.

I'd like to see Tesla's policy clearly stating that exchanging steering wheels for anything other than OEM Tesla units is warranty voiding. If they have put it in writing, it goes against the rules of the Magnuson-Moss Act. And if they haven't put it in writing, the Magnuson-Moss Act is on the consumer's side.

Looks good to me. I would have accepted it too.

Was your saleslady the blonde that sits next to the window? That's who I dealt with and I felt extremely rushed. She was clearly trying to get me out of there. She did at least go through some basic infotainment functions to get me going. If it weren't for my morning pre-inspection I don't think I would have felt comfortable with the way she handled the delivery.
Yes that was the blonde lady with thick eyeliner. She did not even introduce herself as a courtesy. She never stepped out to go thru anything with the car. Luckily car did not have any major issues, so all good. Car had the mobile charged with J1772. Does you car look it has any kind of tint? maybe I am confusing the black seats through the glass.

The airbags are still in their original housing and being reinstalled into an original steering wheel that has been reshaped.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act specifically prohibits warrantors from making tie-in sales provisions --ie, "you have to use THIS SPECIFIC replacement part or your warranty is voided."

I'm sure it would void the warranty on the airbag, heated wheel function, and steering wheel scroll wheels. For anything else they'd have to prove that the yoke caused the warranty claim...and I doubt they'd be successful. The fact that the mechanic gave a blanket affirmative demonstrates that he doesn't understand how automotive warranties work. He's just a wrench pusher.

I'd like to see Tesla's policy clearly stating that exchanging steering wheels for anything other than OEM Tesla units is warranty voiding. If they have put it in writing, it goes against the rules of the Magnuson-Moss Act. And if they haven't put it in writing, the Magnuson-Moss Act is on the consumer's side.
There is a saying I heard before, you may beat the ticket but can you afford the ride. I agree the warranty should not be voided.

Yes that was the blonde lady with thick eyeliner. She did not even introduce herself as a courtesy. She never stepped out to go thru anything with the car. Luckily car did not have any major issues, so all good. Car had the mobile charged with J1772. Does you car look it has any kind of tint? maybe I am confusing the black seats through the glass.
Yea I think all cars have a little tinting to them. Not a film but just colored glass. Mine has a bit of a shaded look. Maybe 90-95% tint?

If you take your car in for tinting, ask them to meter the windows in stock form and then recheck them with a little piece of scrap tint at your preferred percentage to see how dark the finished product will be.

My plan is to have them check both 40% and 35% to see what they come to. Whichever gets closer to the actual 35% metered NC limit is going home with me. I suspect it will be the 40% film.

Here's someone's results after metering his stock windows.

Here's how the tinting on mine looks.

PXL_20220627_194942689.jpg

But also...

PXL_20220627_195246502.jpg

Last edited: