Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the honest answer is that the first date Tesla gives you is probably the right date. Seems like it moves all around for months. And then lands where it started. So I am still expecting 2nd week August.
I hope you're embarrassed at how wrong you were.... by getting your car earlier than that. 😁

Thinking the same thing. All these dates seem to be going in the wrong direction. Need to vent.
Been refreshing the overview page waiting for a date to change for the last 3 weeks. Now it seems that between all the new orders for Ps and the folks that are switching their orders to Ps to get their car sooner, the lead time for even the performance is now comparable or further out than all the other EV offerings that at least still get the $7500 tax break among other incentives.
Continuing to convince myself that M3P is a unique enough package that it's still worth the wait and the $73K price tag.
Ask me again in another few weeks if/when my date doesn't change or pushes out.
Which other EV offerings are those? A large part of what pushed me back into a Tesla is that there really ARE no competitors. Everything else that's worth the money is either untouchable for a year or more (Rivian, Ford), or aren't very competitive (Polestar).

The only other EVs I would honestly consider at the moment would be the Mach E GT, which you can't even order at the moment, and the Polestar2 Performance, which is mostly competitive with the M3 LR for a lot more money, and a lot less range. A Lightning or Rivian R1T would be fun, too, but you're not touching one of those before late 2023, if you're lucky. I won't speak to the VW, Audi, Porsche, or Lucid offerings though, as I haven't even looked at those. The iD4 is too slow for me, and the Audi, Porsche, and Lucid offerings are too big - and I'd go Plaid if I was spending that kind of money.

I have a friend who works at a Ford dealership, and ordered a Mach E GT about a week after orders first opened - he still doesn't even have an actual allocation, let alone any sort of date, and they're booking allocations several months in advance on them. He's not likely to know a date until well into 2023, if then.

Anyway, I guess I'm not really sure which comparable EVs you're talking about that are available in around the same timeframe as the M3P, but I can't name a single one you could even get this calendar year.

I went with NFCU but my financing was locked in early June. I won't brag about the rate, but I will say - I've been a member with them since I commissioned over 25+ years ago (retired now) - so I got the long-term member discount. You have to call them back once you've submitted your promissory note - once I got my final loan paperwork back, it was a -0.5% drop on APR when originally I was told -0.25%....It was a pleasant surprise for sure. You should ask NFCU about it as soon as you can.
Thanks. I’ll call them today.
I placed my order for the P on July 1st and it currently shows a window of Aug 22 - Sept 26. I am in Durham, NC.
Raleigh here. I ordered 7/3 with EDD 9/5-10/10.
MSM/White no EAP/FSD. My third Tesla. Second M3P.

Thanks. I’ll call them today.

Raleigh here. I ordered 7/3 with EDD 9/5-10/10.
MSM/White no EAP/FSD. My third Tesla. Second M3P.
Also Raleigh. Exact same as my order. And you ordered exactly one month after me. It took 23 days from order to delivery for me. Hopefully yours comes as quick (hopefully the plant closure doesn't slow things up too much for everyone).

Nah, they just realized @Flatbroke's order is still outstanding, so they're pulling out all of the stops to get it taken care of!
Lol. I’m 3 days away from start of the 3rd two week window starting. I figured I’d have a vin by now. My loan lock expires on the 18th. So I guess I’m gonna be at higher rate.

Thanks for serving Brother. All them years.... you deserve a 0% Interest Loan, easily. NFCU is pretty amazing, had a few loans through them throughout the years.
Too kind, @unlock 🫡 Appreciate your support. I know there’s many other Veterans here who apppreciate that as well, and I thank my brothers/sisters in arms for their service. Wasn’t trying to turn it into anything…just making fun of myself for being a “grey beard” so to speak. Although I’m Asian and couldn’t grow a beard to save my life. 😆😆

But I know “we”, my fellow Veterans appreciate those words and I didn’t want to leave it with a simple like button response. 👊🏽

Also Raleigh. Exact same as my order. And you ordered exactly one month after me. It took 23 days from order to delivery for me. Hopefully yours comes as quick (hopefully the plant closure doesn't slow things up too much for everyone).
Wow! That is super fast. Hope, the rest of us in Raleigh see similar times. My window hasn't changed since July 1.

Too kind, @unlock 🫡 Appreciate your support. I know there’s many other Veterans here who apppreciate that as well, and I thank my brothers/sisters in arms for their service. Wasn’t trying to turn it into anything…just making fun of myself for being a “grey beard” so to speak. Although I’m Asian and couldn’t grow a beard to save my life. 😆😆

But I know “we”, my fellow Veterans appreciate those words and I didn’t want to leave it with a simple like button response. 👊🏽
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Hi guys popping in again from LR world. So another fly over was done yesterday (link below). The factory appears to be opening up again and they have made a lot of gigacast parts over the past week. Don't forget if you are East coast it takes 2-3 to ship once the car is made. This will put you at an August date. I know you guys aren't used to waiting ;) but the factory was closed so no movement or shipping could occur. That means anyone who will need rail shipping is going to wait until August no matter what. Take care :)

EDIT: Updated video to current 7/11/22

Last edited:
Hi guys popping in again from LR world. So another fly over was done yesterday (link below). The factory appears to be opening up again and they have made a lot of gigacast parts over the past week. Don't forget if you are East coast it takes 2-3 to ship once the car is made. This will put you at an August date. I know you guys aren't used to waiting ;) but the factory was closed so no movement or shipping could occur. That means anyone who will need rail shipping is going to wait until August no matter what. Take care :)

Thank you for popping in to let us know! We appreciate the updates!

Reactions: ZZ118
Hmmm, does Texas require rail transport from Fremont?